Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I don’t have that issue with mine. I can barely see the glue lines around the back of the case.

It definitely feels a little softer than the celestial blue Synthesis case that I returned. It is still a rigid case, but feels nicer in the hand than the previous version. And the buttons are much more tactile.
I agree with the buttons, they were decent

Reactions: walds11

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
My Eucalyptus Caudabe Synthesis arrived yesterday and I am not that impressed.

I think it looks cheap and you can see the glue lines around the case. I also feel the case is not tight enough around the edges...I will probably sell it now..
It seems you’ve tried many cases. Do you have a current favorite?

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
It seems you’ve tried many cases. Do you have a current favorite?
No!
For the 15 Pro Max I don't think I have found a case that I can say is perfect tbh and I have tried many cases like you have said!
Maybe I am too picky but I am still searching.
I feel I should try the Nomad Rugged but I have a feeling I am going to find it too bulky

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
No!
For the 15 Pro Max I don't think I have found a case that I can say is perfect tbh and I have tried many cases like you have said!
I feel I should try the Nomad Rugged but I have a feeling I am going to find it too bulky
I’m in the same boat, still swapping out cases a year later. I’m definitely too picky, but I do enjoy the process so not a bad thing really.

I have an inkling that you’re right about the Rugged; you’ll probably find it too bulky. I wish Nomad would make a case that falls somewhere between the Rugged and their other cases.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
It looks like major upgrades are coming for the Caudabe iPhone 16 cases (notice the floating buttons and ribbed sides).

IMG_2163.jpeg

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
I’m still contemplating. I don’t really need to upgrade, but I have a feeling that FOMO is going to win out once the day approaches. 😬
I’m in the same boat. My 15PM is perfectly fine, but I’m a sucker for the latest shiny toy. I’ll check my telcos plans and see how they compare to what I’m paying now, and if it’s similar pricing I may be tempted, like almost every year. I could sell my current phone phone to pay out the current contract, and pocket $100-150.

I’ll try to be strong 😬

juice3250

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
I just bought this UAG Metropolis case for $20 on eBay. I had this case on my S23 Ultra and it was my favorite case. It has a built in magnet for MagSafe. So much better than $65 brand new.
7e5bfc275ea2942dfa2184a6de9cd467.png

juice3250

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
I also have this one coming from AliExpress in the next week. This will be case number 4 for me. I think my current favorite one is the Ringke fusion clear case with frosted back. But it isn’t a MagSafe case. So I will end up switching between my Spigen hybrid, UAG and this case from Ali. I’m the same way with Apple Watch bands. I’ll buy a bunch of cheap ones and switch between 3-4 on a regular basis depending on the mood or occasion.

ee5b6e8a30c99472635a4c396c0f327c.png

Reactions: alamperti

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Is it just me or are these kinda ugly lol I love andar and have 4 of the Aspen but these ain’t it chief

Attachments

• IMG_6861.png
    IMG_6861.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 48

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
No!
I’m the same way. I haven’t found one that stays on my phone all the time. I usually change every week. I would say the most used one is the Apple silicon case, just a nice all around case.

So, is everyone upgrading to the 16 or not?
I don’t think I will

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Ghost 2.0 Mega Update

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Human,

Nearly a year ago, we launched the Ghost Case. It was the most successful failure we ever put into the world.

Our goal was to overcome the #1 issue with clear cases: they all turn yellow.

The #2 issue with clear cases? The fact that they scratch really, really easily. Being unwilling to compromise on the zero-yellowing guarantee meant we had to skip over industry-standard anti-scratch coatings (which also turn yellow over time).

Once the Ghost was launched, two things happened:
  1. The zero-yellowing guarantee brought us more customers than we ever could have imagined.
  2. Many of those customers made it clear that we’d missed the mark on scratch resistance.
In our last email about the Ghost Case (we’ll refer to this as the “Ghost 1.0” from now on), we shared a sobering realization: that the tooling and industrial design of Ghost 1.0 was fundamentally incompatible with any of the anti-scratch solutions we developed.

Putting it really simply, this meant we had to start… from scratch (painful amounts of pun intended). New design, new priorities, new tooling, new Ghost. After pouring what felt like a lifetime of development work into Ghost 1.0, we can’t say this didn’t sting.

