Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
What the hell, I hardly ever participate in these threads, but thought I'd dig some stuff up...

img2979nw0.jpg

img3000to6.jpg

img3079xx4.jpg

img3136vd5.jpg

Ok, I admit, those were from the zoo. But these are real!

img2671bc4.jpg

img3292go2.jpg

img3308th1.jpg

img3348in2.jpg

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
My pet dog :)

elephant_grass(2386).jpg

Katavi NP, Tanzania

Our building is being rennovated, and my boss is going to be temporarily moving into a room with no windows. We're looking at printing out a 20" x 30" of this one to give him something to look at.

-hh

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Katavi NP, Tanzania

Our building is being rennovated, and my boss is going to be temporarily moving into a room with no windows. We're looking at printing out a 20" x 30" of this one to give him something to look at.

-hh

I would dig a wall sized mural of that huge dog!:D

This is a Florida pigeon... aka seagull in other parts of the world.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
I would dig a wall sized mural of that huge dog!:D

This is a Florida pigeon... aka seagull in other parts of the world.

They're not called seagulls everywhere. My parents live on Delaware Bay, so they of course have to call them baygulls :D

Here's another couple of puppies...same trip, Ruaha National Park:

river(3655).jpg

Since we're trying to go for an 'outdoor' look, we've been having some debate over the question of if the image needs to show a skyline or not. The first elephant shot doesn't, but this does, etc.

I'll try to have a quick look through some other candidates this weekend and put up a new thread.

-hh

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I know this is kind of a cheesy picture of a dolphin, but she was in the wild.:D
dolphinze3.jpg

I see them every day if it's glassy... early morning they swim by and sometimes show off in the waves. Timing and where to point the lens can be challenging as the dolphins only reveal themselves occasionaly and they've always moved somewhere else. :p

iSaint

macrumors 603
I know this is kind of a cheesy picture of a dolphin, but she was in the wild.:D

I see them every day if it's glassy... early morning they swim by and sometimes show off in the waves. Timing and where to point the lens can be challenging as the dolphins only reveal themselves occasionaly and they've always moved somewhere else. :p

Do you/Have you had any close encounters?

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Have you had any close encounters?
I get mixed feelings around the dolphins. On the one hand, they're arch-enemies with the sharks, so I feel more comfortable seeing the mammal version of the dorsal fin.;) On the other hand, I have paddled very close to a pod of them, and got the eery feeling that if they considered me a threat (their younguns were present) I could have a real problem!:eek: Truthfully, tho - never been any closer than this
picture2zf7.jpg

at Sea World.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.