Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
The Apple Silicon case is a tad too uncomfortable/big on my 15 Pro. Going naked the phone feels just right (and almost like my 13 mini in its Apple Silicon case!) but it's too bleepin' slippery, so I'm on the hunt for the thinnest possible case that can improve the grip.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Was gonna get the decoded leather case for my 15, but no way am I going to pay $17 for shipping 🙄

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
15 Pro Max in Black:- I can't decide between the Mujjo black leather or the Native Union black. (based in UK).
Anyone have any idea how these particular cases look after 6-12 months?

1695571058792.png

vs
1695571105651.png

I currently have a very basic JETech black MagSafe case at the moment, temporarily, until I decide on a longer term option. The fit is terrible, and is so slippery. I would not recommend, even for a short stint!

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
Apple clear case. Shows off the color nicely.

FineWoven doesn’t compare to leather for the “premium” offering, and silicone always pulls my pocket inside out.

Reactions: Ntombi

Rilkal

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
15 Pro Max in Black:- I can't decide between the Mujjo black leather or the Native Union black. (based in UK).
Anyone have any idea how these particular cases look after 6-12 months?

View attachment 2279522
vs
View attachment 2279524

I currently have a very basic JETech black MagSafe case at the moment, temporarily, until I decide on a longer term option. The fit is terrible, and is so slippery. I would not recommend, even for a short stint!
Looking at the reviews for Native they show the ‘leather’ scuffing quite easily and there’s been a few photos on this thread with the cut outs not lining up.

I might try the yellow though it’s very nice.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I’ve been very happy with the Speck Presidio Grip for the 15 Pro Max. So much so that I haven’t even bothered getting the Nomad leather case out of the mailbox since it got delivered on Friday. Likely going to just send it back without trying the case on at all.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
For anybody with the Mous Limitless 5.0, what's the best design for grip and feel? I bought the Clarity 2.0 and will be returning it as I find it to slippery.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Has anyone used Ghostek before? I know I said no more cases, but I’ve been eyeing this one.

View attachment 2279410

I have from 13 Pro. Their "anti-yellowing" is a joke tbh. I'm looking at the case and it has yellowed. If you can get a case thats not transparent and susceptible to the yellowing, its pretty good. Durable, strong magsafe as well.

Attachments

• Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    667.2 KB · Views: 64

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I have from 13 Pro. Their "anti-yellowing" is a joke tbh. I'm looking at the case and it has yellowed. If you can get a case thats not transparent and susceptible to the yellowing, its pretty good. Durable, strong magsafe as well.
Oh I am definitely crossing them off my list now. The only case I found that don’t yellow, is the Caudabe Lucid Clear case, and that’s because it’s a hard plastic vs the tpu plastic.

Reactions: DianaMR and tharitm

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
I’ve been very happy with the Speck Presidio Grip for the 15 Pro Max. So much so that I haven’t even bothered getting the Nomad leather case out of the mailbox since it got delivered on Friday. Likely going to just send it back without trying the case on at all.
I've used these since my 7 - they aren't the prettiest, and colors this year suck for the most part but I maintain these are one of the best in terms of excellent protection without being bulky. Dropped so many times and no issues; the grip is much better than most cases, and they hold up really well. Wish they made more regular magsafe ones (the new click lock thing is ridiculous)

Reactions: maverick22

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I've used these since my 7 - they aren't the prettiest, and colors this year suck for the most part but I maintain these are one of the best in terms of excellent protection without being bulky. Dropped so many times and no issues; the grip is much better than most cases, and they hold up really well. Wish they made more regular magsafe ones (the new click lock thing is ridiculous)
Is the interior that touches the phone soft?

Kinda worried about my old trusty Otterbox Defender Pro line as they have the plastic inside.

Buttons good with the speck? Nice fit?

Reactions: richxps

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
For anybody with the Mous Limitless 5.0, what's the best design for grip and feel? I bought the Clarity 2.0 and will be returning it as I find it to slippery.
I have the limitless 5 for my 15pm and it looks, feels and fits great. I have the speckled fabric one and have zero issues. All the buttons click when they’re suppose to too. I’m very impressed with it.

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Anyone know if the Nomad Sport case has improved since they introduced it for the 13? I returned the one I bought for my 13 Pro because it had a sharp lip between the plastic and tpu and mushy buttons.

Loving the new pure white/black style they added, but not if it has the same issues as before:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.