Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 12 will you purchase?

• iPhone 12 (5.4”)

Votes: 394 28.0%
  • iPhone 12 Max (6.1”)

Votes: 90 6.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro (6.1”)

Votes: 444 31.6%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7”)

Votes: 479 34.0%

• Total voters

Mike82

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
If Pro Motion is activated, the 12 Pro. If both 6.1 inch models run at 60hz, the 12 Max.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Pro or Pro Max. 11PM is barely fitting my pocket as it is. Maybe if they can somehow shrink the top bezel/notch to fill a bigger screen in close to the same size body, I might go PM again. Otherwise down to the regular Pro.

Reactions: JagRunner

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
If I were to upgrade, it'd be a Pro version, unsure which size, probably small version. If the smaller or even non- Pro versions only had the zoom lens I'd be all about it. Wide-angle unfortunately doesn't do it for me. Most likely gonna stay with my Pro Max this year

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
5.4 if it has 4x4 mimo, which it probably won't, so smallest Pro.

If you’re looking at WiFi MIMO, both will probably have 2x2.

If you’re looking at LTE MIMO, the 5.4 would be similar/better than the existing 11.

Either way, it makes 0 difference. For practical purposes there are very few locations where you’ll get 100 Mbps instead of 50 Mbps. And even if you were to get the higher speed, it serves no practical purpose compared to something like getting the right phone size for yourself.
[automerge]1589994962[/automerge]
Wow, so the 12 Pro will be the size of the XR/11?
I guess if I'm buying one, I would get the plain 12 then.

Yup. Apple has shot themselves in the foot with having the smallest Pro sized like a phablet.

Last edited:

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Coming from an 8 plus I will be looking at what's what when everything's announced, it will probably between the new SE (though poor battery endurance has thrown me a bit there) and the two 6.1" models (more likely the Pro if it has under screen TID, though that has now been rumoured as a late 2021 feature). My phone is ok, it will probably last another 18 months ok, but I feel ready to upgrade this year.

Reactions: tommyparadise

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
From this thread it’s obvious most everyone wants the smallest size possible.

The few who don’t would rather go with the largest size possible and not the middle one. The ones who don’t fall in this camp, don’t want the smallest size only because they’ll miss out on essential features. So had the Pro offered a 5.4” model, they would have bought that instead of the 6.1”.

For almost nobody on this thread is price the main/only reason to go with 5.4”. It’s only the cherry on the top. You get the better sized phone. And it happens to be the cheaper one as well.

I have been saying this for ages. The iPhone 6 had the perfect dimensions. If you could make it very slightly smaller but full size, you’ve got a winner on your hand. And people will buy it regardless of how it is priced, of course within reason.

Something like the 5.4” iPhone is the perfect candidate for almost anybody coming from the SE/6-8/X/11 phone sizes. It’s what everybody has wanted all along. The only reason it won’t be the biggest success of all time is because many people also want every single feature available.

So had the iPhone and iPhone Pro both come in 5.4”, Apple would probably have got >70% of their new iPhone sales from just these two models.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
If 5.8" were kept in the lineup, I probably would stick with that. 6.1" is a bit of a reach for me, so I'll be going with the 5.4" if all of the rumors are true.
I agree about 5.8" being a bit of a sweet spot, it's about the size of a 5.0" 16:9 phone, but with the top and bottom bezel turned into screen. Think 5.4" would be a bit small for me so interested in the 6.1" which should still be a bit smaller than my 8 plus while offering more screen area overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.