Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I got the Benks armor pro, I loved it last year for the 14 pro and this version is nice but it’s a little thicker than I would’ve liked but still a solid case.

I am going to get the Caudabe Sheath when it releases with the action button though.
Nice. I had a benks armor pro last year, but grew tired of it so didn’t pick it up this year. I’m torn between getting the sheath again, getting the speck presidio 2, or not getting either and just sticking with Apple silicone. It isn’t as noticeable this year in terms of picking up lint/dust, but I just started using it yesterday, so we’ll see how it ages, but so far it is pretty nice.

Reactions: Ta0jin and sneeks

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Been using both the Benks ArmorPro and the Mous Limitless 5.0 these past few days. Like them both, Mous feels more protective but the corners are much sharper and feels a bit more cumbersome to hold. Shows fingerprints a little bit more too. The buttons are decent, kinda cheap plasticy feel though. The Benks feels so good in the hand and not as bulky. The fingerprints haven't been as noticeable for me. The buttons are pretty good, but the action button is slightly more inward compared to the volume and power button, would be nice if it was as far out as the others. Will use them both again for the next few days, but am leaning Benks for the comfort for now, but maybe will decide the Mous if I want to have more protection.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I really love the look of the clay silicone case but the lint that it collects is just too much for me. I wish they made a tpu like version.
I’m in the same bucket. Using the clay currently with my 15 PM but trying to keep it away from my pants pockets 😂… at least until it breaks in a little bit. I wish the FineWoven wasn’t such a dumpster fire because the fit is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_5939.jpeg
    IMG_5939.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 200

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Been using both the Benks ArmorPro and the Mous Limitless 5.0 these past few days. Like them both, Mous feels more protective but the corners are much sharper and feels a bit more cumbersome to hold. Shows fingerprints a little bit more too. The buttons are decent, kinda cheap plasticy feel though. The Benks feels so good in the hand and not as bulky. The fingerprints haven't been as noticeable for me. The buttons are pretty good, but the action button is slightly more inward compared to the volume and power button, would be nice if it was as far out as the others. Will use them both again for the next few days, but am leaning Benks for the comfort for now, but maybe will decide the Mous if I want to have more protection.
Does your camera seem pretty protected in the Benks?

Doesn’t seem like the Mous protects the camera all that well (3 sides).

Edit: so maybe the 15 Pro Max has 4 edges raised for camera protection, but the 15 Pro one only has 3?

Last edited:

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
The cutout with the defect is in the picture. The shape is off. And the buttons are not going to be fixed with a craft knife, not that I would do that anyway after spending $60 on a case…
Ahh my bad. I misread and thought you meant the cutouts of the case were sharp, not the buttons!

I see a little bubble now I zoomed in. Case still looks good though barring the defect.

Remember cost does not equal quality, £150k Porsches still breakdown, as do £15k Fords!

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Ahh my bad. I misread and thought you meant the cutouts of the case were sharp, not the buttons!

I see a little bubble now I zoomed in. Case still looks good though barring the defect.

Remember cost does not equal quality, £150k Porsches still breakdown, as do £15k Fords!
You missed the other part where the buttons stick out much further than any other case I’ve owned. Again, I’m not comfortable making those trade offs at this price point.

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Does your camera seem pretty protected in the Benks?

Doesn’t seem like the Mous protects the camera all that well (3 sides).

Edit: so maybe the 15 Pro Max has 4 edges raised for camera protection, but the 15 Pro one only has 3?
I have a 15 pro too so yeah only the 3 sides of the Mous are raised. I am not as concerned about the Mous only being 3 since I think if it falls and then it would be pretty trick to get that side since it isn't along the edge, but it seemed raised enough to not scratch the lenses when I place the phone down. The Benks camera edge is just slightly above the level of the camera lens, but it is all 4 sides and a nice metal outline. Overall the Benks edges are just slightly raised as a whole, even the front is just a little bit more raised then the screen with a protector on it.

Reactions: maverick22

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
What is the thickness of Apple leather and silicone cases? I generally prefer cases that are 1mm or less. I have my eye on a few cases that are greater than 1mm and want to compare the thickness difference. I had Apple silicone and leather cases in the past. TIA!

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I went with the Spigen GlasTR screen protector but this year’s version are lacking for me.

The edges gather dust like crazy and when I went to pull up an edge to remove a speck of dust that got under during installation the glass started to split from the adhesive smh. I was shocked because with the 14 pro the glass didn't have dust get stuck to the edges nor did they split when lifting one of the edges.

I tried to install the second one and when removing the plastic to reveal the adhesive the glass popped off and fell on my carpet 🤦‍♂. I may go back to plastic film style protectors…
I thought it was me until I saw this post and read the Amazon reviews on this years Spigen GlasTR 15 pro max - they utterly SUCK! They’re impossible to install without getting bubbles no matter how hard you try, and I tried FOUR times!

I’ve used Spigen for the last five years and have never had an issue, but they dropped the ball with the 15 Pro Max screen this year.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
FYI, I just tried my Mujjo leather case on my new 15 Pro Max. Great fit, the button feel is perfect--just like the old Apple leather case. It's quite thin, which I also like. MagSafe feels very secure with my car mount.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I thought it was me until I saw this post and read the Amazon reviews on this years Spigen GlasTR 15 pro max - they utterly SUCK! They’re impossible to install without getting bubbles no matter how hard you try, and I tried FOUR times!

I’ve used Spigen for the last five years and have never had an issue, but they dropped the ball with the 15 Pro Max screen this year.
No problem with mine. Had a couple of bubbles but they were easy to get out using the new squeegee they provided in the kit.

Reactions: AE14

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
What is the thickness of Apple leather and silicone cases? I generally prefer cases that are 1mm or less. I have my eye on a few cases that are greater than 1mm and want to compare the thickness difference. I had Apple silicone and leather cases in the past. TIA!
There are no Apple official leather cases for the iPhone 15 series phones. They’ve replaced them with a different material called Fine Woven which the majority consensus is that they’re not good or worth the price Apple charges for them.

Pedster

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Newbury
I bought a clear case and a cypress silicone case from Apple. I decided to keep the silicone case because the clear case offers no grip at all. I wasn't quite sure about this color combination (blue titanium and green), but it's starting to grow on me. $49 might sound expensive, but compared to other alternatives, I think Apple's cases offer the thinnest yet good enough protection for the phone and a great color lineup.

By the way, I really like the blue this year. ive had silver iPhones since XS Max. Going caseless is tempting, to be honest, but I do like the silicone feel and grip.

View attachment 2277192 View attachment 2277193 View attachment 2277196
Erm Is that the evergreen strap for the AW?

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
There are no Apple official leather cases for the iPhone 15 series phones. They’ve replaced them with a different material called Fine Woven which the majority consensus is that they’re not good or worth the price Apple charges for them.
Right. To clarify, what is the thickness of Apple leather and silicone cases for 11 Pro to 14 Pro models?

Reactions: Mr.C
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.