Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas

There's Tee's video on the new Caudabe colors.

Caudabe also responded to the video with what changes they did for these cases:

View attachment 2405619

tl;dr - The Eucalyptus case has the same fit as the 14 cases. The buttons are more tactile as well (nothing about the case getting metal buttons or anything).

Edit: Here's another video showing the cases off more and the differences in rigidity.

The looser sides are a step backwards imo. Definitely a pet peeve thing for me but I can’t stand when the sides pull apart from the phone with relative ease. I thought the first Sheath case I bought for the 15 Pro was the perfect fit.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The looser sides are a step backwards imo. Definitely a pet peeve thing for me but I can’t stand when the sides pull apart from the phone with relative ease. I thought the first Sheath case I bought for the 15 Pro was the perfect fit.
Yeah, I agree, definitely a step backward. One of the best things about Caudabe cases is the tight fit; without that they’re just another average TPU case in my opinion.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
The first step is admitting I have a problem right? Got a Bullstrap Flex on the way 🤦‍♂️.

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpeg
    IMG_3044.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 69

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
So I just got my Synthesis for the 15 pro today. I’m not sure how I feel about it, I really liked it for the 14 Pro because it felt like it’s sort of beveled (not sure if that’s the word) down and made it look a little slimmer than the Synthesis for the 15 series. The one thing I really like about this case is the dot matrix grip on the side doesn’t feel as sharp or aggressive on my fingers as it did for the 14 pro version. I thought I would have a big problem with the little feet (I guess that’s the term) but it’s very low profile. I don’t know I’m not sure so far no case besides the lucid armor from Benks has stayed on my phone.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Caudabe are going to miss that there's a new button on the 16 aren't they? Then we'll get the cutout saga again and have to wait a couple of months for them to catch up.

Reactions: mikext

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Caudabe are going to miss that there's a new button on the 16 aren't they? Then we'll get the cutout saga again and have to wait a couple of months for them to catch up.
That capture button will be touch sensitive so they will have to be an open hole on all new 16 Pro/Max cases :(

This makes me not even want to upgrade this year.

Reactions: Ta0jin and Zensō

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
New Green Eucalyptus Synthesis in today. IMO the new softer material makes this case close to PERFECT :oops:
Easier to put on and remove the phone from. No more sharp scratchy edges on the back from the mold lines and the buttons are damn near perfect in every way. The fit and finish are excellent and I'm really liking this new Synthesis case. The last picture shows it with that aluminum camera protector thingy installed (perfect fit with Synthesis) Here's a couple pics:

gs01.jpg
gs02.jpg
gs03.jpg
gs04.jpg
gs05.jpg
gs06.jpg
gs07.jpg

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Just got the the Synthesis in Purple. Really disappointed as I think I have a defective case since the volume and action buttons are very stiff compared to the Power button. Definitely going to return the case...maybe ask for an exchange.

Last edited:

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
New Green Eucalyptus Synthesis in today. IMO the new softer material makes this case close to PERFECT :oops:
Easier to put on and remove the phone from. No more sharp scratchy edges on the back from the mold lines and the buttons are damn near perfect in every way. The fit and finish are excellent and I'm really liking this new Synthesis case. The last picture shows it with that aluminum camera protector thingy installed (perfect fit with Synthesis) Here's a couple pics:

View attachment 2406400 View attachment 2406401 View attachment 2406402 View attachment 2406403 View attachment 2406404 View attachment 2406405 View attachment 2406406
Sh*t, are you trying to push me over the edge!?!

I have the Sheath in Gray and love it. I had the Synthesis in Celestial Blue, but ended up returning it. The Synthesis felt like holding cheap, stiff plastic. I really like the dot matrix pattern sides (for added grip) and it is slightly thinner depth wise compared to the Sheath. Anyway, I am thinking about giving the Synthesis another shot.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Sh*t, are you trying to push me over the edge!?!

I have the Sheath in Gray and love it. I had the Synthesis in Celestial Blue, but ended up returning it. The Synthesis felt like holding cheap, stiff plastic. I really like the dot matrix pattern sides (for added grip) and it is slightly thinner depth wise compared to the Sheath. Anyway, I am thinking about giving the Synthesis another shot.
IMO, this softer material is much better for the Synthesis and the buttons are really nice because of it.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just got the the Synthesis in Purple. Really disappointed as I think I have a defective case since the volume and action buttons are very stuff compared to the Power button. Definitely going to return the case...maybe ask for an exchange.
You must have gotten a first generation DUD. Exchange if for the new green one and you will be much happier.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
IMO, this softer material is much better for the Synthesis and the buttons are really nice because of it.
That’s great! I am curious what other colors Caudabe is going to release. I have no plans on upgrading to the iPhone 16, so I don’t mind buying another case now (i.e., Synthesis in Eucalyptus) or wait for another color.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
That’s great! I am curious what other colors Caudabe is going to release. I have no plans on upgrading to the iPhone 16, so I don’t mind buying another case now (i.e., Synthesis in Eucalyptus) or wait for another color.
I'm praying for "Ultra Orange" Synthesis - This would make me very happy.

I might not upgrade either as that capture button doesn't thrill me one bit and future cases with a big @ss hole in the side 🤢

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Just got the the Synthesis in Purple. Really disappointed as I think I have a defective case since the volume and action buttons are very stiff compared to the Power button. Definitely going to return the case...maybe ask for an exchange.
The Synthesis buttons have always been like this in my experience.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
I wish Caudabe would come out with a much bigger range of colors from day 1 for the new phones instead of just the gray/black/blue each year. Sheath is my all time favorite case (same for a lot of people) but Mmore colors would be perfect.

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
I wish Caudabe would come out with a much bigger range of colors from day 1 for the new phones instead of just the gray/black/blue each year. Sheath is my all time favorite case (same for a lot of people) but Mmore colors would be perfect.
Agreed. And I wish they wouldn't have changed the fit on the new 15 Pro Sheaths without telling people aside from a YouTube comment. I'm really not into the looser sides.

Reactions: Zensō and iFone88

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Softer overall feel? And not that cheap a** plasticy feel? Per Brian’s Tech, new Synthesis is just as rigid as previous version and slightly looser on the sides near the buttons. Tee said a little bit looser fitting. Both said buttons are better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.