Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Does the Caudabe Synthesis feel the same way as the Sheath? I am thinking of buying the Caudabe as a present for my sis but I was not impressed with how the Sheath felt in the hands. Felt too rough feeling!
When I got my 15 PM end of last year, I bought 3 cases : The Caudabe Synthesis, Mous Limitless 5.0, and Casetify Impact. I recently gave the Synthesis a try and its been a couple of weeks now. It's definitely a sturdy case, the buttons are nice and clicky, not too sensitive just right, love the micro dots on the sides which provide nice grip, magsafe magnets work very well, and the phone snaps in nice and tight. Almost 7ft of drop protection not bad for $42. My only gripe is I find the back a little slippery and wish they added something grippy like those micro dots or something.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Damaged three fingers a couple of weeks ago in an electric hedge trimmer accident, so have had to use my phone one handed with a MagSafe Popsocket
Works amazingly well paired with my fave Benks ArmorPro.

Thought I'd try it with my crimson Sheath thinking the rougher surface would improve one handed use more, sadly the MagSafe isn't as strong as the Benks so didn't want to risk it and went back to the ArmorPro.

When the 16 Pro Max arrives I think I'll try and stick to to just getting a Benks ArmorPro for it*. It was my first case for the 15PM and after spending around a couple of hundred quid on various others, I still go back to it.

*Unlikely, lol. But I'll try to be a bit more selective.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Wonder what that capture button will be like on new cases for the new 16 Pro/Max?
Wonder if the cases will all have an open hole or actual button there?

Last edited:

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Bought a Spigen that’s not supposed to get yellow. And less than a year, here is the result. I put a new one to compare next to it.
IMG_1917.jpeg

No return possible, I have to damage it and get a refund, according to Spigen customer service.

Attachments

• IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I feel like this will be similar to the 15 Pro cases where everyone left the action button open for a few months and then re-released versions with it covered.
The Capture button is supposed to be force sensor capable and swipe enabled. If this is the case, it will have to be open.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
the leaks are saying that all buttons will be capicitive eventually which would eliminate buttons on cases all together.

Reactions: Zensō

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Ordered the dbrand grip case last night. Want to see if I like it better than the mous limitless or the pitaka pro for protection.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
They ever release the updated one they were talking about?
Which case? 🤣 Oh, the Ghost. Not yet:

We're currently working on an all-new Ghost 2.0, expected to ship this summer. As a result, you will receive two Ghost Cases: one now, and a better version later this year (for free).

PKdeGallo

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2015
Miami, FL

There's Tee's video on the new Caudabe colors.

Caudabe also responded to the video with what changes they did for these cases:

1723564534004.png

tl;dr - The Eucalyptus case has the same fit as the 14 cases. The buttons are more tactile as well (nothing about the case getting metal buttons or anything).

Edit: Here's another video showing the cases off more and the differences in rigidity.

Reactions: walds11

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Phonrebel Red camera ring and partial button kit on the crystal. Been going through a red phase lately. Last case related purchase till the 16 pro max!

Attachments

• IMG_3813.jpeg
    IMG_3813.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3814.jpeg
    IMG_3814.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3812.jpeg
    IMG_3812.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.