Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I have the limitless 5 for my 15pm and it looks, feels and fits great. I have the speckled fabric one and have zero issues. All the buttons click when they’re suppose to too. I’m very impressed with it.
I got the case today and I may return it

I find the edges too sharp and it hurts my fingers. Am I the only one experiencing it?
It seems that it's hard to find the perfect case these days!

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
The buttons. Have they done any damage to your device?
None at all. They’re flush and the case has very tight tolerances meaning the buttons don’t wiggle or slide around. I don’t see how it’s possible the buttons would cause any damage to the phone buttons. Like everyone else I did have concerns but after playing with the case I’m personally convinced it won’t caught any issues. I may still put stickers on the inside just to be completely safe but I don’t think it’ll really be necessary.

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
I got the case today and I may return it

I find the edges too sharp and it hurts my fingers. Am I the only one experiencing it?
It seems that it's hard to find the perfect case these days!
I also find the edges pretty sharp. It doesn't hurt my fingers, but it is definitely more cumbersome than other cases I have used in the past. I am thinking of returning it and sticking with the Benks Armorpro.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I also find the edges pretty sharp. It doesn't hurt my fingers, but it is definitely more cumbersome than other cases I have used in the past. I am thinking of returning it and sticking with the Benks Armorpro.
Please can you post a link to the Armor Pro. Will look into getting this....can you get it from Amazon UK? I know if you order from Benks website, it will take a 1 week or to arrive and I don't think I can cope with this case for 1 week.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
The top left corner of my Benks Armor Air doesn’t sit flush with the phone, so I’m requesting a refund. After having it on my phone for the last few days, it does feel nice in the hand but this really provides no protection at all. Also the edges on the front are too sharp, not rounded at all.

This is my least favorite part of new iPhones, doing the case dance to find one that is protective but not too thick or heavy and doesn’t look like total garbage. I would prefer to go caseless but with a young child and a rambunctious dog that seems ill-advised, even with AppleCare.

What do we feel is a decently protective while still thin case? For reference, I had a Mous Limitless 4.0 on my 12 Pro Max and that felt too thick.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
The top left corner of my Benks Armor Air doesn’t sit flush with the phone, so I’m requesting a refund. After having it on my phone for the last few days, it does feel nice in the hand but this really provides no protection at all. Also the edges on the front are too sharp, not rounded at all.

This is my least favorite part of new iPhones, doing the case dance to find one that is protective but not too thick or heavy and doesn’t look like total garbage. I would prefer to go caseless but with a young child and a rambunctious dog that seems ill-advised, even with AppleCare.

What do we feel is a decently protective while still thin case? For reference, I had a Mous Limitless 4.0 on my 12 Pro Max and that felt too thick.
Depends on how thin you're talking. I'd look into the Caudabe Sheath if you're looking for a relatively thin but still protective case.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017

Tell me about it! It seems so hard to find the perfect case these days.

Reactions: Supermallet

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Depends on how thin you're talking. I'd look into the Caudabe Sheath if you're looking for a relatively thin but still protective case.
I did have the Sheath on the 14 Pro and it's absolutely a very good case. To be honest I still found it to be thicker than I would like, but perhaps that's the limit of how thin a case can get while still providing drop protection.

I would have gone with the Phone Rebel case with the exposed sides but Reddit is full of posts from people whose PR cases completely fell apart on them through regular use. Lots of stories like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoneRebelCases/comments/15tp6q1 .

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I did have the Sheath on the 14 Pro and it's absolutely a very good case. To be honest I still found it to be thicker than I would like, but perhaps that's the limit of how thing a case can get while still providing drop protection.

I would have gone with the Phone Rebel case with the exposed sides but Reddit is full of posts from people whose PR cases completely fell apart on them through regular use.
Cases are hard to come by this year, at least for me they are. My 15 PM currently lives in the Apple Silicone, and it's not too bad. I am wondering if I'd like it more than the Caudabe Sheath. I had one on my 14, and I agree, it isn't the thinnest, I don't need a lot of drop protection as I baby my phone, so right now I'm either keeping the silicone for when I go out, and running the phone naked when I'm at home, or getting the Sheath and using it full time.

Reactions: AE14

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
IMG_0013.jpeg
Just received this Spigen Thin Fit in the color Gunmetal and absolutely LOVE it. It’s extremely thin and lightweight, but with grip. I’ll be returning my other cases.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Does anyone know if Caudabe has started shipping the gray Sheath yet? When I originally placed my order the website said they would start shipping on 9/25.

leviathan1

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Does anybody have any pics of the Mous Limitless 5.0 in the aramid fiber on the iphone 15 pro? Also, I am curious to hear how people who have this case feel about it. Thanks!

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Cases are hard to come by this year, at least for me they are. My 15 PM currently lives in the Apple Silicone, and it's not too bad. I am wondering if I'd like it more than the Caudabe Sheath. I had one on my 14, and I agree, it isn't the thinnest, I don't need a lot of drop protection as I baby my phone, so right now I'm either keeping the silicone for when I go out, and running the phone naked when I'm at home, or getting the Sheath and using it full time.
How is the Apple Silicone case? I hear that it gathers dust/lint easily.. I might consider it as I don't like the Mous Limitless Speckled Fabric at all..

Reactions: Djones96

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Does anybody have any pics of the Mous Limitless 5.0 in the aramid fiber on the iphone 15 pro? Also, I am curious to hear how people who have this case feel about it. Thanks!
I have the Speckled Fabric and I find the edges too sharp to the point my fingers hurt and it's uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. It may just be me though!

Reactions: leviathan1

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Been rolling since Friday like this. Black Otterbox Symmetry with MagSafe (Fantastic Case), the back is slippery but everything else is perfect. This case is slim, thin and feels great in the hand.
No butt plug or metal camera protector thingy but do have them on deck and ready to go.
Spigen GlasTR screen protector installed the second I peeled off the factory screen covering.
Waiting on my RealTree version so I can get those traffic cone orange buttons for my case. Here are a couple pics:

View attachment 2280494 View attachment 2280495 View attachment 2280497 View attachment 2280501 View attachment 2280503 View attachment 2280505
is the magsafe strong?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
They have changed the camera cut out for 15 Pro otherwise i would have ordered it myself.

Fix the port cut outs and Unfix the camera cutout lol.

Reactions: leviathan1

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
They have changed the camera cut out for 15 Pro otherwise i would have ordered it myself.

Fix the port cut outs and Unfix the camera cutout lol.

What did they do to the camera cutout on the 15 Pro?

You put on your Ringke metal camera thingy yet?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Well, I decided to stop torturing myself with paralysis by analysis and ordered a Mous. Maybe the improvements they made going from 4 to 5 will make me like it more. It's certainly protective enough and I definitely like the tapered edges for swiping.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
How is the Apple Silicone case? I hear that it gathers dust/lint easily.. I might consider it as I don't like the Mous Limitless Speckled Fabric at all..
I actually like it quite a bit. I had knockoff versions from AliExpress for my 14, and those collected dust/lint like crazy. This one is directly from Apple and it doesn’t collect nearly as much as the knockoffs did. I did unbox it and started using it a couple of days ago, so maybe eventually it’ll wear, but for now I like it quite a bit!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.