Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
A better dark mode and not just a smart invert colour feel. Make safari webpages darker as well when dark mode is enabled like Firefox. I’m disappointed with the results. iOS 13 was not like I expected.

At least they could bring safari extensions on iOS.
I agree. The iOS 13 dark mode feels like a cheap, lazy implementation; I’m surprised people are praising it. It looks awful. It’s just a slightly refined version of Smart Invert. I was surprised to see there was an entire dark mode team for iOS 13. Why? What did they do...? Lmao. It reminds me at the cheap pure black skin Androids are using as their dark theme.

We could have this instead: https://www.behance.net/gallery/80675205/iOS-13-Concept-by-Alvaro-Pabesio

Reactions: ct2k7 and dk001

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Sure wish Apple would allow us to choose 'preferred' wifi networks, in iOS, like we could for years with macOS.

So annoying to have my iPhone/iPad jump around to a network that I'd rather avoid! C'mon Apple!

Reactions: dk001

Alan Gordon

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2014
Dawson, GA
  • TV App: HD movies imported from Movies Anywhere missing "HD" tags (4K movies correctly show the right tags) in the TV app, when the iTunes app on tvOS, Mac & PC, and the videos app on old versions of IOS correctly show them.
  • TV App: The ability to browse Family Member's movie/TV purchases.
  • Calendar: The ability to add people's birthdays in your calendars and it showing as a birthday without first adding them to your contact list. (Yes, I realize that you can create your own custom event, but I don't see why this isn't an option).
  • Calendar: The optional ability to display contacts' wedding anniversaries.

Reactions: dk001 and Strutten

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sure wish Apple would allow us to choose 'preferred' wifi networks, in iOS, like we could for years with macOS.

So annoying to have my iPhone/iPad jump around to a network that I'd rather avoid! C'mon Apple!
That would definitely be nice along with a way to manage known networks (as in being able to delete them if you wanted).

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland

Is this different to the "Auto Join" option? That solves my issue in that I occasionally want to use a certain network but only if my other ones aren't working. Prior to that option being available all I could do was delete the network but that meant forgetting the password.

Reactions: ram130

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
Picture in Picture
Call Feature taking up the entire screen
Default apps
A redesigned home screen

But IOS 13 is a step in the right direction. I knew apple would withhold some features for future IOS versions. I just hope IOS 14 or 15 brings along these changes that I want.

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
I agree. The iOS 13 dark mode feels like a cheap, lazy implementation; I’m surprised people are praising it. It looks awful. It’s just a slightly refined version of Smart Invert. I was surprised to see there was an entire dark mode team for iOS 13. Why? What did they do...? Lmao. It reminds me at the cheap pure black skin Androids are using as their dark theme.

We could have this instead: https://www.behance.net/gallery/80675205/iOS-13-Concept-by-Alvaro-Pabesio
Exactly what I think! I'm surprised to see some youtubers praised it saying this is exactly what they expected when the same person said smart invert colour look like crap when it was released when in fact, it look almost the same and in some way, its still more useful than the real dark mode with no safari webpages in dark.

macOS dark mode is way more beautiful and polished. The dark mode alone completely lost my hype for iOS 13 and I'm not so excited anymore. I installed it on my Air 2 and I don't have much interest to mess around with it anymore.

EDIT : And like you said, it it also look like a cheap jailbreak tweak. In fact, many iOS 13 feature feels like a cheap jailbreak tweak like safari download manager. No files implantation ? really ?

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Exactly what I think! I'm surprised to see some you tubers literals saying this is exactly what they expected when the same person said smart invert colour look like crap when it was released when in fact, it look almost the same and in some way, its still more useful than the real dark mode with no safari webpages in dark.

macOS dark mode is way more beautiful and polished. The dark mode alone completely lost my hype for iOS 13 and I'm not so excited anymore. I installed it on my Air 2 and I don't have much interest to mess around with it anymore.

EDIT : And like you said, it it also look like a cheap jailbreak tweak. In fact, many iOS 13 feature feels like a cheap jailbreak tweak like safari download manager. No files implantation ? really ?
Same. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. I was so excited for dark mode after seeing how beautifully it was implemented in MacOS (dark gray > black), and I what astounded with what we were given instead for iOS. Why? Wouldn’t they want the theme to flow elegantly from device to device? It makes no sense, along with their other odd, lazy design choices.

Yep... it seems like Apple only take queues from Android and the jailbreak community for their design language. It’s really sad. And that still ugly Settings app with all those lines remains... ugh. And the five different font sizes and types in the App/iTunes store... why?

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
1. AOD on OLED devices.
2. Incoming calls not taking up the whole screen (PLEASE SUBMIT FEEDBACK GUYS!)
3. Time Until Charged notification
4. Fast charge notification (and fast charger in the box on next iPhone)

Reactions: dk001 and Strutten

gabeboisvert

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
ALWAYS ON DISPLAY

Not keeping pace with this feature makes Android seem more advanced in a very SIMPLE to implement way. I used a Pixel 3 for one day and was incredibly impressed by this. I can’t understand why they wouldn’t option this with their own spin on it like they always do. Weird.

