Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Cactus is a weird cat.

1. Only just enough lip to lay flat with a GSP.
2. Mine has a bulge above the power button and above the charge port, straightened the power one a bit but still not straight.
3. Buttons are sharp and no where near as good as symmetry or my spigen ultra hybrid.
4. Strange smell.
5. Has some ok grip.
6. Gap on Bottom is not really noticeable unless you go looking for it.
7. Magsafe not as good as the spigen.

Have taken it on and off 6 times and camera ring seems solid.

Even if was straight no bulges can't stand the feel of the buttons with is a let down.
Glad I bought from Amazon lol Was worth a try.

Reactions: Zensō

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Caudabe just replied to someone's comment that the aluminum buttons will start with the 16 series. I'm assuming that's what you meant by floating buttons.
I imagine it will be a green case or a compostable case due to the 🌿 emoji at the end.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Anyone have any good clear case recommendations? I assume the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear is probably the best bet for a good price.
I’m currently using the Phone Rebel Gen-5 Clear case.

Reactions: jkel777

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Anyone use something like that Nomad magnetic back plate? Really tempted to try it or something similar.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Was there something that made their floating buttons better than those found on other cases?
Not necessarily, but the buttons are so much better than the current iphone version. There were a couple of other design elements that I thought made it better as well. The inside had a soft liner vs. hard plastic, the rear of the case was also designed so that the phone would lay flat on its back without any rock due to small ridges on the rear top/bottom of the case. Overall it felt more refined. Here are some comparison pics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 51

machopeful

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
IMG_6156.jpeg

How do we feel about the new color? I definitely don’t need any more cases, but I have 30% off coupon and don’t plan on upgrading this year. Call me tempted.

Reactions: gadgetmango

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
View attachment 2404315

How do we feel about the new color? I definitely don’t need any more cases, but I have 30% off coupon and don’t plan on upgrading this year. Call me tempted.
It’s a nice green. Was really hoping for improved buttons though. I’ll be upgrading, so hopefully they come through with decent buttons for the IP16 iteration.

Reactions: mikext

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
It’s a nice green. Was really hoping for improved buttons though. I’ll be upgrading, so hopefully they come through with decent buttons for the IP16 iteration.
They said they were using the aluminum buttons that are on the new Samsung Caudabes on the 16.

Reactions: Zensō

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
View attachment 2404315

The new Eucalyptus color is 🔥 I have the Sheath in gray, but may pull the trigger on the Synthesis in Eucalyptus.

Send the 30% off coupon my way 😉

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Does the Caudabe Synthesis feel the same way as the Sheath? I am thinking of buying the Caudabe as a present for my sis but I was not impressed with how the Sheath felt in the hands. Felt too rough feeling!

Reactions: Chrisjaylv

Chrisjaylv

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2021
Does the Caudabe Synthesis feel the same way as the Sheath? I am thinking of buying the Caudabe as a present for my sis but I was not impressed with how the Sheath felt in the hands. Felt too rough feeling!
I’ve been a sheath fanatic for the longest time and I just got the synthesis about a week ago. The synthesis has a better in hand feel. The texture is a lot more comfortable and the grips on the sides are super nice! I might be a synthesis convert now. It’s amazing and she’ll definitely love it!

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I’ve been a sheath fanatic for the longest time and I just got the synthesis about a week ago. The synthesis has a better in hand feel. The texture is a lot more comfortable and the grips on the sides are super nice! I might be a synthesis convert now. It’s amazing and she’ll definitely love it!
I may try my luck
I guess if she doesn't like it, she can sell it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.