Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
So I caved and tried a Mous Limitless 5.0 case and I just don't get what all the hype is. It's definitely a nice case, but nothing deserving of the $70+ price they're trying to get away with charging. And it's not without its flaws - the buttons are shallow and loose on the one I received - much less premium feeling than my Apple Leather case or even my Speck Presidio Grip.
I’m glad I’m not the only person who doesn't see the value in Mous cases. I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with them.

Reactions: AnthroMatt

Human intellegence

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
One that is liquid cooled! Haha actually to be real, it’s a great phone but the chips weren’t quite binned high enough. This leads to them getting hot, which is nothing new for android users. I would get something mesh.

Without boring you with chip manufacturing, a single chip A17 can actually vary a lot unit to unit in terms of imperfections. Earlier this year, TSMC (who makes apples chip) had only 55 percent yield in the 3nm A17 destined chips (meaning 55 percent, were perfect enough to hit some benchmark given x watts). Miraculously the jumped to 80 percent as early as August. How?

I am not a chip designer but many who are have pointed out the common shortcut to increasing performance is to give it more voltage or current at load. This means more wattage is used for a lower binned chip with more imperfections. It’s unlikely any influencer like Mark Burman got the higher binned chip, as almost every manufacture of durable goods sends a pristine model to these folks. I hope I’m wrong but benchmarks are pretty persuasive when running the same applications on the same os with the same chip architecture. Esssentually, the phone gets throttled so hard in some units that it performan worse than the iPhone 14 pro after 2 minutes. That said, there could be 3nm chipset improvements (opaquely of course) instead model year. I don’t know of any software fix for a low binned processor. In these cases throttling is the way. Also, it should be said we are all spoiled and this is the fastest phone hands down.

sonisan

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Japan
Anyone who recently ordered on Nomad’s website? Still waiting the order to be shipped, I guess they are flooded with orders following the keynote…

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
View attachment 2280965 Just received this Spigen Thin Fit in the color Gunmetal and absolutely LOVE it. It’s extremely thin and lightweight, but with grip. I’ll be returning my other cases.
MagSafe?

My phone arrived yesterday. Blue PM. My cudabe case isn’t here so grabbed a spigen mag armour and really impressed with it tbh. For is nice. Colour matches well and it doesn’t add much bulk.

Also went with the torras screen protectors and am really impressed with those too.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
had the Sheath for my 14 PM, ordered one for the 15, but I’ve been seeing a lot of posts saying it adds a bit of bulk to the phone. Hopefully I don’t regret my purchase 🙄

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Mind sharing details on the MagSafe strength when you get it in hand? Suppose to be improved by a lot and would like to know if this claim is true

And please post pics of the dbrand grip case. I am leaning towards the ghost, but intrigued by the grip. Is the grip thicker than the ghost?

bigup

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
United Kingdom
for 15PM, which is better this year the Sheath or the Synthesis ?

I had the Synthesis for the 14PM and really liked it but read they've changed it for the 15PM

I need to choose one lol, which one?

HuskerHarley

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln
Has anyone tried a Surphy silicone case? They seem well made but when I put it on my iPhone 15 Pro Max I noticed that the camera cut-outs weren't quite centered. That extra little camera ring was right up along and slightly over the edge of the lens. I have put the case on and off the phone a few times now and sometimes its OK and some times its off kilter again. A regular silicone case without those extra rings is always perfectly centered. The lavendar gray one here is a FireNova brand. I don't want to sound like I'm super picky but I was concerned that the less centered cut-outs could affect photos. Has anyone else noticed this on this type of case with an extra lens protection ring? I have another one by Ringke and its even worse (white case--physically looks identical to Surphy one so maybe same manufacturer?).
I think it fits pretty well on my 15 Pro Max. I especially like the raised lip around the screen. It's very tight and secure all the way around. It could be a tighter fit on the camera lens, but you must be very close to see any gap. For under 20 bucks, it delivers a lot of bang.
IMG_0003.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: darrinS

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
for 15PM, which is better this year the Sheath or the Synthesis ?

I had the Synthesis for the 14PM and really liked it but read they've changed it for the 15PM

I need to choose one lol, which one?

Unlike the popular opinion I prefer the Synthesis.

The Sheath is a heavier case which definitely adds heft to the phone.

The side grips on the Synthesis are such a nice design that feel great in hand while gripping your phone.

The back of the synthesis is a bit smoother feeling so the whole phone case doesn’t feel like “sandpaper” all around like the Sheath does.

Also the new felt interior is nice but I like to pop out my phone and wash my case under running water with dishwashing soap which would make it more complicated with the felt interior worrying that it gets wet. Going to the gym, running errands, etc… Phone cases get filthy and are germ beds and I’ve always liked being able to wash my case. (This wasn’t an issue in previous years, the felt interior is new on this year’s Sheath)

Some people have mentioned Synthesis might be a little bit bulkier but I actually think the Sheath is Bulkier, at least last year it was and I’m sure it is this year as well. This year’s Synthesis actually feels a bit slimmer than last year’s, which in my opinion is great.