Alan Gordon

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2014
Dawson, GA
2. Incoming calls not taking up the whole screen (PLEASE SUBMIT FEEDBACK GUYS!)

If you're referring to incoming calls taking up the whole screen while in use, I might get why that could be annoying, but if you're complaining about full screen while locked, that's one of my favorite iPhone features.

Reactions: SoYoung

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
If you're referring to incoming calls taking up the whole screen while in use, I might get why that could be annoying, but if you're complaining about full screen while locked, that's one of my favorite iPhone features.
Same. Don't know what's the big deal about this. For my phone usage, phone calls are still the most important thing. A simple banner could easily reject the call by error if I use the phone. I'm not flooded by phone calls so maybe thats why it don't bother me at all to receive full screen notification.

Reactions: Alan Gordon

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
2) a home screen redesign of some kind. If nothing else, the ability to put icons anywhere on the grid rather than always being pinned to the top left corner.

This one really annoys me, especially on iPadOS. We get a clock and some widgets in it but are still stuck with the stupid grid of icons.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Umm...have we got a native calculator app for iPad yet?

The iPad Pro is a frickin' beast of a tablet perhaps justifying it's price. Yet Apple can't/ won't throw in a calculator?

Reactions: mikzn

Alan Gordon

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2014
Dawson, GA
Umm...have we got a native calculator app for iPad yet?

The iPad Pro is a frickin' beast of a tablet perhaps justifying it's price. Yet Apple can't/ won't throw in a calculator?

Picture This:

You're at the Apple Store, and your playing with the iPad Pro, and bring up the Calculator. You start doing math, and how the iPad Pro fits in your budget. You leave the Apple Store.

It's in Apple's best interest not to offer the Calculator app on the iPad. ;):p

Reactions: RayB4

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Same. Don't know what's the big deal about this. For my phone usage, phone calls are still the most important thing. A simple banner could easily reject the call by error if I use the phone. I'm not flooded by phone calls so maybe thats why it don't bother me at all to receive full screen notification.
Its certainly mostly related to while the device is in use. Having a notification option for it similar to others where some type of banner or at least quick dismiss option is available doesn't seem all that strange and would be quite useful to many (while those who don't care for it could have it work the same way that it has been).

8times9

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2018
I was hoping for a better layout for Music on the iPad. The current hamburger menu for the different views is so annoying to use compared to how the iPhone just shows them in a list at the top of the Library tab.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East

The way I get around that is have it set to auto join the ones I prefer and the others I switch auto join off.

At home I have 3 diff networks (1 x 2.4ghz and 2 x 5 ghz). I have both 5ghz set to auto join. My apartment is very long so it will switch between those two depending on where I am. I only have the 2.4ghz for my Sonos system. Oddly I can still be on the 5ghz and control my Sonos which is on the 2.4ghz. All 3 networks have separate SSIDs.

In work again multiple connections available but I only have the ones I prefer set to auto join.
[doublepost=1559717944][/doublepost]Mail notifications still don’t clear between devices. How hard can it be?

If I read a mail on my phone. I still have a notification on the lock screen of my iPad for that email. Yet messages works as it should.

It’s definitely an apple mail issue as it works fine with outlook and spark.

I prefer the stock mail app at the moment but I’ll be heading back to outlook soon if they don’t sort it. I’ve filed numerous feedback for this but it never gets resolved.
It’s not even as if it’s just a small delay. They email notifications will sit there all day until I manually clear or open the app.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
So I watched the Keynote and iOS13 looks like it will be a good and powerful upgrade for us all, however I am disappointed that one feature all of Apples competitors seem to be adding was still missing.

Computational low light photography AKA Night Sight.

When they got to the camera and photos section I was really excited that they might announce Night Sight but alas nothing.

Apple must surely be developing something as Night Sight is one of the big computational photography advancements that is widely praised, and is one area iPhones are lagging behind at the moment.

The thing that worries me as an owner of an XR that is awesome and I’m not looking to upgrade is that it will be restricted to the 2019 iPhones as a cynical ploy to sell this years phones. Rumour has it this years iPhones are a boring update over the 2018 ones and this is precisely the kind of thing the Apple bean counters will use to flog us another £750-1450 worth of phone.

Hopefully they will do what Google did with the Pixel 3 and porting it back to the Pixel 2 and announce it for the 2019 iPhones and back port it to the 2018 and maybe 2017 iPhones.

As hackers have demonstrated this doesn’t require extra hardware as they’ve been able to port Google’s Night Sight to other devices.

Here is to hoping, but knowing Apple they will likely claim the new iPhone has magic hardware that the older ones lack hence no update.

Reactions: duffman9000

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Quoting messages in group chats on iMessage but hey we got new emojis!

Locking specific apps with a toggle per app in the FaceID panel or at least make it possible to lock hidden albums. There’s a reason why they are hidden. Calling an album HIDDEN jut asks to be looked at

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.