However, there was a silver lining: most of the feedback and new feature requests we received for Ghost 1.0 (namely those that were unrelated to scratching) would have required a ground-up redesign to implement, regardless. The fact that all signs pointed in the same direction gave us confidence that this total redesign was the only path forward.

Today, we’re here to introduce you to Ghost 2.0, unpack all the improvements we’ve made to the product, and offer some clarity on when you can claim your free replacement.

This email is going to be quite the read - we advise you get comfortable. If you don’t have the time to go through it all, our only request is that you fill out the 45-second survey at the end of this email. We’re moving into mass production of the Ghost 2.0 and your response will help us make sure we’re allocating resources correctly to get replacements out as quickly as possible.

Let’s get into it. Introducing: the Ghost 2.0.​
24af0801-e9d5-4256-8d68-6c8ebbec9f41.gif
While our only non-negotiable for Ghost 1.0 was “zero-yellowing,” we had a much longer list for Ghost 2.0. Using your real-world feedback, we were able to identify and prioritize several areas of improvement in the all-new design:
  • Scratch resistance
  • Debonding
  • Sidewall rigidity
  • Impact protection
  • Corner cracking
  • Magnetic strength (with the new option for a cleaner look without MagSafe)
  • Button tactility
  • Camera protection
  • In-hand feel
  • General durability
…all while maintaining our zero-yellowing guarantee. Let’s start from the top.

Improvement #1: Scratch Resistance​

As you’re no doubt aware, scratch resistance was the driving motivation behind our re-development of the Ghost Case. If you’ve been using the Ghost 1.0 for any amount of time, it probably looks something like this:​
d2dcb9e3-0a35-43ad-9612-dbfbe5565373.jpeg
All of these micro-scratches on the Ghost 1.0 are the result of a high-polish clear polycarbonate with no added scratch protection. When exposed to similar levels of wear-and-tear, your Ghost 2.0 should look like this:​
309a770a-b19c-4258-a6c3-a3e34aa94fb7.jpeg
As you've no doubt noticed, Ghost 2.0 no longer has pockets of clear plastic wrapping around the sides. While some part of us instinctively wanted to keep that visual identity, it was the shape and mechanics of that clear subframe that ultimately led to:
  • failed anti-scratch solutions;
  • cracked corners after being dropped;
  • high debonding failure rates (i.e., the black and clear parts separating from each other); and
  • a relative lack of grip due to a "plastic-y" feel in the hand.
This new visual identity hasn't just enabled us to implement a functional anti-scratch solution - it's resulted in the most scratch-resistant clear case we've ever tested (and believe us, we've tested a lot of clear cases).

To be clear, we aren't saying the Ghost 2.0 is scratch-proof (although we did develop an impossibly scratch-proof version - it was made of glass and shattered way too easily). We don’t, for instance, advise that you drag your Ghost 2.0 across asphalt or use it as a cutting board.

However, we are confident in saying that—based on the in-market clear cases we’ve tested from major brands—Ghost 2.0 will be the most scratch-resistant clear case you've ever owned.

This all-new subframe of Ghost 2.0 not only acts as a platform for scratch resistance. It’s also the key that unlocked all the other improvements, including…

Improvement #2: Debonding​

You’ve likely heard us speak on this topic in the past. Debonding is exactly what it sounds like: when two substrates “de-bond” from one another.​
71e027d0-7b2d-40c8-9881-476b72fa181a.gif
Phone cases are typically created by bonding together two materials: a thermoplastic polyurethane (rubbery material) and a polycarbonate (rigid material).

Technically speaking, bonding two different substrates means you’re bonding materials with differing properties (thermal expansion rates, surface energies, mechanical adhesion characteristics, etc.) These differences can cause stress at the interface between the materials, which, over time and exposure to unfavorable conditions, will inevitably result in the materials separating.

While this material separation, or “debonding,” is a terminal issue with every (source) phone (source) case (source) that’s (source) ever (source) existed (source), our Ghost 1.0 industrial design was particularly susceptible to the issue.

The biggest culprit was the shape of the clear plastic and how dimensionally limited and under-engineered the contact surfaces were.

