Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I feel like I wanted to buy the Apple Silicon but I have heard too many negative things about the case not being worth the price and the case falling apart after a couple of months,.
I’ve had my apple silicon case since launch and it looks great! Maybe I go too easy on my cases, and I switch out cases a lot, but it looks pretty new still

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’m still using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid as my daily driver. I’ve tried switching back to my BS leather but the Spigen just excels at the basics for a great price. I’ve dropped it a couple of times and the damage to the TPU edges is minimal.

Two thumbs up; would recommend for those who can’t seem to find a perfect case.

Reactions: Surfsalot

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
It’s been almost a year, and I’ve given up on finding a perfect case. What I do now is switch out the cases I have weekly and save for the 17PM next year. This is the first year, I didn’t find a case that was perfect. Next year I might go caseless and just use screen and back protectors.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I’m still using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid as my daily driver. I’ve tried switching back to my BS leather but the Spigen just excels at the basics for a great price. I’ve dropped it a couple of times and the damage to the TPU edges is minimal.

Two thumbs up; would recommend for those who can’t seem to find a perfect case.
Does the case have loose sides?

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Does the case have loose sides?
Give it a try off amazon can always return it.
I got one for my daughters boyfriend for a present a month ago and he loves it too, he usually has lifeproof/OB and is pretty hard on cases, no issues yet.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
So for the first time ever, I am not upgrading my iPhone, but I would like to find a new case for it. I've struggled trying to find one that meets these criteria.

1. Grippy outside material (no hard shell polycarbonate)
2. No microfiber on the inside
3. MagSafe
4. Generally thin, I am using a Spigen MagArmor right now, it feels great in the hand and meets the criteria, but only comes in black and navy.

Any recommendations? I would love a clear case but they are always so slippery.

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
So for the first time ever, I am not upgrading my iPhone, but I would like to find a new case for it. I've struggled trying to find one that meets these criteria.

3. MagSafe
4. Generally thin, I am using a Spigen MagArmor right now, it feels great in the hand and meets the criteria, but only comes in black and navy.

Caudabe Sheath is nice but it has a microfiber liner…

JordanB83

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021

3. MagSafe

Rngke onyx

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013

3. MagSafe

Have you tried this Torras case?

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Anyone with a gray Caudabe Synthesis able to answer this...

Does it have the MagSafe imprint problem the Sheath did?

Sticking with my Natural Ti 15 Pro for another year, deciding between the gray or eucalyptus synthesis. Love the gray/Natural Ti combo, but intrigued by the eucalyptus too (just whether it goes as well).

Thanks

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Anyone with a gray Caudabe Synthesis able to answer this...

Does it have the MagSafe imprint problem the Sheath did?

Sticking with my Natural Ti 15 Pro for another year, deciding between the gray or eucalyptus synthesis. Love the gray/Natural Ti combo, but intrigued by the eucalyptus too (just whether it goes as well).

Thanks

No MagSafe indent at all on the back of the Synthesis as it is a hard shell on the back. Gray Synthesis ended up being my ultimate case. Great case!

• Love
Reactions: ISignedUpToAskThis

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Great to hear.

Now just to decide between Gray and Eucalyptus..

I personally would easily choose Gray over Eucalyptus. Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of green but I prefer the neutral color of the gray. After a while seeing the green on my phone would get a little old to me. I don’t get bored of the neutral gray. This is of course just my own personal opinion.

Reactions: iFone88

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
I personally would easily choose Gray over Eucalyptus. Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of green but I prefer the neutral color of the gray. After a while seeing the green on my phone would get a little old to me. I don’t get bored of the neutral gray. This is of course just my own personal opinion.
No I get it, I think I'd feel the same way. It would be a novelty for a while but gray is timeless and inoffensive. Gray it is.

Reactions: JBlass421

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
MagBak case in gray. Very soft feeling silicone, but the 'shiny' type rather than 'sticky' type like Apple's silicone case.

Excellent buttons, good fit, comfy to rest on the pinky. Slightly oddly the corners of the case are slightly more squared than the phone's corners, not really an issue but an interesting design choice. As you'd expect from the name, magnets are super strong.

For those that like customising too - MagBak sell button kits, I've attached a screen grab.
For everyone using Magbak cases, do you find the magnets actually useful? Does the car mount hold securely? And are they bulky? The don’t look bulky but I want to make sure before I order one. I hand a Caudabe Sheath now but thinking of trying the Magbak for my New Phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.