Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I'm on the side that we will see a new MacBook Air. They've been working on the M1's successor for a long time and this is about when I'd expect it to be announced. Mac leaks are inconsistent, sometimes we get them and sometimes not.
I understand conjecture in the months and weeks leading up to WWDC, but in the days and hours beforehand, what's the point? Just wait.

NB - I understand this is not how human brains & excitement work...
Maybe speculating is just fun ;)

Reactions: alexonline

MayaUser

macrumors 68040
Nov 22, 2021
This should come into a warning, probably this guy made some users to buy the M1 MBA because of this miss-information

Reactions: alexonline

NewBench

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2010
Pricing for the base M2 MBA at $1100+ is steep. Keeping the M1 at $999 is also not great.

Latest Air should always be under $1k IMO, with that pricing for the M2 you might as well buy a MBP, kind of defeats the pricing point.

Reactions: LinusR

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
But a notch :confused:

13" MB Pro... looks like B & H had the right info, we'll see soon.
Who the heck cares about the notch being there? You get that extra 3/4 of a centimetre that otherwise wouldn't be there. The notch is great! :) And it's in the menu bar anyway. No probs, bring it on! :)

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
Pricing for the base M2 MBA at $1100+ is steep. Keeping the M1 at $999 is also not great.

Latest Air should always be under $1k IMO.
Tell that to Presidents Trump and Biden who printed TRILLIONS of dollars during COVID. A US dollar isn't worth what it once was, be grateful Apple didn't raise prices higher.

NewBench

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2010
If it comes with 16GB RAM standard, the pricing is fine.
Well, it makes it more bearable at that price if it's 16GB but I'd still say it should be sub-$1k given most buyers of the MBA are students. Even with an educational discount it's above $1k.

NewBench

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2010
Tell that to Presidents Trump and Biden who printed TRILLIONS of dollars during COVID. A US dollar isn't worth what it once was, be grateful Apple didn't raise prices higher.
I'm in the UK and recently our pricing has been matching the US (e.g. $999 = £999 for Apple products, or a little less but still not matching the exchange rate).

With inflation and cost of living rises over here higher than nearly everywhere else in the western world, this is going to be even more brutal for us Brits....£1100+ for the M2 is painful.

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
I'm in the UK and recently our pricing has been matching the US (e.g. $999 = £999 for Apple products, or a little less but still not matching the exchange rate).

With inflation and cost of living rises over here higher than nearly everywhere else in the western world, this is going to be even more brutal for us Brits....£1100+ for the M2 is painful.
Same for us in Australia... US prices still the cheapest for US users, for the rest of us... ouch! Thank goodness for Apple Pay Later. We just have to save more, sadly. But yes, the pound is so strong compared with other currencies, a shame it's not reflected in the price. It used to be cheaper to fly to the US to buy Adobe Suite (before it went cloud) and come back with money still in your pocket compared with the Australian price vs the US price.

Thanks to the politicians and bankers who do not respect the money we've earned and use their powers to inflate away debt and tax us through inflation - one day they will pay!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.