To help visualize this, below is a picture of the Ghost 1.0 subframe:​
aaadded7-d781-4e25-8093-921fdffbd012.jpeg
As cool as it looked, it simply wasn’t durable enough. On the other hand, here’s the Ghost 2.0 subframe:​
62a06a73-beee-4e25-a2a5-b97f071a6d39.jpeg
Not only has the contact surfacing gone up 12x, we’ve added an all-new “tunnel” mechanic to the mold. The “tunnels” (those tiny little holes) are designed to add an extra axis of bonding between the two materials. During manufacturing, the tunnels get filled with molten polyurethane and - once cooled - the cylindrical channels act as strength multipliers for mechanical bond between the two materials.

While the adjustment may seem obvious, the real challenge was in execution. When the molten polyurethane tries to enter into those tiny channels, the natural resistance comes from microscopic air pockets that have no escape route in the tooling. This results in little warts all over the rim of the case.

Through a lot of trials and modifications, we designed some clever escape routes in the tooling to make these bond-strengthening tunnels achievable in mass production.

Our accelerated durability testing indicates that the Ghost 2.0 is the most durable, strongest bonding case we’ve ever produced, by at least a factor of five.

Until we've had an uncountable number of consumers put the Ghost 2.0 through its paces over several years, it’s difficult to say if this means a five-fold or fifty-fold improvement to the longevity of the case, but we’re confident that this innovation means “debonding” is a thing of the past.

The all-new subframe, enabling both a scratch resistant coating and a manyfold improvement to debonding, also led us to…

Improvement #3: Sidewall Rigidity​

If you’ve ever tugged at the bottom of your Ghost 1.0, you probably noticed that it feels a bit “flimsy.”​
f0dbbc16-3fd3-4dd0-8bdf-4617ad377b5e.jpeg
As you can see, that’s because there was no underlying support structure. While this allowed us to really dial down the thickness of the case, it also resulted in a flimsier feel. Because the bottom section lacked rigidity, any natural flex also turned into an ingress point for debris.

It's also worth noting that this lack of a support structure meant the bottom was a particularly common point of failure for debonding.

With the Ghost 2.0, we extended the debonding improvements around the bottom, creating a much more durable, rigid subframe on all sides of the case.​
0ddc604a-2bda-4c7a-95a0-46cdf75faa06.jpeg
With that (literal) skeleton out of the way, let’s unpack the key improvements around the impact-resistant rim of the case.

Improvement #4: Impact Protection​

In the construction of phone cases, the rubber-like thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) material is what affords impact protection. On the Ghost 1.0, the isolated TPU structure looked like this:​
33208eab-b843-4ef4-9784-cfc6880c0f0d.jpeg
This TPU structure was a polarizing design choice - one which resulted in a number of compromises that Ghost 1.0 users weren’t happy with. Putting aside the limited TPU coverage as a source of debonding failures, users were critical of impact resistance, corner cracking, and - while the ribbing along the perimeter was celebrated for its tactility, users wanted a less “plastic-y” overall feel.​
46c0f507-4233-4870-8a5c-f81a3502b9cf.jpeg
With a wider ribbed frame, matte finish, and increased TPU coverage, the Ghost 2.0 eliminates all of those compromises. It's more protective, more durable, and feels better in the hand. Also, if you ever noticed that your Ghost 1.0 would make a "squeaky" noise when squeezing on your phone the wrong way, rest assured: your Ghost 2.0 will be whisper-quiet.

That is, of course, unless you're clicking the buttons…

Improvement #5: Buttons​

We are obsessed with buttons. After reading through mountains of feedback on Ghost 1.0, we learned that the majority of you are as well.

Compared to some of the other feedback we've been addressing, many users were satisfied with the buttons on their Ghost 1.0. That said, some SKUs definitely could have used some refined tactility for specific buttons (for example, the Pixel 8 Pro “Volume Up” button).

The more common feedback we received was that some users had trouble finding the buttons. Not because they're blind, but because the buttons were relatively indistinct on the Ghost 1.0 frame.

Given that the buttons were built into the frame, had a similar (albeit denser) "ribbing" pattern, and didn't extrude very much above the band, it's not entirely surprising that they could be hard to find.​
747dc713-8f5b-47ef-a30c-e4b7ac8d6bb5.jpeg
Because the Ghost 1.0 had such a narrow TPU frame, there wasn’t really much room to work with on improving it. With Ghost 2.0's all-new tooling, we had plenty of real estate to re-think the buttons completely.​
cc12e278-8c36-439c-9837-a269724edc99.jpeg
In addition to the new look, improved texturing, and unmistakable distinction between each button, we’ve put a careful focus on making sure the “click” is just right on every single button, for every single model.

