Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
What did they do to the camera cutout on the 15 Pro?

You put on your Ringke metal camera thingy yet?
IMG_0061.png

They got rid of the bottom lip.

Camera protector. They were temporarily out of stock on Amazon. Will check again lol.

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
Does someone know if Otterbox Symmetry case for iPhone 14Pro fit the 15Pro? Found a massive discount on one for 14Pro and I’m curious if I can use it on my new 15 Pro. Just saw some pics here and I really like how it’s looking.. and don’t want to spend more money after I already bought 3 new cases. :(

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Just received this Spigen Thin Fit in the color Gunmetal and absolutely LOVE it. It’s extremely thin and lightweight, but with grip. I’ll be returning my other cases.
Bummer it doesn’t support MagSafe. It’s pretty much a deal breaker for most of the community I think.

Reactions: yOyOYoo

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
I’m not sure what you’re referring to, so I’m going to say no. Fits my 15 pro max nice and snug
Haha basically someone earlier said the top left doesn’t sit flush the phone on the air version so I was wondering if the normal version had the same issue

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Does someone know if Otterbox Symmetry case for iPhone 14Pro fit the 15Pro? Found a massive discount on one for 14Pro and I’m curious if I can use it on my new 15 Pro. Just saw some pics here and I really like how it’s looking.. and don’t want to spend more money after I already bought 3 new cases. :(
I'd be surprised if it did. Chances are it will be a bit loose and not snug fitting as the dimensions are slightly different. The 15 Pro is slightly narrower. It's possible the phone may not stay in the case. Also it will have a cut out for the ringer rather than a button for the action button on the 15 Pro. You're probably better off getting one specific for the 15 Pro.

Reactions: kvlq

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Has anyone tried a Surphy silicone case? They seem well made but when I put it on my iPhone 15 Pro Max I noticed that the camera cut-outs weren't quite centered. That extra little camera ring was right up along and slightly over the edge of the lens. I have put the case on and off the phone a few times now and sometimes its OK and some times its off kilter again. A regular silicone case without those extra rings is always perfectly centered. The lavendar gray one here is a FireNova brand. I don't want to sound like I'm super picky but I was concerned that the less centered cut-outs could affect photos. Has anyone else noticed this on this type of case with an extra lens protection ring? I have another one by Ringke and its even worse (white case--physically looks identical to Surphy one so maybe same manufacturer?).

Attachments

• SURPHY.jpg
    SURPHY.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 99
  • Surphy Off.jpg
    Surphy Off.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 70
  • surphy blue.jpg
    surphy blue.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 92
  • Ringke.jpg
    Ringke.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Members on here who are running Fine Woven cases can you please do me a massive favour. Can you please shake your iPhone with case on and check if the buttons rattle?

Thanks

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
I’m a huge fan of the ESR Soft Case and I’ve never really been a fan of ESR cases. Silicone feel, very tight and firm fit around the edges, camera kickstand ring with that strong MagSafe, I’m impressed.

Ah, unfortunately I've returned it. Overall too thick and slippery feeling for me. Collects lint/dust too easy, it's identical to the Apple silicone cases. No grip on the sides either, feels like it will slip out of my hands too easily. Kickstand is nice, so is the microfiber lining, but not enough for me overlook its flaws.

I'm 100% with you on the Mous Limitless though :).

Members on here who are running Fine Woven cases can you please do me a massive favour. Can you please shake your iPhone with case on and check if the buttons rattle?

Thanks

Yes, the case buttons rattle :(. To be fair I haven't noticed this during normal use, but yes they rattle when I intentionally shake the case with the phone in it.

15PM, Taupe case.

• Sad
Reactions: infinilo

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
Does the elago clear case feel bulky?

I had an elago silicone case for my iPhone 12 and I loved it - high quality, slim profile. I bought the elago silicone MagSafe case for iPhone 15 Pro and it feels rather bulky...
It does, tbh. I took it off today and been using this one I got from AliExpress. Really love the textured back and the MagSafe inclusion despite that. Got the one with the orange line.

I’ve already gone over my previously agreed number of cases with this phone, like always, but this is a really nice one. It’s not fully clear but frosted, and the ridged lines feel great in the hand while still showing the color underneath. Also helps that the edges around the screen are at level with the screen and not above it (like the elago), since I feel this helps with keyboard travel and overall feel in the hand tbh.
IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5236.jpeg

elago is a nice case, and honestly better or on par with the needlessly far more expensive Apple clear case, so if that’s the intention it’s still a great case, tho the Apple one might be lighter, I haven’t bought an official one of those since the 13. I like this “clear”variation, for what it’s worth. My cousin inherited about 12 cases for his 14PM yesterday, so I buy enough cases that I’m genuinely impressed lol

Last edited:

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State

Thanks

I have the Pacific blue fine woven case, and when I shake it vigorously up down left and right, I have no rattle at all not even a little bit.

