Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
i am thinking of getting mous as well , for the buttons loose as in it rattles ? i had that issue on my iphone 14 pro max . guess its still not fix ?
They're physically loose - can wiggle them slightly without pressing them. Doesn't affect usage but feels cheap. For a $70 case, I expect firm buttons with no give.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
They're physically loose - can wiggle them slightly without pressing them. Doesn't affect usage but feels cheap. For a $70 case, I expect firm buttons with no give.
yeah their price has been going up like crazy( artic blue is even crazier ) .

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Isn’t that just how floating buttons are? Or do other cases with floating buttons not have that issue?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Just ordered the Torras Magnetic Guardian:

Still waiting on the Sheath and Ghost, and have been using a Gripmunk in the meantime, but the gap in the bottom USB-C cutout of the Gripmunk is driving me crazy haha.

The Torras one looks pretty good from what I can tell. Ordered the black version for my natural titanium 15PM. Would've loved to get the gray version, but I hate that they went with a white circle for MagSafe instead of just matching it to the rest of the case.
I like this case and was about to buy it, but I had to tell myself no more cases. 3 is enough this year 😔

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I did have the Sheath on the 14 Pro and it's absolutely a very good case. To be honest I still found it to be thicker than I would like, but perhaps that's the limit of how thin a case can get while still providing drop protection.

I would have gone with the Phone Rebel case with the exposed sides but Reddit is full of posts from people whose PR cases completely fell apart on them through regular use. Lots of stories like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoneRebelCases/comments/15tp6q1 .
I had the Phone Rebel case with the exposed sides and the rubber part on one side came apart from the case.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Well, just submitted my order for the grey sheath with the cutout for the action button. Never heard back on whether you could mix and match and get a different case/color when the version with the button comes out, but submitted my order for a sheath anyways 🤷🏻‍♀️ some things never change lol. Will probably mix in use with the Apple silicone I have, since I’m really enjoying it.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
View attachment 2281061

View attachment 2281064 View attachment 2281065 View attachment 2281066 View attachment 2281067 View attachment 2281068

Bullstrap - Dune Leather

My favorite case.
  • The leather feels great to hold and smells incredible. The shading and texture of the grain at different angles is beautiful - hard to capture in pictures
  • Buttons feel exactly like the old leather cases from Apple
  • It is so close in design to the old taupe leather case for the X
    • buttons are thin and dark and don’t extend very far past the leather
    • the bottom opening is identical in every way to the Apple case
View attachment 2281069 View attachment 2281070

Mous - Walnut
  • I use this the most
    • Top Comfort. The raised concave edges feel best when pressed into the palm
    • Easiest to hold. The rounded edges+corners & raised screen lip top & bottom add a lot to hold on to and wrap your fingers around
    • Feels more protected - thicker and more substantial along with the raised edges extending highest above the screen protector
      • the border around the cameras is raised on all sides
View attachment 2281076 View attachment 2281078

Pitaka
  • Outstanding build quality and premium material feel - smooth soft almost velvety
  • Sharper edges than the others despite the chamfering - making it less comfortable to hold
  • Might return this and wait for limited designs of the MagEZ non-pro and/or updated buttons if I miss it
View attachment 2281080 View attachment 2281081 View attachment 2281082
View attachment 2281089
Caudabe Sheath
  • The Sheath is flawless
    • Tight thin fit, excellent material touch, very grippy, strong magnets, rounded edges are comfortable to hold
    • Cutout for the action button is actually a usable alternative
    • Speaker cutout is just fine on mine
    • Would recommend this without hesitation
View attachment 2281104

FineWoven

Just keeping this around to compare
  • I dislike this case the more I use it
  • It’s brand new but looks dingy in pictures - and will be worse with wear
  • The frame is slippery and it feels like it has zero drop protection
  • Great anxiety when taking this to Starbucks and eating Italian food for dinner
Don't you find the Mous case sharp around the edges which makes it uncomfortable to hold? I have the Speckled Fabric design, so maybe the other designs don't feel like this?

