Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
The Black silicone Apple case is £39 on Amazon, £10 cheaper than the Apple store. Is this legit? Why is Amazon selling it £10 cheaper?
I know people have complained about Amazon having a lot of fakes, is it safe to buy it from Amazon?
Completely safe

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to post my Native Union case for the 15 Pro Max. I wanted something bold this year and changed from normal Caudabe to Native Union and super happy I did. Awesome looking case and it feels amazing. I love Caudabe cases but they can be dull.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
After a day, the Nomad leather case is a bit thick for me. Nice and all, though.

Ordered a Pitaka MagEZ 4, Torras slim fit, and Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit. We’ll see which plasticky case sucks less.
Update to this post. Again, I returned my Nomad case (after a $5 restocking fee and $10 for return shipping, ouch) because it was much thicker than I expected, though the rubber and leather combo worked quite well stylistically and functionally.

The Torras OriginFit was fine, a bit flimsy, but fit well and looks decent. I worry that this case wouldn't protect well in a drop, or if it did, an edge would crack upon impact. Buttons feel premium and the Action button has a little divot for easy locating. MagSafe magnet isn't as strong as expected, definitely not as much as the Apple cases.

The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit is a very nice case, moreso than expected. While I'm not a huge fan of clear cases, I could definitely see myself using this case as my primary. Buttons are plenty clicky, not too mushy because of the case overlay buttons. Definitely would protect your phone from a fall. MagSafe is pretty strong, nearly on-par with Apple's cases.

The Pitaka MagEZ 4 is the slimmest and most premium-feeling of the bunch, and though the matte carbon/Aramid fiber is wonderful to hold, it collects fingerprints like crazy (which appear white-ish at first). Super thin and I worry a bit (similar to the Torras) that my phone wouldn't be entirely protected in the event of a drop. I like the cutouts for the buttons and charging ports, though again one wonders about protection. When face-down on a surface, the glass screen protector I have on the phone is nearly up against the surface - that is to say, the case lip is very small. On the other side, when face-up, the cameras are well-protected by a larger plastic surround (larger lip vs the front side).

Style wins here for me, especially since AC+ repair costs are $29 for front/back glass. I'll probably keep the Pitaka MagEZ 4 unless the fingerprint thing bothers me too much.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Okay, Mous Aramid Fiber with the 15 Pro Max in it. I love the looks of this case but the fingerprint/smudge/grease marks on the back are a total bummer for me. Also the inside lip that goes around the phones display is VERY SHARP (JerryRig Blade Sharp) and I'm worried that this will scratch the delicate finish of my black titanium after removing and installing it a few times. I'll be jumping back into my good ole Symmetry case ASAP ;)

Here are a couple quick pics:

mf01.jpg
mf02.jpg
mf03.jpg
mf04.jpg
mf05.jpg
mf07.jpg
mf08.jpg
mf09.jpg
mf10.jpg
mf11.jpg

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
View attachment 2281533 View attachment 2281534
View attachment 2281535
View attachment 2281536
I’ve been meaning to post my Native Union case for the 15 Pro Max. I wanted something bold this year and changed from normal Caudabe to Native Union and super happy I did. Awesome looking case and it feels amazing. I love Caudabe cases but they can be dull.
I'd buy that case in a heart beat if it didn't have the company text across the back of it. A small logo, sure, but not that. A shame.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Got the (Re) Classic case and a magsafe wallet from Native Union. I really like the material, texture, and the aesthetics. My only complaint is that the magsafe doesn’t feel very strong. Tried to attach the wallet to apple’s silicone case and it’s much more firmly secured than with the case from Native Union themselves.
View attachment 2281594
Weird. I don't have this issue with my Native Union yellow case. Magnets are super strong

Reactions: Mr.C

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Yikes I hope this is just a glitch and they don’t ship me an Amethyst sheath, if they do, caudabe will forever lose me as a customer 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 97

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I'd buy that case in a heart beat if it didn't have the company text across the back of it. A small logo, sure, but not that. A shame.
I get it. It's not for everyone. I personally don't mind depending on the type of logo it is. I don't mind the Native Union logo. To each his own 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mr.C

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
So harsh!
Knowing them they would just have you keep it and they would send the correct one at no cost.
You're right, I reacted too quick, I wouldn't be able to shun them forever for making a mistake 😂
I'm sure they wouldn't make me send it back and would just correct their mistake free of charge! Caudabe does seem like the kind of company to do the right thing.

Who knows, maybe the Amethyst would look good on the white 15 PM.. Just not really my style.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The Black silicone Apple case is £39 on Amazon, £10 cheaper than the Apple store. Is this legit? Why is Amazon selling it £10 cheaper?
I know people have complained about Amazon having a lot of fakes, is it safe to buy it from Amazon?
Amazon often discount the official Apple cases and it’s quite normal. As long as you’re buying directly from them and not a market place seller you should be fine.

Reactions: AnthroMatt

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
View attachment 2281533 View attachment 2281534
View attachment 2281535
View attachment 2281536
I’m so tempted by this. It’s been on my list a few days. The side buttons tho look a little off centre or is that just me?

Reactions: LLL1424

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
All these comments about sharp edges on the Mous, plus the fact that I didn't love the case when I had it on my 12 PM, made me decide to cancel my order. Now I'm not sure where to go. Casetify seems too expensive. Seems like the next best option would either be the Benks Armor Pro or the Pitaka MagEZ Pro, but honestly I'm not super impressed with Benks and I read some people found the seam between the kevlar and the front part of the case on the Pitaka was sharp too. Gah, I just don't know which case would work best.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
All these comments about sharp edges on the Mous, plus the fact that I didn't love the case when I had it on my 12 PM, made me decide to cancel my order. Now I'm not sure where to go. Casetify seems too expensive. Seems like the next best option would either be the Benks Armor Pro or the Pitaka MagEZ Pro, but honestly I'm not super impressed with Benks and I read some people found the seam between the kevlar and the front part of the case on the Pitaka was sharp too. Gah, I just don't know which case would work best.
I’m with you!

What did you not like about the Mous on the 12 PM (I hope I didn’t already ask that)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.