To that end, below is a photo of the interior of Ghost 1.0’s buttons.​
69de041e-c011-4901-b03e-27ba82b7c444.jpeg
Because of the limited amount of moldable real estate in the TPU, you can see that we had very narrow “button islands” on the interior of the case. While they were precise, their narrowness meant that clicking from certain angles could feel "mushy."

By contrast, here’s how that same area looks on the Ghost 2.0.​
668081a5-888c-405f-9d1e-5f70cbe7ddd3.jpeg
With Ghost 2.0's thicker “button islands,” you'll find that the button tactility will hold up under a much wider range of angles. We also made sure to separate the volume up and down buttons, dramatically reducing the probability of an erroneous button click on models which feature a volume rocker, rather than two discrete buttons.

Put simply: they feel clickier. Guaranteed.

We didn’t increase TPU coverage everywhere, though. Let's talk about the one place we actually reduced the TPU coverage: the camera lip.

Improvement #6: Camera Protection​

On the Ghost 1.0, the camera lip was a black rim that looked like this:​
ed731df7-1591-46ff-93b0-c9ff4b205312.jpeg
It was a distinctive design element that also served as protection for the camera lenses. On the Ghost 2.0, it looked obnoxious.​
9f836019-6a13-42fc-be95-f11c34a57a68.jpeg
…so we got rid of it.​
cb92a7d4-26d5-4331-9fe7-bf5d8654937d.jpeg
On Ghost 2.0, we’ve substituted the separated TPU camera lip with an integrated polycarbonate camera ramp. Not only does it fit the cleaner design language of Ghost 2.0, but it’s also much more protective - both in height and rigidity - than the shorter, more flexible camera lip on Ghost 1.0.

That’s not the only thing we took out, though…

Improvement #7: No More Magnets​

Okay, not really. But… kind of. Let us explain.

Below, you’ll find a picture of the Ghost 1.0 on a Pixel 8 Pro.​
7a077871-4234-4487-9500-cf96598d4314.jpeg
Notice anything? The “G” logo isn’t even close to centered. Why did Google not center the logo on their charging coil? We’ll never know. What we do know is that:
  1. We can’t move the charging coil. Only Google can.
  2. Our magnetic array must match the position of the charging coil.
Many Pixel customers, after learning that we could not modify the magnet position on the case, shared that they’d rather not have the MagSafe coil at all.

Due to the inescapable reality that the “G” logo will never be properly centered, we're pleased to announce that MagSafe is now optional on Pixel devices.​
4d1c6a1e-a2a8-4bb4-bf55-cad7509f1da6.jpeg
But why stop there? We're making MagSafe optional across the entire Ghost 2.0 range. Putting aside the “G” logo centering, this decision was also the result of feedback that some customers simply didn’t care for MagSafe accessories and preferred a cleaner look.

Yes, this optional MagSafe removal even includes you, iPhone owners. Though, we should note that a non-MagSafe Ghost 2.0 will inhibit MagSafe functionality for iPhones. You should only buy the non-MagSafe version if you truly don't care about using magnetic accessories.

If you do care about MagSafe, though - we've got great news.

Improvement #8: Our Strongest Magnets Ever… Again.​

While we certainly weren't lying when we claimed Ghost 1.0 had our strongest magnets ever, your feedback has made it clear that we still had room to improve with Ghost 2.0. So, that's exactly what we did.

In pursuit of simply making the magnets stronger (which we did), we came across a root cause for why the magnetic attachment may have felt weak with certain types of accessories attached.

As you know, the Ghost 1.0 had a raised "magnet bump" on the back.​
99af59ce-edeb-4020-979e-a977b79d9273.jpeg
This bump was a result of thickness constraints. When injection molding a part, there’s something known as a “minimum wall thickness.” This means that no “wall” of the phone case can be under a certain limit. If you go below that measurement in wall thickness at any point, the injection molded part either cannot be mass-produced or would crack under moderate flex.