Reactions: AnthroMatt

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Well, just submitted my order for the grey sheath with the cutout for the action button. Never heard back on whether you could mix and match and get a different case/color when the version with the button comes out, but submitted my order for a sheath anyways 🤷🏻‍♀️ some things never change lol. Will probably mix in use with the Apple silicone I have, since I’m really enjoying it.
How has the silicone been with getting in and out of a pocket? Never really tried the silicone as I’ve always gone with the leather.

Reactions: Djones96

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
View attachment 2281061

View attachment 2281064 View attachment 2281065 View attachment 2281066 View attachment 2281067 View attachment 2281068

Bullstrap - Dune Leather

My favorite case.
  • The leather feels great to hold and smells incredible. The shading and texture of the grain at different angles is beautiful - hard to capture in pictures
  • Buttons feel exactly like the old leather cases from Apple
  • It is so close in design to the old taupe leather case for the X
    • buttons are thin and dark and don’t extend very far past the leather
    • the bottom opening is identical in every way to the Apple case
View attachment 2281069 View attachment 2281070

Mous - Walnut
  • I use this the most
    • Top Comfort. The raised concave edges feel best when pressed into the palm
    • Easiest to hold. The rounded edges+corners & raised screen lip top & bottom add a lot to hold on to and wrap your fingers around
    • Feels more protected - thicker and more substantial along with the raised edges extending highest above the screen protector
      • the border around the cameras is raised on all sides
View attachment 2281076 View attachment 2281078

Pitaka
  • Outstanding build quality and premium material feel - smooth soft almost velvety
  • Sharper edges than the others despite the chamfering - making it less comfortable to hold
  • Might return this and wait for limited designs of the MagEZ non-pro and/or updated buttons if I miss it
View attachment 2281080 View attachment 2281081 View attachment 2281082
View attachment 2281089
Caudabe Sheath
  • The Sheath is flawless
    • Tight thin fit, excellent material touch, very grippy, strong magnets, rounded edges are comfortable to hold
    • Cutout for the action button is actually a usable alternative
    • Speaker cutout is just fine on mine
    • Would recommend this without hesitation
View attachment 2281104

FineWoven

Just keeping this around to compare
  • I dislike this case the more I use it
  • It’s brand new but looks dingy in pictures - and will be worse with wear
  • The frame is slippery and it feels like it has zero drop protection
  • Great anxiety when taking this to Starbucks and eating Italian food for dinner
How does the Bullstrap and Caudabe compare in terms of comfort on the pinky when holding?

Close to ordering a Bullstrap.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
How has the silicone been with getting in and out of a pocket? Never really tried the silicone as I’ve always gone with the leather.
I haven’t had any problems with it. I always see people complaining about it, but I haven’t run into it. Your mileage may vary, but I think a lot of the complaints about the Apple silicone are completely blown over.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
What's the difference between the Sheath and the Synthesis?

Reactions: Djones96

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
Don't you find the Mous case sharp around the edges which makes it uncomfortable to hold? I have the Speckled Fabric design, so maybe the other designs don't feel like this?
I complained about this when I first posted about the cases before the phone arrived. It’s the edge where the wood meets the TPU. In real usage, that part never hits my hand and my pointer finger actually uses that material transition edge as an anchor point.

The sharper corner / edges in the Pitaka actually bother me more with the weight of the phone than that little scratchy edge in the back of the Mous.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I complained about this when I first posted about the cases before the phone arrived. It’s the edge where the wood meets the TPU. In real usage, that part never hits my hand and my pointer finger actually uses that material transition edge as an anchor point.

The sharper corner / edges in the Pitaka actually bother me more with the weight of the phone than that little scratchy edge in the back of the Mous.
Maybe I need to get used to the Mous case and the feel will get better overtime? It's my pinky finger that hurts after a while holding the phone, perhaps I don't hold my iPhone the bets way?