Don’t get me wrong the Sheath is an amazing case still, I love the Caudabe brand in general. I’ve been loyal to them since the iPhone 6. I was always only interested in the Sheath but since last year with the grip design I gave Synthesis a try and now I prefer it over Sheath for all the reasons I mentioned above. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference. You can’t go wrong with either!

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I’m glad I’m not the only person who doesn't see the value in Mous cases. I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with them.
What bad experiences were you having with the Mous Limitless?

I’m trying to decide between:

Mous Linitless
Sheath or Synthesis
Benks Armor Pro
DBrand Ghost
Otterbox Defender Pro

For 15 Pro Max, which hopefully will arrive next week. I don’t mind bulky. I just worry some of these might be too thin and not protect well. I’m careful with my phone, but I definitely don’t want a $1300 phone damaged.

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
I ordered the starpeak magez case from pitaka. I just got an email showing it is being processed. It looks like it will be shipped from china, so it will likely take about a week. I made a mockup of how I imagine it will look with my blue 15 PM. I think these will go well together with the different shades of blue of the phone and the case.

Attachments

• IMG_3763.jpeg
    IMG_3763.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 75

bigup

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
United Kingdom
Unlike the popular opinion I prefer the Synthesis.

The Sheath is a heavier case which definitely adds heft to the phone.

The side grips on the Synthesis are such a nice design that feel great in hand while gripping your phone.

The back of the synthesis is a bit smoother feeling so the whole phone case doesn’t feel like “sandpaper” all around like the Sheath does.

Also the new felt interior is nice but I like to pop out my phone and wash my case under running water with dishwashing soap which would make it more complicated with the felt interior worrying that it gets wet. Going to the gym, running errands, etc… Phone cases get filthy and are germ beds and I’ve always liked being able to wash my case. (This wasn’t an issue in previous years, the felt interior is new on this year’s Sheath)

Some people have mentioned Synthesis might be a little bit bulkier but I actually think the Sheath is Bulkier, at least last year it was and I’m sure it is this year as well. This year’s Synthesis actually feels a bit slimmer than last year’s, which in my opinion is great.

Don’t get me wrong the Sheath is an amazing case still, I love the Caudabe brand in general. I’ve been loyal to them since the iPhone 6. I was always only interested in the Sheath but since last year with the grip design I gave Synthesis a try and now I prefer it over Sheath for all the reasons I mentioned above. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference. You can’t go wrong with either!
thank you! do you have any pics of this years Synthesis for iphone 15PM (pro etc)?

Reactions: Phillyphil0302

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
View attachment 2281061

View attachment 2281064 View attachment 2281065 View attachment 2281066 View attachment 2281067 View attachment 2281068

Bullstrap - Dune Leather

My favorite case.
  • The leather feels great to hold and smells incredible. The shading and texture of the grain at different angles is beautiful - hard to capture in pictures
  • Buttons feel exactly like the old leather cases from Apple
  • It is so close in design to the old taupe leather case for the X
    • buttons are thin and dark and don’t extend very far past the leather
    • the bottom opening is identical in every way to the Apple case
View attachment 2281069 View attachment 2281070

Mous - Walnut
  • I use this the most
    • Top Comfort. The raised concave edges feel best when pressed into the palm
    • Easiest to hold. The rounded edges+corners & raised screen lip top & bottom add a lot to hold on to and wrap your fingers around
    • Feels more protected - thicker and more substantial along with the raised edges extending highest above the screen protector
      • the border around the cameras is raised on all sides
View attachment 2281076 View attachment 2281078

Pitaka
  • Outstanding build quality and premium material feel - smooth soft almost velvety
  • Sharper edges than the others despite the chamfering - making it less comfortable to hold
  • Might return this and wait for limited designs of the MagEZ non-pro and/or updated buttons if I miss it
View attachment 2281080 View attachment 2281081 View attachment 2281082
View attachment 2281089
Caudabe Sheath
  • The Sheath is flawless
    • Tight thin fit, excellent material touch, very grippy, strong magnets, rounded edges are comfortable to hold
    • Cutout for the action button is actually a usable alternative
    • Speaker cutout is just fine on mine
    • Would recommend this without hesitation
View attachment 2281104

FineWoven

Just keeping this around to compare
  • I dislike this case the more I use it
  • It’s brand new but looks dingy in pictures - and will be worse with wear
  • The frame is slippery and it feels like it has zero drop protection
  • Great anxiety when taking this to Starbucks and eating Italian food for dinner
How’s the MagSafe strength on the bullstrap?

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
The Black silicone Apple case is £39 on Amazon, £10 cheaper than the Apple store. Is this legit? Why is Amazon selling it £10 cheaper?
I know people have complained about Amazon having a lot of fakes, is it safe to buy it from Amazon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.