To maintain the super thin profile of Ghost 1.0, we couldn’t embed magnets into the back plate. Doing so would result in a breach of that “minimum wall thickness.” Instead, we raised up the magnet area so that the wall thickness constraint wasn’t violated, but the rest of the case remained minimally thin.

In practice, this bump served as a sort of "pivot point" for magnetic accessories. When force was applied to the MagSafe accessory anywhere surrounding the bump, the additional leverage from the raised bump would make it easier to detach.

To put it in simpler terms, let's imagine a MagSafe wallet.

Rather than being seated directly against the back surface of the Ghost 1.0, this hypothetical wallet was seated directly against the MagSafe bump. Anywhere it wasn’t making direct contact with that MagSafe bump, it was elevated off the case by about 0.8mm. This gap made it easy to push down any edge of the wallet and cause a corresponding lift on the opposite side.

This additional leverage isn't possible with a flat-backed phone case, which is why the Ghost 2.0 now sports a flat back, with the stronger magnets embedded directly into the back plate.​
82651932-b063-49ac-b819-e8d0a589a447.jpeg
To reiterate: Ghost 2.0's magnets are also stronger. This, in combination with the flat back, should yield a much stronger magnetic connection under a broader range of scenarios.

The last thing to call out with regard to magnets is specifically relevant to Samsung owners. Some of you were likely disappointed to find that the camera lip on your device physically interfered with some MagSafe accessories.​
06854e45-073e-4404-a64f-f9af806d6f9a.jpeg
To remedy this, we added a taper to the bottom edge of the camera lip - one that doesn’t interfere with camera protection - on Samsung Ultra models.​
161cf92a-4151-43da-83f6-387712a9aed4.jpeg
While there are several more improvements we could detail here, this rounds out the major feature upgrades that you're likely to notice when you receive your Ghost 2.0.

…and in case it wasn't clear: yes, Ghost 2.0 is still guaranteed to not turn yellow.​
d48788c8-5142-4dac-91a2-ff9beab91ddc.gif
Speaking honestly, the only reason we were able to carry out this redesign in the first place was because of your incredible patience. While our silence for the past few months could have, rightfully, been perceived as taking your patience for granted, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Instead, we've spent each day juggling two competing priorities:
  1. To get you the best possible version of this product.
  2. To do so as quickly as possible.
Rather than communicating periodic updates on an uncertain, incomplete product, we've been heads-down with a dedicated focus on achieving that first priority. We hope this update has given some insight into the journey it took to get there.

Now that the Ghost 2.0 genuinely is the best version of itself, we can shift all of our attention to the remaining priority: getting it to you as quickly as possible.

To that end, we've officially discontinued sales of Ghost 1.0. Our focus is now solely on delivering free Ghost 2.0 replacements to everyone who purchased the 1.0 version.

As of today, one of the most important milestones in that journey has been achieved: we've officially cleared all twenty-six Ghost 2.0 SKUs to enter mass production. That includes:
  1. iPhone 14 Pro
  2. iPhone 14 Pro Max
  3. iPhone 15 Pro
  4. iPhone 15 Pro Max
  5. Galaxy S22 Ultra
  6. Galaxy S23 Ultra
  7. Galaxy S24 Ultra
  8. Pixel 7 Pro
  9. Pixel 8 Pro
  10. Pixel 9 Pro
  11. Pixel 9 Pro XL
  12. iPhone 16 Pro
  13. iPhone 16 Pro Max
  14. Non-MagSafe versions for all of the above
If you're wondering why all these new phones are on the list, it's because we recognize that you may have upgraded by the time we're ready to ship. Rest assured: your free Ghost 2.0 can be for any device we support, not just the one you originally purchased.

In mid-October, we'll send you another email. In that email, you’ll get:
  1. A coupon code for your free Ghost 2.0.
  2. A coupon code for free shipping, worldwide.
  3. A password-protected link to the Ghost 2.0 purchase UI.
  4. Your unique credentials to unlock that Ghost 2.0 purchase UI.
With this information, you’ll be able to place an order for your free Ghost 2.0 replacement (or multiple replacements, if you purchased multiple units). At that time, you'll select your device and provide an updated address, if needed.

Realistically, we expect it will take until the end of the year to clear out the backlog of all Ghost 2.0 replacements. Considering we won't be taking any new orders for Ghost 2.0 until all of the 1.0 customers have had a chance to claim a replacement (paired with the fact that we’d really like to start recouping the millions of dollars committed to this replacement program), we wish we could offer a more optimistic timeline.

