Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

machopeful

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
How are the sides? I ordered one recently (Amazon) and the sides were loose, creaking and popping when using. Shame because I really liked how it felt.
Great question. This one was actually a replacement from Amazon. The first one had uneven speaker cutouts and creaked when I used it. This one is much better, though not 100% perfect.

I’ve had a few FW cases this year that I returned due to some sort of issue, though each issue was different for each case. It’s really hard finding a FW case that’s perfectly manufactured, but it’s worth picking up if you find one thats good quality and on sale.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
View attachment 2408633 View attachment 2408628

Call me crazy, but I really like fine woven. Picked up the black case on Amazon for under $30 and love how it feels.
Just ordered one myself. Officeworks (Australian office supplies store) are offloading them for $29, so I figured I’d see what they’re actually like.

My Spigen ultra hybrid mag case is a bit slippery, and I’m noticing slight discolouration of the frame, so time to swap it out. I’ve ordered a genuine imitation apple leather case as well, so I’ll see if it’s any good or not. Cheap, so if it’s garbage it’s no big loss.

I did buy a Mous case, but sent it back as I found it uncomfortable to hold my phone with it on, and I’m not a fan of the lanyard holes (dust inlets). Looked at leather options, was considering the Andar Aspen, but the price is a bit off putting. I’m keeping my 15PM another year, so I might keep an eye out for a sale.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Just ordered one myself. Officeworks (Australian office supplies store) are offloading them for $29, so I figured I’d see what they’re actually like.

My Spigen ultra hybrid mag case is a bit slippery, and I’m noticing slight discolouration of the frame, so time to swap it out. I’ve ordered a genuine imitation apple leather case as well, so I’ll see if it’s any good or not. Cheap, so if it’s garbage it’s no big loss.

I did buy a Mous case, but sent it back as I found it uncomfortable to hold my phone with it on, and I’m not a fan of the lanyard holes (dust inlets). Looked at leather options, was considering the Andar Aspen, but the price is a bit off putting. I’m keeping my 15PM another year, so I might keep an eye out for a sale.
I’m keeping my 15PM for another year as well, so I’ve been hunting for new cases to make my phone feel new next month when iOS 18 launches, hoping that will cure the upgrade itch for me.

Reactions: AE14 and walds11

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023

I saw that not even worth $29 imo, had a free one from apple ended up cutting it up to see what they were like lol
flimsy bit of cloth over cheap plastic.
the cutouts on the bottom were sharp and very slippery and doesn't get better, I have the spigen ultra hybrid black frost, no discolour and grip has got better with use. 10 times better case than FW.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
IMO, it definitely feels softer than the black Synthesis case I have.
Still a rigid case, just feels nicer in the hand.
I received my Synthesis Eucalyptus. I agree with you across the board! 💯 Great case! I am glad that I was reunited with the Synthesis.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
What case do you guys think is is better in terms of protection and feeling good in the hands/grip....

The Nomad Sport or the Caudabe Synthesis?

polkas

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2024
What case do you guys think is is better in terms of protection and feeling good in the hands/grip....

The Nomad Sport or the Caudabe Synthesis?
Curious about this too! All the love for the improvements in the Eucalyptus makes me so tempted. Hoping they will bring forward the changes to grey too.

Reactions: walds11

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Curious about this too! All the love for the improvements in the Eucalyptus makes me so tempted. Hoping they will bring forward the changes to grey too.

If you’re holding out in hopes that they will do improvements on the Gray, they won’t. All their focus is going to be on the 16 series from here on out.

I have the revised Gray Synthesis and I absolutely love it, I always try a few cases in the beginning of the cycle but always end up with Caudabe. It’s also always my first order for the phone.

It’s been my ultimate case and I will definitely get it again for the 16 Pro Max. Anyway if you want the Gray get it, you’ll love it and it can’t be a night and day difference with the Eucalyptus.

8cf958c57e28f65100bd29e45eb12c6c.jpg

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
If you’re holding out in hopes that they will do improvements on the Gray, they won’t. All their focus is going to be on the 16 series from here on out.

I have the revised Gray Synthesis and I absolutely love it, I always try a few cases in the beginning of the cycle but always end up with Caudabe. It’s also always my first order for the phone.

It’s been my ultimate case and I will definitely get it again for the 16 Pro Max. Anyway if you want the Gray get it, you’ll love it and it can’t be a night and day difference with the Eucalyptus.

8cf958c57e28f65100bd29e45eb12c6c.jpg
I bought the Purple Synthesis and the buttons were very stiff. Are your buttons good? I am wondering if I just got a defective case or are buttons on this type of case just not that good?