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
How does the Bullstrap and Caudabe compare in terms of comfort on the pinky when holding?

Close to ordering a Bullstrap.

They’re totally different cases. If I had to choose only one I’d get the Bullstrap.

The bottom edge of the Bullstrap is naked so it’s just the titanium along with the back edge of the case which isn’t bothersome at all. The leather is thick and supple so it’s a much softer all around case to handle - even the camera surround is leather - no hard points. I’d give the edge to Bullstrap in total comfort.

In contrast the Caudabe is thin and so tight around the case that it doesn’t have any soft spots. The edges are rounded so it’s more comfy than the Pitaka, but less so than the Mous with it’s raised and more bulbous rounded edges/corners. Keeping this for hiking, gym, cycling, working on the car, yardwork - all the dirty sweaty things.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Two clear cases arrived, thoughts:

This one is good, has the soft TPU frame and hard back. This is superior to the fully hard plastic clear cases like Apple’s and snap-on style cases since those hard frames leave imprints in the metal antenna over time.

The magnet is average, about similar to Apple’s. I always found the brand ESR’s magnets too strong, so this one is fine to me.

Not too thick, not slim.

This one is better. Same materials overall, but slimmer and slightly stronger magnet. I’m keeping this one. Will compare to Spigen when that arrives.
After these two, my Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case arrived. I still prefer the Ringke, so I’ll return the Spigen. Ringke is the thinnest and otherwise these were all good materials/magnets.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Does the Apple silicone case feel nice in the hand compared to the Mous? Thinking of getting the Apple Silicone and using it till I find a decent case.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Celestial Blue Caudabe Synthesis on Blue iPhone

I love the pairing and the Synthesis feels great in hand this year, I wasn’t sure about it when I first received it without the phone in it but once I slapped on the phone I instantly loved it.

I used to be all about the Sheath but loved the Synthesis last year with the new grips on the sides and this year I remain Team Synthesis lol

Can’t wait for the free revised action button version

c419f7a7ac6e2cbae1192d10535a6cb0.jpg

c3f9deb2402130598da4a3acc6ba8739.jpg

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Does the Apple silicone case feel nice in the hand compared to the Mous? Thinking of getting the Apple Silicone and using it till I find a decent case.
Have never used the mous, so can’t speak on that, but in my opinion the Apple silicone has very nice grip.

UcanTry

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
Got these as well.

LONLI Edition - (for iPhone 15 Pro Max) - Premium European Genuine Leather Phone Case - Develop Patina Over Time - Compatible with Magsafe - Brown
Zoof Genuine Leather Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max (6.7 inch) Top Litchi Grain Leather Magnetic Phone Case- Compatible with Magsafe - Red

Really great quality on both, but particularly enjoying the LONLI. The case feels like the leather did on the 12/13 cases or whenever it was that Apple very clearly changed the leather from one generation to the other. It’s a very nice feel in the hand, not at all slippery. And I guess that’s what she said, tbh. Great cases both tho.

IMG-1688.jpg

IMG-1689.jpg

IMG-1690.jpg

IMG-1693.jpg

IMG-1694.jpg
I have the black lonli like the tan you posted here in the 2nd set of photos and love it. Extremely close to the past apple leather.

They are OOS but when they are available I’m ordering another.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
They have changed the camera cut out for 15 Pro otherwise i would have ordered it myself.
Fix the port cut outs and Unfix the camera cutout lol

What did they change for the 15 pro camera cut out? I didn’t notice any changes vs. the one I have for my 14 pro. There is no bottom on it for MagSafe, unless you mean something else?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
View attachment 2281011

They got rid of the bottom lip.

Camera protector. They were temporarily out of stock on Amazon. Will check again lol.
It’s been like that since the 14 pro version. To allow it to not interfere with MagSafe accessories. A few other brands do that too, I know Speck does it also. I’m not a fan of it either tho. Put the damn bottom back!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.