Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Yes; as said above, the Spigen EZ Screen protector:

Zero issues with any of the cases I use; the Otterbox case didn't affect it at all; neither does my UAG or Nomad case
I use the WSKEN screen protector which is really close to the edge. Maybe that's why!
Apart from that I must the case is decent. I will probably start using it full time and see how I like it. The back is a bit slippery though but maybe I will get use to it with time? It is a clear back so I guess it will be slippery?

Reactions: danb1979

polkas

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2024
Currently using the Spigen Thin Fit and while the form factor is great, it’s rather slippery when my hands are dry.

I’ve been thinking about replacing it with the sheath or this tineeowl case I saw on youtube (https://www.amazon.sg/TineeOwl-Magnetic-Compatible-Minimalist-Microfiber/dp/B0CYC6RDWN). Has anyone given this a try? The round action button and texture seems pretty nifty, but I’m wondering if the softer material would pose an issue with dirt being stuck in the texture compared to the sheath.

On that note, could anyone share more about the sheath’s grip with dry hands? Noticed that there’s quite a bit of varying opinions on its grippiness and I’m wondering if hand moisture comes into play here.

Gaven

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2011
Currently using the Spigen Thin Fit and while the form factor is great, it’s rather slippery when my hands are dry.

I’ve been thinking about replacing it with the sheath or this tineeowl case I saw on youtube (https://www.amazon.sg/TineeOwl-Magnetic-Compatible-Minimalist-Microfiber/dp/B0CYC6RDWN). Has anyone given this a try? The round action button and texture seems pretty nifty, but I’m wondering if the softer material would pose an issue with dirt being stuck in the texture compared to the sheath.

On that note, could anyone share more about the sheath’s grip with dry hands? Noticed that there’s quite a bit of varying opinions on its grippiness and I’m wondering if hand moisture comes into play here.
I will contribute here mate. I have both the Sheath and Synthesis. I have dry hands and Sheath was a little slippery for me than the Synthesis. I am now using the Synthesis period probably because of the additional dots on the side of the case

Asafsulam

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2020

I have 2 cases from tineeowl- The almost black and stone. As for the almost black- no issue with dirt, I have it for almost a month and it looks like day 1. As for the stone- I still don't see any dirt but it does feel like it will be harder to clean.
The case itself is great, very grippy although it feels (to me..) a little heavy

polkas

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2024
I have 2 cases from tineeowl- The almost black and stone. As for the almost black- no issue with dirt, I have it for almost a month and it looks like day 1. As for the stone- I still don't see any dirt but it does feel like it will be harder to clean.
The case itself is great, very grippy although it feels (to me..) a little heavy
good to know! have you settled on it as the case you’ll be using? i’ll probably pick one up to give it a try

JordanB83

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
I haven’t seen much about this case on here, but after trying nomad, caudabe, phone rebel, I finally settled on the cheap ringke onyx MagSafe case. It’s literally perfect

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
After the Apple silicone, multiple Pitaka Pros, and now the Nomad Sport, I'm 100% happy with the Nomad Sport and haven't felt the need to find anything else. Great feel in the hand, great fitment, great buttons, just the right amount of grip, looks beautiful, surprisingly durable (very little wear on the shiny backplate), strong MagSafe... I'm seriously tempted to pick up 1-2 other colors while they're on sale.
Do you not find the Nomad Sport to be slippery?

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
For those of you who have the Nomad Sport case, does it get grippier with use?

I've got this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible...iphone+15+pro+max,electronics,146&sr=1-4&th=1

Pictures on one of the previous pages...

It's very grippy; but not as grippy as the Otterbox case

Do you think you may be looking for a unicorn?!

I've had zero issues with my 15PM in any of my rugged cases and my hands can be sweaty as hell when training at times; never dropped it once

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
I have been swapping between these Apple Silicon Case and Otter Box. I like the look of the Otter Box more, but the Apple Silicon has better grip.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 37

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Finally Black OB cactus available on Amazon, $52AUD so not bad.
Will see tomorrow.
As others mentioned, be careful when removing the case; the metal camera ring detaches very easily (mine came loose after only removing the case a couple of times.)

Reactions: Surfsalot

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Anyone have any good clear case recommendations? I assume the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear is probably the best bet for a good price.

Reactions: Surfsalot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.