Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
I have to say the presidio 2 is a nice looking case though. I do feel like I’m just not very excited for cases this year but that’s probably just me lol.
If you take a piece of an old dbrand skin and cut it to size to fit on the iPhone’s buttons, then put the presidio case on, it makes the buttons feel better when pressing them.

Reactions: Ta0jin

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Unfortunately, I believe it is a one time discount code that Stacey used, but if not, please send it to me too 😝

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
my only problem with the spigen protectors is i have a hard time getting ahold of the little tab to peel back the protective sheet. last year and again this year i wasted the first one by disarranging the actual glass struggling to peel off the cover. success on number 2. once it’s on, my 14pm lasted all year looking and feeling good. i just buy 2 boxes. i honestly prefer the amfilm protectors because they ship with a full screen sized dust sticker. really easy to get a dust free install. i place the dust sticker over the screen, rub down and then don’t remove until i have peeled back the sheet on protector. but i don’t think they last as long as spigen’s. when they go on sale i actually buy 1 or 2 for the dust sticker. i tried to find full screen sized dust stickers on their own but couldn’t.
The Amfilm were on sale a few days ago. I got a pack for $6.35 total. I love their screen protectors.

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
How's the back? Is it slippery like a hard shell ?
It’s got some grip to it on the speckled fabric for sure. I haven’t felt like it slips out of my hand at all. I’m super weird about the cases I use. I was going to return this when the bullstrap cases start to ship and as long as it doesn’t fall apart before then, I’ll be keeping this all year.

Reactions: MrGrim999

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Personally I think so but I know others are opting to keep them. Here’s what mine looked like after some light pressure with my nails. I did the same pressure to my 14PM Apple leather case and they came right off with a wipe. The FineWoven scratches are permanent.
Wow, gotta wonder how that got through quality control.

Reactions: VSMacOne

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I figured it was. Still trying to decide if I want a sheath or synthesis then I’ll order 😝
You can’t go wrong with either case. The inside of the Sheath have that soft felt inside and is a little thinner than the Synthesis. They’re both sturdy and tight fitting cases. Even with the cut out for the action button, it don’t interfere with pressing the button.

Reactions: Djones96

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
You can’t go wrong with either case. The inside of the Sheath have that soft felt inside and is a little thinner than the Synthesis. They’re both sturdy and tight fitting cases. Even with the cut out for the action button, it don’t interfere with pressing the button.
How’s drop protection on the Sheath / Synthesis?

Everything else seems good about them, but I haven’t read enough online about them being able to handle drops.

Thanks

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Does your camera seem pretty protected in the Benks?

Doesn’t seem like the Mous protects the camera all that well (3 sides).

Edit: so maybe the 15 Pro Max has 4 edges raised for camera protection, but the 15 Pro one only has 3?
I’d say pretty well, about the same as the one I had on my 14 pro.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3430.jpeg
    IMG_3430.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 93

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
How’s drop protection on the Sheath / Synthesis?

Everything else seems good about them, but I haven’t read enough online about them being able to handle drops.

Thanks
I’ve dropped mine a few times in both cases and sustained no damage to my iPhone. I have a very amount of scuffs on the edge of my cases from drops.

Reactions: maverick22

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
No issues with mine. First install wound up perfect. A couple very small bubbles but was able to work them out with the provided tool. I applied the protector the moment I peeled the white sticker off the phone.

Maybe they had a bad batch go out?
That's the trick. I get a perfect install every time I apply it directly after taking off the white sticker out the box.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
just got my caudabe sheath for my iphone 15 pro max , is it me or does the material feels rigid overall ? Compare to previous sheath ( i notice the sides especially near the buttons ) compare to previous ? i don't have my device yet so i cant tell on the fitting.

Last edited:

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Has Anyone purchased the rhinoshield crash guard or Mod NX? Looks like a nice bumper case when i need some protection (will be going caseless 90% of the time)

Reactions: ZebraDude

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I'm waiting on Phone Rebel and dbrand

Skipping Caudabe this year due to the action button cutout. Surprising to see them selling that crap even though you can get a "complimentary" replacement if purchased and requested by a certain date

Reactions: Jaggrey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.