Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Nice. I had a benks armor pro last year, but grew tired of it so didn’t pick it up this year. I’m torn between getting the sheath again, getting the speck presidio 2, or not getting either and just sticking with Apple silicone. It isn’t as noticeable this year in terms of picking up lint/dust, but I just started using it yesterday, so we’ll see how it ages, but so far it is pretty nice.
I have to say the presidio 2 is a nice looking case though. I do feel like I’m just not very excited for cases this year but that’s probably just me lol.

Reactions: Djones96

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I’m in the same bucket. Using the clay currently with my 15 PM but trying to keep it away from my pants pockets 😂… at least until it breaks in a little bit. I wish the FineWoven wasn’t such a dumpster fire because the fit is amazing.
Is it that bad cause I was considering it due to the fit?

Pedster

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Newbury
I'm using the evergreen color FineWoven on my new 15 Pro. Ordered it along with the phone sight-unseen. It's fine, really. Will keep it for now unless something else amazing catches my eye.
Ditto, but for Pro max. Really love the colour now hunting out the strap for AWU to keep me matching…

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
I ordered this Otterbox Defender series XT case from Verizon because I had 10% off accessories. And it’s out of stock on the Otterbox website already. I’m super stoked to get to my phone. I’m hoping it will ship early 🤞🏻

View attachment 2278959
Got the opposite problem. Got the Otterbox Defender Pro case in bblack for me and purple for my wife as well as the Zagg Glass Elite tempered glass screen protector for both.

Have to wait until 10/6 for in-store pick-up of our iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB in Natural Titanium on AT&T. Pre-ordered on 9/18.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I thought it was me until I saw this post and read the Amazon reviews on this years Spigen GlasTR 15 pro max - they utterly SUCK! They’re impossible to install without getting bubbles no matter how hard you try, and I tried FOUR times!

I’ve used Spigen for the last five years and have never had an issue, but they dropped the ball with the 15 Pro Max screen this year.
That shocked me too, with the Spigen it took me 15 mins to work out bubbles that I at first thought was lint underneath but when the screen was on I couldn’t see anything. I’m on the hunt for a replacement. I tried the ESR but the black borders cover over the edge of the display a bit and ruins the thin bezel look.

All I need is a tempered glass screen protectors that doesn’t accumulate a lot of dust around the edges and doesn’t mess with the look of the thin bezel. SMH 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Fanboi4life

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
That shocked me too, with the Spigen it took me 15 mins to work out bubbles that I at first thought was lint underneath but when the screen was on I couldn’t see anything. I’m on the hunt for a replacement. I tried the ESR but the black borders cover over the edge of the display a bit and ruins the thin bezel look.

All I need is a tempered glass screen protectors that doesn’t accumulate a lot of dust around the edges and doesn’t mess with the look of the thin bezel. SMH 🤦‍♂️
Since I have TotalTech Support with Best Buy, setup for the new devices and application of accessories is free so I ask the Geek Squad to apply the screen protector. Used Zagg tempered glass screen protectors since I got my first iPhone, the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
FYI, I just tried my Mujjo leather case on my new 15 Pro Max. Great fit, the button feel is perfect--just like the old Apple leather case. It's quite thin, which I also like. MagSafe feels very secure with my car mount.

I love mine also. Smelt a bit chemically out the box but getting better now.

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
I thought it was me until I saw this post and read the Amazon reviews on this years Spigen GlasTR 15 pro max - they utterly SUCK! They’re impossible to install without getting bubbles no matter how hard you try, and I tried FOUR times!

I’ve used Spigen for the last five years and have never had an issue, but they dropped the ball with the 15 Pro Max screen this year.

No issues with mine. First install wound up perfect. A couple very small bubbles but was able to work them out with the provided tool. I applied the protector the moment I peeled the white sticker off the phone.

Maybe they had a bad batch go out?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I bought a clear case and a cypress silicone case from Apple. I decided to keep the silicone case because the clear case offers no grip at all. I wasn't quite sure about this color combination (blue titanium and green), but it's starting to grow on me. $49 might sound expensive, but compared to other alternatives, I think Apple's cases offer the thinnest yet good enough protection for the phone and a great color lineup.

By the way, I really like the blue this year. ive had silver iPhones since XS Max. Going caseless is tempting, to be honest, but I do like the silicone feel and grip.

View attachment 2277192 View attachment 2277193 View attachment 2277196
Thanks for posting this. Not sure how blue would look with other colors but looks good with the green.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I have to say the presidio 2 is a nice looking case though. I do feel like I’m just not very excited for cases this year but that’s probably just me lol.
I agree, it is very nice looking.

Also, not just you. I’ve struggled to find any exciting cases this year. Idk what it is, they all just seem meh. I am enjoying the Apple silicone though.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
No issues with mine. First install wound up perfect. A couple very small bubbles but was able to work them out with the provided tool. I applied the protector the moment I peeled the white sticker off the phone.

Maybe they had a bad batch go out?
my only problem with the spigen protectors is i have a hard time getting ahold of the little tab to peel back the protective sheet. last year and again this year i wasted the first one by disarranging the actual glass struggling to peel off the cover. success on number 2. once it’s on, my 14pm lasted all year looking and feeling good. i just buy 2 boxes. i honestly prefer the amfilm protectors because they ship with a full screen sized dust sticker. really easy to get a dust free install. i place the dust sticker over the screen, rub down and then don’t remove until i have peeled back the sheet on protector. but i don’t think they last as long as spigen’s. when they go on sale i actually buy 1 or 2 for the dust sticker. i tried to find full screen sized dust stickers on their own but couldn’t.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Is it that bad cause I was considering it due to the fit?
Personally I think so but I know others are opting to keep them. Here’s what mine looked like after some light pressure with my nails. I did the same pressure to my 14PM Apple leather case and they came right off with a wipe. The FineWoven scratches are permanent.

Attachments

• IMG_5945.jpeg
    IMG_5945.jpeg
    852.6 KB · Views: 126

physicsguy13

Contributor
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
Personally I think so but I know others are opting to keep them. Here’s what mine looked like after some light pressure with my nails. I did the same pressure to my 14PM Apple leather case and they came right off with a wipe. The FineWoven scratches are permanent.
The fit on the FineWoven case is perfect and that is the only positive for it. The case will make Apple lots of money, but it is garbage and I am using one until a better case I already ordered arrives.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
Why didn't they just use high quality synthetic leather?. Synthetic leather is probably preferable to real leather as far as durability.

I opt for synthetics in my car, for durability. To me, it's superior to leather IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: timeconsumer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.