To be clear, we’re not saying that Ghost 2.0 replacements will start shipping at the end of the year. We intend to start shipping shortly after the replacement orders are placed. However, given the complexity and scale of this Ghost 2.0 resolution, we'd rather underpromise and overdeliver on the conclusion to this saga - and end of year is our honest estimate.

If you skipped to the end​

That was quite a scroll, huh? Here’s the tl;dr:
  • We made Ghost 2.0.
  • We appreciate your patience.
  • See above for more details.
With that out of the way, we've prepared a brief survey for you to fill out. It’ll take about 45 seconds to complete. Now that we're entering mass production, it would be extremely helpful to know what device you're planning on getting a Ghost 2.0 for. That way, we can schedule and prioritize our production runs accordingly.

To be clear: this survey is not a binding decision. You'll be committing your actual device selection and delivery address for the free Ghost 2.0 replacement program when we email you next month.

In exchange for filling out the survey, we’ve hidden some loot at the end. Click here to find it.

If you read the whole email, thanks a ton.

If you skipped straight to the survey, thanks.

If you didn't do either of those things, you're dead to us.

Signed,
A Robot

P.S. - this email is going out to hundreds of thousands of Ghost 1.0 customers. If you have an urgent question or need support that isn’t answered by information in this email, please feel free to reach out. Otherwise, we'd appreciate it if you left us on "read."

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Sounds like they've put a lot of effort into improving the case.

My only concern is (and I didn't read the whole email) - if they have a several month backlog to clear in terms of shipping/replacing the old case with the Ghost 2.0 - where does that leave the iPhone 16? Are they going to ship the Ghost 2.0 for iPhone 16 from launch, or will they not be able to sell/ship for the 16 until after they've sorted the backlog?

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
Prolly gonna go caudabe as well for 16 pro max, my brother is using s24 ultra with caudabe synthesis and boy that case is perfect.

Reactions: walds11

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Is the retail landscape a depressing wasteland of crappy TPU counterfeit and Otterbox cases where you live? For those that reply, please mention where that is.

I'm curious if it's the same was situation where you are. iPhone accessories have typically come down in price (I've bought since the beginning) as smartphones itselves have become commodities but the high markup in these bricks and mortar channels still result in overpriced and small selection.

Both our big box stores like Best Buy and malls with their dozens of kiosks and cell carrier stores (Rogers, Fido, Koodo, Bell, TELUS, Public, Virgin, Freedom etc) inside sell only this crap in Canada.

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Is the retail landscape a depressing wasteland of crappy TPU counterfeit and Otteebox cases? Both our big box stores like Best Buy and malls with their dozens of kiosks and cell carrier stores (Rogers, Fido, Koodo, Bell, TELUS, Public, Virgin, Freedom etc) inside sell only this crap.
Yes. I suspect in the big box stores, most people don’t give much thought to cases and buy whatever fits, in the color they like—and especially—at the right price. Quality is not likely a clear differentiator in those situations. That puts premium case makers at a big disadvantage when compared to less expensive offerings on a retail wall. It’s probably best for enthusiasts to either be looking at buying direct, or at least on Amazon.

Reactions: mgscheue

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
I have the following cases for my iP15 Pro:

1. YMXPY aluminium bumper and silicone frame
2. OtterBox Symmetry Soft Touch (bright yellow)
3. Ringke Onyx with MagSafe support
4. Ringke Onyx
5. ESR translucent frosted with MagSafe (value pack with tempered glass screen protector and camera lens protector)
6. RhinoShield CrashGuard bumper
7. Caudabe Sheath

This is only a list not a ranking!

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Iv'e only spent $A80AUD this year, all other cases returned and they were all Brand name cases, except OB Symmetry plus black, and Spigen Ultra Frost Black.
If I get a 16 will just get the Spigen again, theend lol
All the others I tried will be probs no diff this year than they were for the 14/15.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I’m the same way. I haven’t found one that stays on my phone all the time. I usually change every week. I would say the most used one is the Apple silicon case, just a nice all around case.

I don’t think I will
I feel like I wanted to buy the Apple Silicon but I have heard too many negative things about the case not being worth the price and the case falling apart after a couple of months,.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.