Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
So I'm thinking about returning my Mous Limitless, the Apple Clear I bought, and the Synthesis.

I've either been using caseless or with the Sheath if I need something.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
So I'm thinking about returning my Mous Limitless, the Apple Clear I bought, and the Synthesis.

I've either been using caseless or with the Sheath if I need something.
The Limitless and Synthesis are both on my radar.

What didn’t you like about them?

harshw

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
Pre-ordered the Fine Woven cases along with a 15 and 15 Pro Max. Luckily - took a look at the cases before picking them up inside the store and decided 'NO' - the SO was of the same opinion. Weird feeling - like slippery but dry.

The Apple store employee who handed us our phones did his best to convince us the cases were good. 'Give them a chance, take them home and you'll like them' he said but we cancelled the FW orders. He then tried to fear monger us into buying the cases by saying 'you don't know what will happen to the phone while you're deciding other cases' - we laughed at him and walked out

Went home, got some Mujjo cases in Burgundy and Monaco Blue for 15 and 15 Pro Max - and they have been fine. Was worried about the Mujjo buttons not aligning but honestly the Mujjo feels far closer to the Apple leather cases than the FW ones.

Might consider a Nomad leather case down the road, but for now happy with the Mujjo

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Picked up a Pacific Blue FineWoven case to go with my natural titanium 15PM. Due to the negative reviews of this I went to an Apple Store to look at this before buying. I’ve used this for 3 days now and I like it a lot.

I prefer to use clear cases so I will be ordering a Dbrand Ghost case soon. So I will likely switch between the FW and the dbrand case.

For my GF, I got her the pink Otterbox Lumen for her blue titanium 15PM.

brobert99

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
I've ended up with a Pitaka case for my 15PM. I also have a Torras MagSafe thin shell which is nice enough, but feels a little cheap (because it is). I had a FineWoven case which I initially quite liked (and posted positive things about earlier in this thread!), but once I actually fitted it to the phone it added too much bulk, which given the durability concerns made it hard to justify (I'll take bulk if it means lasting protection!).

In the end I took the FineWoven back to Apple and spent the money on a Pitaka. It's not going to offer much in terms of drop protection, but it looks and feels great, and the MagSafe performance is excellent.
Which pitaka did you go for? Would you mind sharing some pics of it?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I bought 6 cases and ended up keeping 2 Apple Silicone and the Torras thin case. Love the Torras but it feels a little slippery in the hand.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Anyone with the decoded case know if the metal rim around the camera chips? That’s one off the main problems I had with the andar aspen.
Here is my decoded case from my 13 pro after almost 2 years of usage. I've dropped this phone, accidentally scraped it on countertops, etc and it still looks near perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 166

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Just ordered the Torras Magnetic Guardian:

Still waiting on the Sheath and Ghost, and have been using a Gripmunk in the meantime, but the gap in the bottom USB-C cutout of the Gripmunk is driving me crazy haha.

The Torras one looks pretty good from what I can tell. Ordered the black version for my natural titanium 15PM. Would've loved to get the gray version, but I hate that they went with a white circle for MagSafe instead of just matching it to the rest of the case.

kguay

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2012
I sent mine back today, firstly it was so hard to take off the phone, plus I didn't like those protruding buttons either.
Settled on the Apple clay silicon case for the time being.

Cheers all
I got a Mujjo too, and had the same concern about the buttons sticking out too far and was thinking about returning it. However, I just spent a few minutes pressing them in without the phone in the case and it seems to have helped quite a bit. Going to give it a shot as I don't see a great alternative.

mosf

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Clear cases are a dime a dozen, but I’ve always had great luck with elago, so got theirs this year. Waiting on a Taupe FineWoven that arrives Tuesday but I think I’ll end up returning it. My friend who works at the Apple Store showed me some pictures of an out of the box Taupe and it was 5x darker than on the picture, and the material looked too cloth-like for my taste. Will see in person if it changes.

View attachment 2266576
Does the elago clear case feel bulky?

I had an elago silicone case for my iPhone 12 and I loved it - high quality, slim profile. I bought the elago silicone MagSafe case for iPhone 15 Pro and it feels rather bulky...

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yea, I got my phone just fine. I'm broke as a Church Mouse and trying not to go too crazy with cases this year.
I only have a couple so far and a few more on my radar.
I will post some pictures of the ones I have and a few more that I'm thinking about getting.
Sorry......
No worries brother. Was just looking to see what you had in your arsenal.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Been rolling since Friday like this. Black Otterbox Symmetry with MagSafe (Fantastic Case), the back is slippery but everything else is perfect. This case is slim, thin and feels great in the hand.
No butt plug or metal camera protector thingy but do have them on deck and ready to go.
Spigen GlasTR screen protector installed the second I peeled off the factory screen covering.
Waiting on my RealTree version so I can get those traffic cone orange buttons for my case. Here are a couple pics:

View attachment 2280494 View attachment 2280495 View attachment 2280497 View attachment 2280501 View attachment 2280503 View attachment 2280505

I always love that case. Nice man!

Reactions: Hooterville

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Highly recommended -
Meifigno Magic Mag case from Amazon. The case is 10 dollars, it’s one of the best feeling and best quality cases I’ve tried!
It’s got a nice soft touch feel very similar to Apple Silicone but not grippy but much smoother. Fits very snug and metal buttons are very responsive (button for action button too). MagSafe magnet is nice and strong and got a nice matte minimalistic look.

I also bought a fine woven case but there’s no way that case is worth 60 dollars. Returning it

You sold me on this case - getting the white 15Pro so I went with the grey version. Also have the Ringke Fusion Matte Clear. The Dbrand Ghost is on order and I'm trying to decide between the Storm Blue or Clay Apple Silicone while I wait for the Product Red version which is typically my primary case. I am trying to be pickier with my case purchases this year as I always tend to collect a drawer full that I never use.

Last edited:

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
orange sorbet silicon to hold me over for dbrand or caudabe. Trying to not go case crazy this year.

Attachments

• B256804A-1AA0-406C-AA46-8D557F55C41A.jpeg
    B256804A-1AA0-406C-AA46-8D557F55C41A.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.