Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
I have the clay right now for my white titanium. I quite like it, but you’re right, it does collect quite a bit of lint/dust. Which case you liking this year?
If you’ve got the white titanium, I’d go with the dbrand ghost. Had I known about that case before I picked out my phone, I would’ve definitely went with the white titanium. Feel like it’ll make a cool combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djones96

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
I got the Benks armor pro, I loved it last year for the 14 pro and this version is nice but it’s a little thicker than I would’ve liked but still a solid case.

I am going to get the Caudabe Sheath when it releases with the action button though.
I’ve got both of these. The sheaths definitely thinner.

Reactions: Ta0jin

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Does your camera seem pretty protected in the Benks?

Doesn’t seem like the Mous protects the camera all that well (3 sides).

Edit: so maybe the 15 Pro Max has 4 edges raised for camera protection, but the 15 Pro one only has 3?
Can’t speak for the mous but the Benks is definitely a brick. Nice sizeable lip on the front to protect the screen. A little less of a lip around the camera but still some clearance, and the metal border seems solid. I do wish there was maybe some microfiber or something on the inner lining to cushion the phone. That said, I feel pretty comfortable with it on my phone. Definitely think it could withstand a drop or two.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Finally got some pics of my Decoded Navy leather, in my NT pro. Love this combo.

Highly recommend these cases. Quality leather and fit.

Ignore the dust. I couldn’t be bothered to wipe it 😄

IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3209.jpeg
IMG_3210.jpeg
IMG_3211.jpeg

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
If you’ve got the white titanium, I’d go with the dbrand ghost. Had I known about that case before I picked out my phone, I would’ve definitely went with the white titanium. Feel like it’ll make a cool combo.
Thank you for the recommendation! For me and my personal taste, I don’t think the dbrand ghost looks go whatsoever. Looks are subjective though, so if you think it looks good, I have no problem with that!

Reactions: iFone88

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Thank you for the recommendation! For me and my personal taste, I don’t think the dbrand ghost looks go whatsoever. Looks are subjective though, so if you think it looks good, I have no problem with that!
Just had a look. It's a very busy looking case; would look okay with the black phone, that's it IMO

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Just had a look. It's a very busy looking case; would look okay with the black phone, that's it IMO
Definitely agree. Everyone has different taste, but I personally would not put that on my phone. Too much going on to the point that it’s a little overwhelming to look at, and I’m just not the biggest fan of visible MagSafe rings.

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
I bought the Memumi Aramid case for my 15 pro max.

It's a nice case. Well made. Smooth edges. Slight lip around same height as screen protector. Lip curls over the frame a little so it is not sharp. Like all aramid, it does show finger prints a bit. It's also matt and grippy which is nice. Looks great. Minimal protection, but if you just want the feel of a near naked phone with scratch protection, this is a great option. Thin enough that my mag safe charger still grips it, but I'd not trust it on a car mount or something like that.

IMG_2136.jpeg IMG_2137.jpeg IMG_2138.jpeg

Reactions: Teach8870

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
No issues with mine. First install wound up perfect. A couple very small bubbles but was able to work them out with the provided tool. I applied the protector the moment I peeled the white sticker off the phone.

Maybe they had a bad batch go out?
launch day glas.tr install and I have an edge that just won’t stick constant little bubble. It was also slightly off in the install tray for me the protector is slightly skewed to a side but might be user error.

Last edited:

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I'm using a Vaja case. Very well made, in high quality 'floater' leather and the colour is 'Tobacco'. Phone is natural.

Great feel, texture and natural patina. The case protects all the key areas, including camera protrusion, and leaves the buttons easily accessible.
They make great cases. Do you think it is as thin as the Apple leather cases?

roman59

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
The Mujjo arrived early but I have a few issues with it and will be sending it back. The buttons stick out way too far and their edges are so sharp. There also seems to be an issue with the speaker cutout. Overall it’s a nice feeling case but it’s going back for now.
I sent mine back today, firstly it was so hard to take off the phone, plus I didn't like those protruding buttons either.
Settled on the Apple clay silicon case for the time being.

Cheers all

Reactions: VSMacOne

DaveM77

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2020
So I have mine in a Spigen case. Phone arrived Friday but amazon lost the parcel for my case.

So on Saturday I went out with my phone not in a case and was paranoid about it all day - this is an upgrade from an 11 so I've skipped a lot of the "bullet proof" phones.

Anyway - I dropped it while out. It went face down flat on the floor from waist high. Not a scratch which was a massive relief but I barely took it out of my pocket after that unless I was sat down. Replacement case has arrived and I feel a lot more comfortable holding it now.

Reactions: maverick22

xodh

macrumors demi-god
Apr 14, 2015
Manchester, England.
They make great cases. Do you think it is as thin as the Apple leather cases?
No, the hand made construction is more substantial, and the leather quality is much better being more durable.

They are more expensive though, and you can choose different grade leathers on some of the ranges.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
No, the hand made construction is more substantial, and the leather quality is much better being more durable.

They are more expensive though, and you can choose different grade leathers on some of the ranges.
Thanks. My wife uses the Vaja portfolio case and it has held up well the last two years. This year she ordered the Vaja V-Mag portfolio case. Curious to see how that works out and the magsafe magnets are supposed to be even better. I thought they were already good.

Guessed their individual cases were probably more substantial than Apple’s leather case.

Reactions: xodh

DOUGHNUT

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
IMG_8082.jpeg
IMG_8083.jpeg

Highly recommended -
Meifigno Magic Mag case from Amazon. The case is 10 dollars, it’s one of the best feeling and best quality cases I’ve tried!
It’s got a nice soft touch feel very similar to Apple Silicone but not grippy but much smoother. Fits very snug and metal buttons are very responsive (button for action button too). MagSafe magnet is nice and strong and got a nice matte minimalistic look.

I also bought a fine woven case but there’s no way that case is worth 60 dollars. Returning it

Last edited:

HuskerHarley

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln
I haven't read all of this long thread yet.
I'm surprised I don't see more cases of Silicone purchased off Amazon. My last three phones were covered with Liquid Silicone Cases, all costing under $20. I have two new ones waiting for my Pro-Max 6.7 & 15 6.1 to be delivered today.

What is the reason for not going with one instead of the overpriced Silicone versions from Apple?

tomacwhite

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
England
i've got a new Apple Silicon case for my 15 Pro Max, and whilst it looks and feels great in the hand, I've noticed a little bit of wear on the bottom edge already. It's been in my back pocket a few times and sat in the car cup holder, other than that, it's been on a flat surface.

Not the end of the world, but thought it'd be a little more durable than that.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
View attachment 2280273 View attachment 2280272

Highly recommended -
Meifigno Magic Mag case from Amazon. The case is 10 dollars, it’s one of the best feeling and best quality cases I’ve tried!
It’s got a nice soft touch feel very similar to Apple Silicone but not grippy but much smoother. Fits very snug and metal buttons are very responsive (button for action button too). MagSafe magnet is nice and strong and got a nice matte minimalistic look.

I also bought a fine woven case but there’s no way that case is worth 60 dollars. Returning it
Covered action button AND proper speaker cutouts on a $10 case!? These other well known "premium" case makers have no excuse!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.