Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Softer overall feel? And not that cheap a** plasticy feel? Per Brian’s Tech, new Synthesis is just as rigid as previous version and slightly looser on the sides near the buttons. Tee said a little bit looser fitting. Both said buttons are better.
IMO, it definitely feels softer than the black Synthesis case I have.
Still a rigid case, just feels nicer in the hand.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Green vs Black, who you got ?

Green with Popsocket?

gb01.jpg

pop01.jpg

Reactions: off2marz

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I just picked up an used FineWoven in black and I am very impressed. This thing feels amazing; form factor and buttons are flawless. Coming from a Spigen frosted Ultra Hybrid and everything just feels tighter.

Two big thumbs up from me and this may actually help in my ever-losing battle to not upgrade each year.

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Just contacted Caudabe Synthesis regarding the stiff volume/action buttons and they told me that I should wait a couple of weeks to see if the buttons become softer..

Why should I have to wait for buttons to be come less stiff? Surely I should be granted to a refund or exchange?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just contacted Caudabe Synthesis regarding the stiff volume/action buttons and they told me that I should wait a couple of weeks to see if the buttons become softer..

Why should I have to wait for buttons to be come less stiff? Surely I should be granted to a refund or exchange?
Just demand an exchange. Usually they will not even want the original case back and will send you a replacement out straight away.

Reactions: walds11

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
well......some of us have not paid off their 15 PM yet. (me)
if your on the 1up just return your phone onces it 50% paid and you can get the 16PM, it what im doing. i would actualy give that green synthsis a shot but its too close to iphone 16 lol

Reactions: ZebraDude

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

Caudabe said the same thing to me. The buttons only get slightly less stiff with use, they’re never going to be as good as floating buttons - it’s the nature of the beast.

Unfortunately, a replacement won’t resolve the issue either, though as others have intimated, the new green may be somewhat better. Any other color will be the same as they’ve always been (mediocre).

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
You can try to stretch out the buttons a little by poking them hard from inside and out repeatedly with the end of a pencil or similar.
Worked for me on pre-revised Sheath.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
I just picked up an used FineWoven in black and I am very impressed. This thing feels amazing; form factor and buttons are flawless. Coming from a Spigen frosted Ultra Hybrid and everything just feels tighter.

Two big thumbs up from me and this may actually help in my ever-losing battle to not upgrade each year.
on sale here from $99AUD to $37

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
I got mine on Amazon, used - like new, for $22. There was some creaking in the sides that was bugging me so I split a piece of electrical tape and put it inside each side of the case and everything now feels rock solid.
I had a free one from apple, slippery sides, back got marked easily hard to clean, bottom was sharp on pinky, cut it up to see what gives lol
Buttons and magsafe was good. Very light.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
IMG_2413.png
I have the Phone Rebel Crystal Series Gen 5, and of course it says “Non-yellowing” in the description. I’ve sent them an email just to see what they say regarding my case turning yellow 4 months after purchase. I really like this case as it’s lighter and has more customization than Caudabe’s clear case.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Shame this Benks Aurora ArmorPro is out just before the new phones as otherwise I might have got one.

Image.jpg

Hopefully they release the 16 Pro Max cases before phone launch again this year. Going to try to stick to one or two cases this year (😒). Want to see what the Sheath is like too with floating buttons, just hope they nail it straight away instead of the multi revises this gen.

Reactions: fp99 and Boris888

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Shame this Benks Aurora ArmorPro is out just before the new phones as otherwise I might have got one.

View attachment 2407480

Hopefully they release the 16 Pro Max cases before phone launch again this year. Going to try to stick to one or two cases this year (😒). Want to see what the Sheath is like too with floating buttons, just hope they nail it straight away instead of the multi revises this gen.
Does the case feel good in the hands?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.