Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
👆🏻

So I got the armorpro case from Amazon. It was almost half the price of the Pikata.
The armorair case, I ordered directly from Benks as they were offering 40% discount It arrived from China to the UK in five days. I just love this case I think it’s the best case I’ve ever had

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I wish there were detailed reviews on the dbrand Ghost Case. The only ones that show them (very briefly) are MKBHD, Dave2D and JRE on their sponsored YouTube videos. It’s such a cool looking case! I may preorder one. The case is currently in production and expected to ship at the end of October.
Wait might be too long if you have a 15 Pro Max and didn't preorder. Now showing November delivery

Due to overwhelming demand, iPhone 15 Pro Max orders placed today will ship in November. Prior orders with an October ship date will still ship within October.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Does anyone know if DBrand in general is a good brand overall for quality / drop protection? The ghost case is on my radar but not if it can’t take a drop.
I’d like to know this as well - good brand overall for quality. Drop protection is not a factor for me since I run the Pitaka MagEZ 4 case.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Wait might be too long if you have a 15 Pro Max and didn't preorder. Now showing November delivery

Due to overwhelming demand, iPhone 15 Pro Max orders placed today will ship in November. Prior orders with an October ship date will still ship within October.
I have a 15 Pro, so:

The Ghost Case for the iPhone 15 Pro is currently in production and is expected to ship at the end of October.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I'm interested in trying either Pitaka or Mous in that aramid fiber. Can anyone tell me what kind of feel the back has? Is it gritty at all or is it as smooth as a clear case? Trying to find something new that won't slide across a smooth surface.
I have never had an issue with mous cases feeling sharp like everyone is saying, until I got my phone yesterday and put my limitless 5.0 on it… holy moly, this thing has an extra sharp edge right where I hold the damn thing. Love the look of it but the one I have for the 15 pro is almost unusable tbh… what a shame

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Gripmunk for my 15PM. Had a Gripzilla on my 12 and really liked it. Chose the Gripmunk this time because I like the cleaner look. I also have a couple of clear cases I'll use from time to time - Speck and a no-name w/ the magnets built in.

Reactions: justinf77

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
My impression of the Benks Armor Air is less positive. The edges at the front are very sharp, the case feels cheap to me, and the upper left corner of mine doesn’t seat as snugly as the other three corners. I’m trying to get a refund from Benks now and they want me to pay for shipping to get a refund, which I feel is not good customer service for a defective product. I won’t be ordering with Benks again.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I ended up getting a clear Rhinoshield with some different colored buttons and camera ring options. The fit is great, very tight but does accomodate my cheap Amazon screen protector I'm considering getting a lens cover as well. Supposedly the hard plastic of this case prevents or at least slows down the yellow effects (its not TPU its Polycarbonate).

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Here’s some pictures with the case on
I picked up the Spigen Magnetic Mag Armor MagFit for my 15 (in navy) and have been pleased so far. It's simple enough, but the magnet is quite strong (my complaint about prior Spigen MagSafe-compatible cases). I can post some pictures later (don't have a second camera at work), but it looks the same, just with a smaller camera cutout and a cutout for the silent switch.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
My impression of the Benks Armor Air is less positive. The edges at the front are very sharp, the case feels cheap to me, and the upper left corner of mine doesn’t seat as snugly as the other three corners. I’m trying to get a refund from Benks now and they want me to pay for shipping to get a refund, which I feel is not good customer service for a defective product. I won’t be ordering with Benks again.
That’s a shame. I don’t think I’m having any of the issues that you’re having the build quality so perhaps you just got a bad one. They get very good reviews on YouTube as well but yeah I agree with you as you shouldn’t have to pay for shipping to get your money back. That’s not good at all.

Reactions: Supermallet

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I and my partner have apple silicon cases. We’ve always liked the leather cases, but not interested in fine woven this year, so first time using the silicon ones. They’re extremely nice. Very smooth to touch, although they won’t give the best protection, we are not so concerned. Easy to put it on and off, and easy to clean.
What is the best thing to clean them with?

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
What is the best thing to clean them with?
One thing I've found in the past if the Apple Silicone cases get sticky/weird feeling (just due to use and time) is to mix up a baking soda paste, let it dry, and then wash it off. It's restored the more smooth feeling like when it comes out of the box.

Reactions: Hojobones

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone got their hands on the new Spigen Enzo Aramid yet?
I actually got an Enzo for my 14 and I loved it. I emailed Speigen and asked when it would be avaialble and they said Start-Mid October. I don't see it on their website, so I don't know if what's on amazon is legit.

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Comparing my benks armorpro to my mous aramid from last year. The benks is much better. For one it was cheaper. Secondly the sides are rubber rather than plastic. Thirdly the back is fully aramid fiber rather than a mix of plastic and aramid. Fourthly the case is much more comfortable to hold and lastly the buttons are metal rather than plastic. I have no idea why the mous is double the price of the benks.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
I actually got an Enzo for my 14 and I loved it. I emailed Speigen and asked when it would be avaialble and they said Start-Mid October. I don't see it on their website, so I don't know if what's on amazon is legit.
The enzo I see on Amazon just looks like the benks. Literally the same but using cheaper Kevlar

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Last edited:

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I have just received the Apple Sillicone case and so far so good.
I prefer the feel of the case to the Mous Limitless case for sure.

However I prefer the buttons on the Mous case, I find them far more clicky than the Apple case. Is it just me or do I have a defective Apple case? The power button on the Apple case for example isn't very clicky.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have just received the Apple Sillicone case and so far so good.
I prefer the feel of the case to the Mous Limitless case for sure.

However I prefer the buttons on the Mous case, I find them far more clicky than the Apple case. Is it just me or do I have a defective Apple case? The power button on the Apple case for example isn't very clicky.
The Apple silicone case I received today has very cliky buttons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.