Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
View attachment 2280273 View attachment 2280272

Highly recommended -
Meifigno Magic Mag case from Amazon. The case is 10 dollars, it’s one of the best feeling and best quality cases I’ve tried!
It’s got a nice soft touch feel very similar to Apple Silicone but not grippy but much smoother. Fits very snug and metal buttons are very responsive (button for action button too). MagSafe magnet is nice and strong and got a nice matte minimalistic look.

I also bought a fine woven case but there’s no way that case is worth 60 dollars. Returning it
Looks pretty nice. Think it can handle drops okay?

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
You mind posting some photos of how it looks if at all possible? Was considering this very same one in that navy blue to match the blue titanium.

Here’s some pictures with the case on

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 132

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Not seeing enough pictures in here. @Hooterville Did you get your phone yet?

Yea, I got my phone just fine. I'm broke as a Church Mouse and trying not to go too crazy with cases this year.
I only have a couple so far and a few more on my radar.
I will post some pictures of the ones I have and a few more that I'm thinking about getting.
Sorry......

Reactions: VaderRulez

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I haven't read all of this long thread yet.
I'm surprised I don't see more cases of Silicone purchased off Amazon. My last three phones were covered with Liquid Silicone Cases, all costing under $20. I have two new ones waiting for my Pro-Max 6.7 & 15 6.1 to be delivered today.

What is the reason for not going with one instead of the overpriced Silicone versions from Apple?
I haven’t tried those in the last year but the last time I looked at one they were bulkier than Apple’s and the side were less firm which meant more junk getting trapped in the case.

Reactions: HuskerHarley

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
I'm waiting on Phone Rebel and dbrand

Skipping Caudabe this year due to the action button cutout. Surprising to see them selling that crap even though you can get a "complimentary" replacement if purchased and requested by a certain date

Yea I'm waiting until they at least release the updated version. You just know they're going to charge shipping on that "complimentary" case.

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Was thinking of going nked this year but couldn't do it. Was going to go with a peel or caudabe but went with the pitaka ezfit this year. So far really liking it's fit and finish. Locked right in and no need for the spacers.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I bought this case for my 15 Pro Max. It fits great and feels really good to hold. The titanium blue sides are nice, too.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Anyone with the decoded case know if the metal rim around the camera chips? That’s one off the main problems I had with the andar aspen.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Some of these cases on here I've never heard of and are really nice.

I think I'll keep my Evergreen FineWoven until (if/when) it turns to crap, then replace it with something else shown here.

The Apple silicone cases I had for my iPhone 13 mini picked up too much dust/lint, and for personal reasons prefer not to use a leather case if I can avoid it, though that's what I ended up using for my 13 mini since it came out of my pocket nicely, wasn't too slippery and didn't pick up lint.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Been rolling since Friday like this. Black Otterbox Symmetry with MagSafe (Fantastic Case), the back is slippery but everything else is perfect. This case is slim, thin and feels great in the hand.
No butt plug or metal camera protector thingy but do have them on deck and ready to go.
Spigen GlasTR screen protector installed the second I peeled off the factory screen covering.
Waiting on my RealTree version so I can get those traffic cone orange buttons for my case. Here are a couple pics:

bsym01.jpg
bsym02.jpg
bsym03.jpg
bsym04.jpg
bsym05.jpg
bsym06.jpg

Last edited:

RobM_

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2021
I've ended up with a Pitaka case for my 15PM. I also have a Torras MagSafe thin shell which is nice enough, but feels a little cheap (because it is). I had a FineWoven case which I initially quite liked (and posted positive things about earlier in this thread!), but once I actually fitted it to the phone it added too much bulk, which given the durability concerns made it hard to justify (I'll take bulk if it means lasting protection!).

In the end I took the FineWoven back to Apple and spent the money on a Pitaka. It's not going to offer much in terms of drop protection, but it looks and feels great, and the MagSafe performance is excellent.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I'm trying to not buy too many cases this year as I'm broke :(
I will post up some pictures of the few that I have and any that I may order in the near future.
Just teasing man. All the power to you to show self control! I hope I can, I’m planning to go easy on the cases this year too, I always say that, but that’s why I’m taking my time picking one so that it’s one I’ll like for a while.

Reactions: Hooterville

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Been rolling since Friday like this. Black Otterbox Symmetry with MagSafe (Fantastic Case), the back is slippery but everything else is perfect. This case is slim, thin and feels great in the hand.
No butt plug or metal camera protector thingy but do have them on deck and ready to go.
Spigen GlasTR screen protector installed the second I peeled off the factory screen covering.
Waiting on my RealTree version so I can get those traffic cone orange buttons for my case. Here are a couple pics:

View attachment 2280494 View attachment 2280495 View attachment 2280497 View attachment 2280501 View attachment 2280503 View attachment 2280505
You might have sold me on this. It was on my radar but after seeing your pics it looks very clean, and slick, but minimal at the same time.

Reactions: kvlq
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.