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
Got these as well.

LONLI Edition - (for iPhone 15 Pro Max) - Premium European Genuine Leather Phone Case - Develop Patina Over Time - Compatible with Magsafe - Brown
Zoof Genuine Leather Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max (6.7 inch) Top Litchi Grain Leather Magnetic Phone Case- Compatible with Magsafe - Red

Really great quality on both, but particularly enjoying the LONLI. The case feels like the leather did on the 12/13 cases or whenever it was that Apple very clearly changed the leather from one generation to the other. It’s a very nice feel in the hand, not at all slippery. And I guess that’s what she said, tbh. Great cases both tho.

IMG-1688.jpg

IMG-1689.jpg

IMG-1690.jpg

IMG-1693.jpg

IMG-1694.jpg

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Has anyone tried the Moment cases? I'm not sure if I'd use the lenses but I like the olive green case.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Got these as well.

LONLI Edition - (for iPhone 15 Pro Max) - Premium European Genuine Leather Phone Case - Develop Patina Over Time - Compatible with Magsafe - Brown
Zoof Genuine Leather Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max (6.7 inch) Top Litchi Grain Leather Magnetic Phone Case- Compatible with Magsafe - Red

Really great quality on both, but particularly enjoying the LONLI. The case feels like the leather did on the 12/13 cases or whenever it was that Apple very clearly changed the leather from one generation to the other. It’s a very nice feel in the hand, not at all slippery. And I guess that’s what she said, tbh. Great cases both tho.

IMG-1688.jpg

IMG-1689.jpg

IMG-1690.jpg

IMG-1693.jpg

IMG-1694.jpg

Damn, that red one is sweet !

• Love
Reactions: xfusejc

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Was talking to pitaka regrading my cancelation of the pitaka magez case for iphone 15 pro max refund , for anyone considering to purchase the Magez pro might wanna hang on : -

1695692459231.png

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
Bullstrap Dune - 7.jpg

Bullstrap Dune - 1.jpg
Bullstrap Dune - 2.jpg
Bullstrap Dune - 3.jpg
SidebySide 1.jpg
SidebySide 2.jpg

Bullstrap - Dune Leather

My favorite case.
  • The leather feels great to hold and smells incredible. The shading and texture of the grain at different angles is beautiful - hard to capture in pictures
  • Buttons feel exactly like the old leather cases from Apple
  • It is so close in design to the old taupe leather case for the X
    • buttons are thin and dark and don’t extend very far past the leather
    • the bottom opening is identical in every way to the Apple case
Mous 1.jpg
Mous 2.jpg

Mous - Walnut
  • I use this the most
    • Top Comfort. The raised concave edges feel best when pressed into the palm
    • Easiest to hold. The rounded edges+corners & raised screen lip top & bottom add a lot to hold on to and wrap your fingers around
    • Feels more protected - thicker and more substantial along with the raised edges extending highest above the screen protector
      • the border around the cameras is raised on all sides
Pitaka 1.jpg
Pitaka 2.jpg

Pitaka
  • Outstanding build quality and premium material feel - smooth soft almost velvety
  • Sharper edges than the others despite the chamfering - making it less comfortable to hold
  • Might return this and wait for limited designs of the MagEZ non-pro and/or updated buttons if I miss it
Sheath 1.jpg
Sheath 2.jpg
Sheath 3.jpg

Sheath 4.jpg

Caudabe Sheath
  • The Sheath is flawless
    • Tight thin fit, excellent material touch, very grippy, strong magnets, rounded edges are comfortable to hold
    • Cutout for the action button is actually a usable alternative
    • Speaker cutout is just fine on mine
    • Would recommend this without hesitation
FW - Big L.jpg

FineWoven

Just keeping this around to compare
  • I dislike this case the more I use it
  • It’s brand new but looks dingy in pictures - and will be worse with wear
  • The frame is slippery and it feels like it has zero drop protection
  • Great anxiety when taking this to Starbucks and eating Italian food for dinner

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
So I caved and tried a Mous Limitless 5.0 case and I just don't get what all the hype is. It's definitely a nice case, but nothing deserving of the $70+ price they're trying to get away with charging. And it's not without its flaws - the buttons are shallow and loose on the one I received - much less premium feeling than my Apple Leather case or even my Speck Presidio Grip.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
So I caved and tried a Mous Limitless 5.0 case and I just don't get what all the hype is. It's definitely a nice case, but nothing deserving of the $70+ price they're trying to get away with charging. And it's not without its flaws - the buttons are shallow and loose on the one I received - much less premium feeling than my Apple Leather case or even my Speck Presidio Grip.
i am thinking of getting mous as well , for the buttons loose as in it rattles ? i had that issue on my iphone 14 pro max . guess its still not fix ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.