Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Yes - running an iPhone XR 128GB that I got back in April 2019. Getting kind of glitchy!

Do folks generally think the new phones will be available this week following the event?
If Apple stays true to their recent release schedules, pre-orders should commence on Friday (15th) after the keynote, with devices available the following Friday (22nd). Only a few more hours to find out…

Reactions: jtrue28

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
It would be a first if Apple announced new iPhones at an event and they would be available for purchase online and in Apple stores the following day. Usually, it’s a week gap between the Apple event and the phones being in people's hands.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

JDP1970

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
It will depend on whether the UK 15 Pro Max has a physical SIM card. If it’s eSIM only I’ll stick with my 13 Pro Max, if it still has the physical SIM, I’ll upgrade based on the theory that the 16 will be eSIM only. The physical SIM card slot is a complete deal breaker for me.

JDP1970

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I don’t think they’re going back. eSIM forever now.
Well unless the eSIM adoption/conversion/switch process improves, once my 13 Pro Max reaches the end of usefulness, I’ll have three choices; buy my iPhone’s overseas, switch to Android or, carry an iPhone and an Android - I’m really not keen on the latter.

I’ve nothing against eSIM as long as the conversion/switch/adoption process works flawlessly and very importantly, GLOBALLY. At the moment that’s simply not the case and an eSIM only iPhone is not for me.

ab2c4

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2013
I have a 13 and am so sick of the flat sides. So, it’s up to Apple. If the 15’s have rounded sides I’ll get one. If not I’ll probably switch back to Android.

Last edited:

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I don’t think they’re going back. eSIM forever now.
Still there at least in France ! So I guess all EU countries .

Attachments

• IMG_8407.PNG
    IMG_8407.PNG
    128 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: jtrue28

Fanboy_

macrumors member
May 20, 2021
I was decided that I wont update to 15pm. But something went wrong at 8:15 AM EST. Now I will pick it up at the store on the launch day.
I am on board the USS 15Pm.

Reactions: krebphone

Appltsla

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2021
Have a 13PM now, upgraded from XS Max previously. Have always hated the weight. Upgrading just because titanium is quite a bit lighter. Still heavier than XS Max but not as significant as 13PM. Could also use it without the case as they made case back replaceable now so less concerns about breaking it.

Mrs. Jobs

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
🇸🇬 SINGAPORE
The titanium frame isn’t a huge deal, usb-c isn’t either. I usually upgrade only for the camera. That’s all I care about on an iPhone, how well does it capture imagery. The 14 pro max I have already has a great camera, the 15 pro will still be 48mp but with a slightly (20% or so) larger sensor. The other two cameras are still going to use lame 12mp sensors. Well that’s not good enough. They need to be increased to 24mp at a minimum for any real use. So, I’ll probably wait this one out.

Reactions: C0ncreteBl0nde

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
Does anyone know when youtubers will start posting battery life tests etc? Do they get their hands on 15's earlier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.