Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
JPack's analysis was actually correct—he just reached the wrong conclusion from it. His analysis said two things: (1) Because of stock levels, the M1 MBA won't be discontinued; and (b) Because of a lack of noise about a new model (regulatory filings, etc.), an M2 MBA won't be released.

These were both correct.

What he didn't anticipate was that an M2 MBA would be announced but not released at WWDC, which is what happened.

Yes, what really surprised was Apple ate the $100-$150 "price cut" that we would have expected for a 18 month old product. Without such a cut, Apple can paper launch almost anything between $999-$1,999. They could paper launch iPhone 14 today at $899 without negatively affecting iPhone 13 revenue. We didn't see this level of inflationary adjustment three months ago with SE3.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Yes, what really surprised was Apple ate the $100-$150 "price cut" that we would have expected for a 18 month old product. Without such a cut, Apple can paper launch almost anything between $999-$1,999. They could paper launch iPhone 14 today at $899 without negatively affecting iPhone 13 revenue. We didn't see this level of inflationary adjustment three months ago with SE3.

I agree. The Canadian pricing has convinced me to stick with my 2015 Pro for another year. A moderate uplift for the M2, or a discount on the M1 would have seen me pick up an Air, but I will wait.

MayaUser

macrumors 68040
Nov 22, 2021
Lets stop talking about the price increase, it is perfectly fine here. This will translate into the iphone lineup...where the iphone 14 will start at the same price as the iphone 13 but with almost the same SoC ,same design, camera(at least here we got new design, speakers, display, SoC,magsafe,camera)
I want to see the M2 being 30% improved in gpu because that would mean huge improvements for the M2 Max and Ultra
And since the gpu is drawing 16W compared to the 12W from M1...lets see how the fanless design is holding up

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 08.44.54.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 08.44.54.png
    397.1 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Mr47

scrappygolucky

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2018
Lets stop talking about the price increase, it is perfectly fine here. This will translate into the iphone lineup...where the iphone 14 will start at the same price as the iphone 13 but with almost the same SoC ,same design, camera(at least here we got new design, speakers, display, SoC,magsafe,camera)
I want to see the M2 being 30% improved in gpu because that would mean huge improvements for the M2 Max and Ultra
And since the gpu is drawing 16W compared to the 12W from M1...lets see how the fanless design is holding up

People can talk about the price increase if they want to, you don’t get to decide how other people feel.

I would have been fine with the price increase if they had at least bumped the RAM but 8gb is an absolute joke considering what they charge to upgrade.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr47
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.