Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Oh wow, amazing photos. That blue is outstanding. And I love the new Synthesis design. I was not a fan of that weird camera bump on the Synthesis 14PM. This looks so much more subtle and classy. Someone mentioned somewhere on here that Caudabe cases look dull. I beg to differ. I love how sleek and understated their cases are. Just the right amount of design.

I agree I don’t think they’re dull. I don’t care for busy overly designed cases. But hey everyone has preferences.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Seriously?! What is with these case companies! They even have this image on the Synthesis product page:
whitebanner-3-D-min_141cc134-afe1-43c5-8a65-e539f854d86b.jpg

That sure looks like felt lining to me.

The case will be fine without the lining, I just don't understand why they'd update one with the lining and not the other. Absurd.

Really? That looks like the hard plastic interior. I don’t see it as felt at all.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Surprisingly pleased with the silicone case.

In the past, when I've used the Apple silicone case, I've loved it for a few days. Then the lint gets on my nerves. Then it starts chipping away at the edges. Then smudges start to make it look worn out. Then the fit starts to feel a little loose around the edges. For the price, there's just so much better out there.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
In the past, when I've used the Apple silicone case, I've loved it for a few days. Then the lint gets on my nerves. Then it starts chipping away at the edges. Then smudges start to make it look worn out. Then the fit starts to feel a little loose around the edges. For the price, there's just so much better out there.

I agree. I absolutely love the clay color but I’m returning it. I can’t get myself to dish out $50 for that case with its quirks

plushboringfrog

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
This is a great case overall and what I’m currently using. My only gripe with it is that the USB-C port cutout is a bit too large and leaves a small gap between the case and the bottom of the phone.

Is it the same way for you?
Yes that's the only noticeable (tiny) flaw. Doesn't bother me much. What color do you have?

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Yes that's the only noticeable (tiny) flaw. Doesn't bother me much. What color do you have?
Ya it’s very minor and doesn’t bother me that much. I have the boring black color haha, although I like the way it looks in contrast with the natural titanium phone.

It’s really a great case, especially for the price. Surprised it doesn’t get more love on here!

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
The Mous has always had a sharp edge feel in the hand, which does not bother me at all. The sharpness I'm talking about is on the inside edge that goes around the phones display. I already took my phone out of the Mous case and there was no damage to the finish on my phone, thank god. The Mous is a fine case if you can handle fingerprints on the aramid version or the rough feel in the hand. I always loved the Bamboo version.
14 pro is the same just checked my phone 0 scratches, I swap it around few times a week.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Had to return mine. It showed a MagSafe ring imprint from charging after just 4 days. The search continues…
For 14 pro sheath has been the only case that doesn't for me.
apples yes
nomad yes
symmetry yes
mous yes

guess this years are the same?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I’m all over the place with cases this go around. Canceled the Synthesis order and decided to go for the Torras kickstand case with the air bumper. I like the metal buttons and frosted back that lets me see the phone, and the bumpers look like they don’t add much bulk while offering good protection (and I suspect will feel really good in the hand). The kickstand functionality and super strong magnet are welcome features as well, and with coupons it cost less than the Synthesis. I’m hoping this is the one.

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Had to return mine. It showed a MagSafe ring imprint from charging after just 4 days. The search continues…
Almost every case does this...mine doesn't do that and I use a Belkin 3in1 charging station...

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
I and my partner have apple silicon cases. We’ve always liked the leather cases, but not interested in fine woven this year, so first time using the silicon ones. They’re extremely nice. Very smooth to touch, although they won’t give the best protection, we are not so concerned. Easy to put it on and off, and easy to clean.

Attachments

• IMG_6565.jpeg
    IMG_6565.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_8639.jpeg
    IMG_8639.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 123

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I’ve just switched to the Benks MagClap ArmorAir Case. It’s so slim and light that you wouldn’t know that there is a case on the phone. The buttons on both sides are exposed but I quite like that.

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
My benks armorpro case came. Nice case. Doesn’t show fingerprints like the mous. Only issue is the buttons seem quite sharp around the edges.

Reactions: maverick22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.