Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Paid $25 CAD to get the Zagg vinyl back out on. Good to use the phone naked with but made it too greasy and slippery.

Ripped it off today when my Caudabe Sheath arrived. It’s gloriously grippy and thin.

juice3250

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
021735c688b8718c6d8c16c6be86350a.jpg

I ordered the Ghostek Iron Guard case for my 15PM. It’s unfortunately back ordered and won’t ship until September 9.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
FineWoven case is getting returned. The sides creaked and popped just holding into it. I put electrical tape on the inside and it helped a little but nah, not a fan.

Back in the Spigen Ultra Hybrid this morning.

Reactions: Surfsalot

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I had totally fogot about this issue until today, but has anyone heard anything about the dbrand Ghost Case 2.0 replacement? This is the last official word I have been able to find from dbrand about the topic - from reddit. I can understand them taking their time to get the product right and avoid a repeat of the first version, but we will all have new phones at this rate.
1724252212145.png

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I had totally fogot about this issue until today, but has anyone heard anything about the dbrand Ghost Case 2.0 replacement? This is the last official word I have been able to find from dbrand about the topic - from reddit. I can understand them taking their time to get the product right and avoid a repeat of the first version, but we will all have new phones at this rate.
View attachment 2408062
I am on the list for the updated case and I have heard nothing....

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
FineWoven case is getting returned. The sides creaked and popped just holding into it. I put electrical tape on the inside and it helped a little but nah, not a fan.

Back in the Spigen Ultra Hybrid this morning.
I am really liking the Spigen black frost, it's kept my OB symmetry in the draw.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Just demand an exchange. Usually they will not even want the original case back and will send you a replacement out straight away.
Wow disappointed with Caudabe.

I emailed them asking if I could exchange the defective case with the very hard buttons for the new green Synthesis case since they are the same price. They are asking me to place an order for the new synthesis case, cut up the defective case and send them a pic of it cut up and they will send me the replacement case and refund me for the new order once that has be done.

I mean what is the point of all of that? The case is defective. I have no issue if they want me to send the case back first and once they received it and tested it, they will then replace it. Why should I have to place a new order and then send them the order number, that is long...

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
New Green Eucalyptus Synthesis in today. IMO the new softer material makes this case close to PERFECT :oops:
Easier to put on and remove the phone from. No more sharp scratchy edges on the back from the mold lines and the buttons are damn near perfect in every way. The fit and finish are excellent and I'm really liking this new Synthesis case. The last picture shows it with that aluminum camera protector thingy installed (perfect fit with Synthesis) Here's a couple pics:

View attachment 2406400 View attachment 2406401 View attachment 2406402 View attachment 2406403 View attachment 2406404 View attachment 2406405 View attachment 2406406
What material is softer? Just the sides? Or the back plate as well? I got a replacement black a couple months ago and the sides were much softer, but I wish they would make the back a little softer to be more forgiving to scratches

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

I emailed them asking if I could exchange the defective case with the very hard buttons for the new green Synthesis case since they are the same price. They are asking me to place an order for the new synthesis case, cut up the defective case and send them a pic of it cut up and they will send me the replacement case and refund me for the new order once that has be done.

I mean what is the point of all of that? The case is defective. I have no issue if they want me to send the case back first and once they received it and tested it, they will then replace it. Why should I have to place a new order and then send them the order number, that is long...
Damn, they are getting tough in their old age. At this point I would just demand a full refund.

Asafsulam

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2020

I had issue like this wit them also. I bought the Blue Synthesis and the magsafe ring came out of place, I emailed them and they immediately sent me coupon code for 100% discount. I tried to use it for the gray one and didn't managed. When sent them an email they replayed that they are only able to give the discount for the exact same product and offer me to buy new unit, send them the order number and get a refund. Tried to convince them to give me coupon code with no success. For their defense the credit was issued at the same day in which I sent them the new order number..

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Damn, they are getting tough in their old age. At this point I would just demand a full refund.
I think this is what I am going to do.
I forgot that once I place an order for the new case, I will have to pay for the delivery fee as well. Are they going to include the delivery fee in the refund as well?

What a joke though! They could just ask me to send the defective case back and once they have received it, they will send me out a new one. Why should I have to use my money to order a replacement case (even though they will refund me)...

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I had issue like this wit them also. I bought the Blue Synthesis and the magsafe ring came out of place, I emailed them and they immediately sent me coupon code for 100% discount. I tried to use it for the gray one and didn't managed. When sent them an email they replayed that they are only able to give the discount for the exact same product and offer me to buy new unit, send them the order number and get a refund. Tried to convince them to give me coupon code with no success. For their defense the credit was issued at the same day in which I sent them the new order number..
Hmm I am debating if I should demand a full refund and send back the defective case or if I should just do what you did and get refunded...

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I think this is what I am going to do.
I forgot that once I place an order for the new case, I will have to pay for the delivery fee as well. Are they going to include the delivery fee in the refund as well?

What a joke though! They could just ask me to send the defective case back and once they have received it, they will send me out a new one. Why should I have to use my money to order a replacement case (even though they will refund me)...
In the past Caudabe has always sent me out a new case, no questions asked. Guess their policies have really changed.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
In the past Caudabe has always sent me out a new case, no questions asked. Guess their policies have really changed.
I noticed this too. You have to wonder if they took a big hit on returns this year due to the Action button mess followed by the MagSafe bump and stiff buttons. There’s an upper limit to how many returns a small company can absorb before profits completely disappear.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Here’s a screen shot of the reply I received from Phone Rebel regarding the yellow sides of the case, 4 months after purchase. For the price that I paid, I don’t expect it to turn yellow so fast, so I will not be purchasing any more cases from Phone Rebel nor recommending anyone to purchase from them again. I’m better off buying a cheaper clear case or sticking with my Caudabe clear case, which has never turned yellow. I still have my 12PM Caudabe clear case which has not turned yellow.

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpeg
    IMG_2425.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2423.jpeg
    IMG_2423.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2420.jpeg
    IMG_2420.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2421.jpeg
    IMG_2421.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 71

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Dbrand Grip came in today

I like it overall and would probably keep it, but the sides of my screen aren’t protected because my additional screen protector protrudes for there than the case’s edges.

Probably going to be sending it back 😞

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Here’s a screen shot of the reply I received from Phone Rebel regarding the yellow sides of the case, 4 months after purchase. For the price that I paid, I don’t expect it to turn yellow so fast, so I will not be purchasing any more cases from Phone Rebel nor recommending anyone to purchase from them again. I’m better off buying a cheaper clear case or sticking with my Caudabe clear case, which has never turned yellow. I still have my 12PM Caudabe clear case which has not turned yellow.
To be fair, the Caudabe clear case is made of hard plastic whereas the part of the Phone Rebel case that has yellowed is TPU.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
To be fair, the Caudabe clear case is made of hard plastic whereas the part of the Phone Rebel case that has yellowed is TPU.
I know. I figured the sides would not turn yellow so quick. My other cheaper clear cases didn’t turn yellow less than 6 months. I thought a more expensive case would turn yellow later than the other cases I owned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.