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Go for the Eucalyptus. You won’t regret it!

IMG_8339.jpeg

And the buttons are much more tactile.

Reactions: Hooterville

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I bought the Purple Synthesis and the buttons were very stiff. Are your buttons good? I am wondering if I just got a defective case or are buttons on this type of case just not that good?

My buttons are definitely good. The first batch’s buttons were stiff for sure but they revised it a while back and they got so much better.

Are your slits almost as big as the buttons volume up and down and power buttons? And the action button is a slit totally across.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
It depends upon what you’re comparing to. The updated buttons on the second version of the Synthesis were an improvement over the original, but they’re nowhere near as nice as good floating buttons on cases like the Mous Limitless, Pitaka Pro, or Apple FW.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
It depends upon what you’re comparing to. The updated buttons on the second version of the Synthesis were an improvement over the original, but they’re nowhere near as nice as good floating buttons on cases like the Mous Limitless, Pitaka Pro, or Apple FW.
The buttons on the Nomad Sport are great as well!

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
I saw that not even worth $29 imo
Got it yesterday. Not as bad as I imagined from feedback I’ve read, but definitely not worth $99. I’ll see how it goes before deciding if $29 was reasonable or not. Back material feels alright, frame feels like it’s been 3D printed though.

Still waiting on the knockoff apple leather case I bought, it’ll be going on the phone when it arrives.

the cutouts on the bottom were sharp and very slippery and doesn't get better, I have the spigen ultra hybrid black frost, no discolour and grip has got better with use.
I did notice the edges, grip doesn’t seem too bad to me, but that’s coming from the Spigen that’s been on the slippery side for me since I got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surfsalot

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
My knockoff Apple leather case arrived today. Quality is very good I must say. Fits well, buttons work fine, usb-c cutout is slightly off centre, but not going to be a problem at all. Didn’t expect great quality leather, and the smell confirms it. It’s pretty much the same as the cases I had for my old 13PM and 14PM. Feels nicer in hand compared to the fine woven case, which creaked that much when taking it off I thought I’d snapped something. I’ll give the leather a few weeks and see how it holds up. I might alternate between it and the fine woven to give them both an extended life before becoming bin fodder.

IMG_3514.jpeg
IMG_3516.jpeg IMG_3517.jpeg IMG_3518.jpeg

Lyusi

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2021
My knockoff Apple leather case arrived today. Quality is very good I must say. Fits well, buttons work fine, usb-c cutout is slightly off centre, but not going to be a problem at all. Didn’t expect great quality leather, and the smell confirms it. It’s pretty much the same as the cases I had for my old 13PM and 14PM. Feels nicer in hand compared to the fine woven case, which creaked that much when taking it off I thought I’d snapped something. I’ll give the leather a few weeks and see how it holds up. I might alternate between it and the fine woven to give them both an extended life before becoming bin fodder.

View attachment 2410403
View attachment 2410400 View attachment 2410402 View attachment 2410401
AliExpress?

Lyusi

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2021
No, eBay. Quite a few sellers on there. Not as cheap as Ali, but it didn’t take a month to arrive.
Oh ok. I bought 2 from Ali,arrived for 7 days. Everything is ok: apple logo,good feeling, even animation when install it...,only the buttons needs to push a little bit hard than other cases.

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
Oh ok. I bought 2 from Ali,arrived for 7 days. Everything is ok: apple logo,good feeling, even animation when install it...,only the buttons needs to push a little bit hard than other cases.
I just took mine off and put it back on, no animation.

I tried the fine woven again, it does do the animation. Didn’t see it putting the leather back on, but it was pressing the power button and waking Siri, so maybe that stopped it. Doesn’t bother me, the animation serves no purpose, other than to show you’ve put a (supposed) genuine Apple case on.

Last edited:

Chrisjaylv

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2021

View attachment 2410403
View attachment 2410400 View attachment 2410402 View attachment 2410401
Link please?

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
My Eucalyptus Caudabe Synthesis arrived yesterday and I am not that impressed.

I think it looks cheap and you can see the glue lines around the case. I also feel the case is not tight enough around the edges...I will probably sell it now..

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
My Eucalyptus Caudabe Synthesis arrived yesterday and I am not that impressed.

I think it looks cheap and you can see the glue lines around the case. I also feel the case is not tight enough around the edges...I will probably sell it now..
I don’t have that issue with mine. I can barely see the glue lines around the back of the case.

It definitely feels a little softer than the celestial blue Synthesis case that I returned. It is still a rigid case, but feels nicer in the hand than the previous version. And the buttons are much more tactile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.