Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
Buying the cable would have been easier than writing this post, and much easier than stressing over it.

I don’t know why people look for complicated answers when there is a simple wrong, and then write a post online demonstrating their fake outrage.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
On my MacBook Pro the port I connect the charger to the most has started to feel loose. I wonder why USBC ports start to feel loose after a while?

I’m wondering if the port itself actually in your MacBook is becoming loose, meaning after so many inserts with the cable or if it was jostled/unplugged with too much force can cause a slight tolerance and play with ports. I’ve had this happen in the past, especially if it’s the same port that you repeatedly use over and over again. They can start to ‘wear’.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
I’m wondering if the port itself actually in your MacBook is becoming loose, meaning after so many inserts with the cable or if it was jostled/unplugged with too much force can cause a slight tolerance and play with ports. I’ve had this happen in the past, especially if it’s the same port that you repeatedly use over and over again. They can start to ‘wear’.

I feel Mine’s a little bit loose too, but since I really only have 2 USB-C cables (iPhone cable and charging cable) I couldn’t really decide if it’s loose or I’m going crazy

spooklog

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2015
New Hampshire
The phone DOES connect natively. It connects wirelessly right out of the box via air drop, and iCloud if one chooses. His choice of method to connect is a simple fix. Compatibility is there, and still a better solution than iPhone to windows or android to Mac.

Damn, I forgot about Air Drop. That's totally correct and it's an excellent solution for iPhone -- Mac file sharing. For connectivity and communication between an iPhone and a Mac computer, however, it falls short.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Damn, I forgot about Air Drop. That's totally correct and it's an excellent solution for iPhone -- Mac file sharing. For connectivity and communication between an iPhone and a Mac computer, however, it falls short.

Communication and general connectivity is done wireless through iCloud.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core

I use AirDrop when I’ve got a few images that I want to transfer from iPhone to a Mac, but when I have a whole bunch of images I actually prefer to just plug in the iPhone and use Image Capture to transfer everything over to the Mac.....

Reactions: Shirasaki

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I use AirDrop when I’ve got a few images that I want to transfer from iPhone to a Mac, but when I have a whole bunch of images I actually prefer to just plug in the iPhone and use Image Capture to transfer everything over to the Mac.....
Yep. AirDrop is unstable af when transferring large number of files or super large files, especially when wifi router is bad.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Pretty much use cloud storage for everything these days so any documents and photos are available on all devices at all times, together with wireless charging I really can't remember when I last plugged my iPhone into anything.

Last edited:

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Pretty much use cloud storage for everything these days so any documents and photos are available on all devices at all times, together with wireless charging I really can't remember when I last plugged my iPhone into anything.

this exactly , cloud is future , join in or sign off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.