Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
All these comments about sharp edges on the Mous, plus the fact that I didn't love the case when I had it on my 12 PM, made me decide to cancel my order. Now I'm not sure where to go. Casetify seems too expensive. Seems like the next best option would either be the Benks Armor Pro or the Pitaka MagEZ Pro, but honestly I'm not super impressed with Benks and I read some people found the seam between the kevlar and the front part of the case on the Pitaka was sharp too. Gah, I just don't know which case would work best.
Apple Sillicone?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
The Mous has always had a sharp edge feel in the hand, which does not bother me at all. The sharpness I'm talking about is on the inside edge that goes around the phones display. I already took my phone out of the Mous case and there was no damage to the finish on my phone, thank god. The Mous is a fine case if you can handle fingerprints on the aramid version or the rough feel in the hand. I always loved the Bamboo version.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Okay, Mous Aramid Fiber with the 15 Pro Max in it. I love the looks of this case but the fingerprint/smudge/grease marks on the back are a total bummer for me. Also the inside lip that goes around the phones display is VERY SHARP (JerryRig Blade Sharp) and I'm worried that this will scratch the delicate finish of my black titanium after removing and installing it a few times. I'll be jumping back into my good ole Symmetry case ASAP ;)

Here are a couple quick pics:

View attachment 2281556 View attachment 2281559 View attachment 2281560 View attachment 2281561 View attachment 2281563 View attachment 2281567 View attachment 2281569 View attachment 2281574 View attachment 2281580 View attachment 2281581
The Mous cases for me have always been terrible. Slippery, sharp, & finger print magnets. I tried several different styles including the leather and they all went back immediately. The prices they charge now are insane compared to 2019.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I wasn't going to get a 15 series, but I decided the heft of my 14PM was just too much. Went with a 15 Pro in blue. Using the Apple clear case for now, but I did order this because I think it will look good with the blue phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-26 101837.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-26 101837.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 88

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Can anybody please tell me if the Apple Silicone case is improved this year? I am thinking of buying it and using it whilst better cases start to get released in October like the Dbrand Ghost etc..

The Mous case just feels too rough in my hands.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I didn’t realize Mous cases were so uncomfortable to hold. Must be after reading the last couple of pages.

I got the leather and carbon fiber delivered yesterday but no phone just yet (15 PM).

The case itself felt fine to me. Maybe it’s different with the phone inside. Anxious to see! Got them from Amazon so should be easy returns.

Maybe I need to go back to old faithful, Defender Pro.

Also considering DBrand Ghost and Caudabe. That Gripmunk has my attention as well.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I keep going back to Clay Silicone. I just can’t get over the combo. It is so sweet with Natural Titanium.

66757d2004be2abde37d484356283e3e.jpg
How does the Sillicone feel in the hand? I have heard a lot of bad things about the Apple Sillicone case, and how its not worth the money, it falls apart easily etc...

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
Damn, this looks good! I’m in case limbo as I just can’t decide but this (or the cypress green) may be the one…

Has anyone got the cypress green on a natural titanium they’d share pics of pls?

ro5

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2023
anyone have experience with cases that redirect speaker rounds to the front like this one?

i often cup my hand around the bottom speakers to hear the sound better - it does enhance the volume of the sound. having a case that does this for you seems intriguing.

my criteria for a case is now:
- very strong magsafe
- lens cover panel (preferably sliding)
- forward sound redirection

i don't know if a perfect case exists for me... if anyone has any leads please let me know!

thanks

Attachments

• 71owCyEBneL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    71owCyEBneL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 77

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Very light and soft.

Apple will replace it under warranty if they start falling part.
I have just ordered the case in the same colour. Was going to go for Black, but figured that fingerprints would show up more?
Hopefully I like it until I can find a better case in the next couple of months...

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
anyone have experience with cases that redirect speaker rounds to the front like this one?

i often cup my hand around the bottom speakers to hear the sound better - it does enhance the volume of the sound. having a case that does this for you seems intriguing.

my criteria for a case is now:
- very strong magsafe
- lens cover panel (preferably sliding)
- forward sound redirection

i don't know if a perfect case exists for me... if anyone has any leads please let me know!

thanks
That is a nice case, but the clear version, has, in the past, turned blue from jeans, will yellow as most all clear cases do, etc. I would wait until their black/frosted ones are available (I didn't see them on Amazon yet but that was last week when I looked).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.