Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Sod it. I’m giving it a go. You never know, change might be good. Hopefully the silicone quality has improved since I last tried one.

Thanks @Sal09 for the 10% perks link.

Time will tell as to whether I keep it! View attachment 2282000
Twelve hours after ordering, it’s on my desk. Appears lighter in the photo.

I really, really like the look of this and the feel out the box is amazing. I’ll have to see how it holds up for a couple weeks as to whether I keep it. I think I can get around getting it in and out of my pocket okay haha.
IMG_3219.jpeg

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018

I really, really like the look of this and the feel out the box is amazing. I’ll have to see how it holds up for a couple weeks as to whether I keep it. I think I can get around getting it in and out of my pocket okay haha. View attachment 2282356
Oh gosh.

Two dunks in my pocket and this is what I have
IMG_3870.jpeg

EDIT: although, we have an old 11 pro as an office phone with an apple silicone case on that’s as old as the phone and that’s well worn in and doesn’t really pick up lint so maybe I just need to give it a bit of time to bed in? Never really stuck with silicone long enough to know

Last edited:

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Oh gosh.

Two dunks in my pocket and this is what I have View attachment 2282358

EDIT: although, we have an old 11 pro as an office phone with an apple silicone case on that’s as old as the phone and that’s well worn in and doesn’t really pick up lint so maybe I just need to give it a bit of time to bed in? Never really stuck with silicone long enough to know
I heard that’s the case with these but never ran them long enough to find out. Apparently they are super sticky right out of the box.

HuskerHarley

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln
Oh gosh.

I have used silicone cases for over ten years and have them on my Key Fobs. They are durable; they don't slide off the furniture or a car seat and are very grippy once broken in.
I never cracked a screen when I dropped my phone with a silicone case. I never pay the outrageous price (Apple) for them, always under $20.

I vacuum my pockets when I feel grains & lint in them. Also, I'll pull the pockets inside out when outside if I detect excess lint.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Oh gosh.

Mine doesnt pick lint now. As ive been wiping it off with microfibre cloth every time i pick it up since i got it.

Reactions: iFone88

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
I agree with this except I’d rather pay the extra money for the Apple silicone. I think the finish feels a little better, but that’s just me.

Reactions: maxrest and iFone88

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

I really, really like the look of this and the feel out the box is amazing. I’ll have to see how it holds up for a couple weeks as to whether I keep it. I think I can get around getting it in and out of my pocket okay haha. View attachment 2282356

Just ordered this clay version. Not sure how it will look with by blue phone, but have some outfits it will go with so we’ll see. This will be my third Apple Silicone. I have the light blue and the light blue. I have found the light colors do not pick up lint.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I and my partner have apple silicon cases. We’ve always liked the leather cases, but not interested in fine woven this year, so first time using the silicon ones. They’re extremely nice. Very smooth to touch, although they won’t give the best protection, we are not so concerned. Easy to put it on and off, and easy to clean.
This the storm blue and winter blue colours?

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Just ordered this clay version. Not sure how it will look with by blue phone, but have some outfits it will go with so we’ll see. This will be my third Apple Silicone. I have the light blue and the light blue. I have found the light colors do not pick up lint.

I responded to your request with a photo of the clay with blue iPhone

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I wish there were detailed reviews on the dbrand Ghost Case. The only ones that show them (very briefly) are MKBHD, Dave2D and JRE on their sponsored YouTube videos. It’s such a cool looking case! I may preorder one. The case is currently in production and expected to ship at the end of October.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
My benks armorpro case came. Nice case. Doesn’t show fingerprints like the mous. Only issue is the buttons seem quite sharp around the edges.
Do you mean the inside of the case where the buttons are sharp because I had that on one of the buttons and filed it down with a bit of sandpaper, and it was then perfect. I have two of their cases and I’m now using the armor air case which is superb and as you say hardly no fingerprints on either case

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Do the Apple silicone cases still get sticky after awhile?
I had a silicone case on my previous phone for 2 years and it never got sticky. My wife has 2 different colors for the last 2+ years with no stickiness. After a few weeks, our silicone cases don't pick up too much lint either but we both tend to get lighter color cases! I paired it with the iPhone 12 mini and she has the iPhone 13 mini.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I wish there were detailed reviews on the dbrand Ghost Case. The only ones that show them (very briefly) are MKBHD, Dave2D and JRE on their sponsored YouTube videos. It’s such a cool looking case! I may preorder one. The case is currently in production and expected to ship at the end of October.
Does anyone know if DBrand in general is a good brand overall for quality / drop protection? The ghost case is on my radar but not if it can’t take a drop.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
where did you order from?
So I got the armorpro case from Amazon. It was almost half the price of the Pikata.
The armorair case, I ordered directly from Benks as they were offering 40% discount It arrived from China to the UK in five days. I just love this case I think it’s the best case I’ve ever had

Reactions: Pug72

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
For anyone still debating on ordering a Caudabe Sheath/Synthesis, today is the last day (unless extended) to put in an order and get a 2 for 1 deal. Don't forget to use the 15% off code at checkout.

Sheath/Synthesis ships now with a newly-designed cutout for Apple's new Action button. A version with a button cover for the Action button will be available in early October. Orders placed by 9/27 will receive the cutout version now, and will also be entitled to a complimentary button cover version by request once it's available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.