Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fanboy_

macrumors member
May 20, 2021
I've got a 14 Pro, debated about upgrading but was going to see what the upgrades were, and looking at it thinner bezels aint enough of a justification for me unless Apple surprise us with something that hasn't been leaked - pretty much impossible to do in this day and age

I feel like I'm one of the very few people that doesn't really care for USB-C and actually enjoy lightning cables, so I'm going to give the 15 a miss and see what happens next year

14 Pro is still a fantastic device
me too... I have been on an annual upgrade since 7. Not sure if I want to ditch 14pm for 15pm/ultra with not much incremental benefit. May be next year it would be a flip phone

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
yes but the question is will the block charger be included in the phone? or does everyone have to buy it seperately.??

solq

Suspended
Sep 9, 2022
I'll wait for the full announcement before making up my mind, but at the moment it looks like a no go.

After careful consideration, I don't want the Pro Max because of size, no 1-hand usability, and horrific price for a 512Gb model (it will get to ~$2000 here where I live if they increase the US price by as little as $100), and I won't settle for a worse camera in the smaller Pro model.

Not a huge fan of the pillbox cutout in the screen either. Whatever animations they put around it, it's still ugly and in the screen. I think it was a stupid design decision. They could have made a much smaller and unobtrusive notch.

Also, I am really not looking forward to setting up a new phone, the banking apps and all the logins are a pain. I will only do it if I have a good reason to do it.

Perhaps next year.

If Apple moves to eSIM only for European phones, this is a deal-breaker, I will give up on the iPhone and move back to Android. I want to be able to easily swap SIMs.

Reactions: JDP1970

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
yes but the question is will the block charger be included in the phone? or does everyone have to buy it seperately.??

I doubt it’ll be included, but a lot of people likely already have them from other devices. I already use that type of block for my iPad and watch.

Carlsberg69

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2023
well they should include the brick for the price of the phone that customers will be paying for.. pay 2-3k for a phone + on top of that 40 bucks extra for the brick..
Totally agree on this!!! On the other hand I can understand and go along with the sustainability argument here, most customers already have bricks and possibilities to charge already.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Im keeping my 14PM. 1rst time since the X I haven’t upgraded annually.
Now you're playing it right.

Don't subscribe to ANY corporation, especially one that asks $1000+ per year for a product that's not anywhere near that value better than the previous years' iteration.

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
well they should include the brick for the price of the phone that customers will be paying for.. pay 2-3k for a phone + on top of that 40 bucks extra for the brick..
The brick changed from USBA to USBC several phones back (can’t remember if it was 12 or 13). The cord included in the box had already changed but no brick came with it. We ended up buying several bricks and MagSafe chargers because the cords in the box didn’t work with any of the bricks we had at home. That was a large added expense that we didn’t expect at the time.

• Angry
Reactions: Davidnguyen_89

Claudia P

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2016
Yes I will be upgrading from iPhone 13 Pro. Last spring when I bought my Apple Watch Series 8 I also bought a Belkin fast wireless charger that fast charges both my iPhone 13 and watch, am I correct in believing that it will still work with the 15 pro Max, Ultra, Super Size, (whatever they are calling the big one today)? I bought the "brick" when I got my iPnone 13 Pro, will the brick for that still work in the chance that I have to spend time in the hospital?

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Coming from the 13 Pro Max I'll be making the jump, mostly for the camera and better resolution. I was upgrading annually but have decided to do it every two years instead now, otherwise the changes seem negligible for the most part.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Very true. I got caught up in the dynamic island hype, and while it is pretty good for what it does, it’s still just a marketing tool. But like you said, hindsight is 20/20. I’ll enjoy my 14 PM until I get the 15 PM.

I get this, however I don't think it's just a marketing tool. I really like the Dynamic Island, using it with Apple Maps is great, also other Apps to interact with without opening the actual app is also great. AirPods to see how much charge I have left, granted Apple could add more functionality to it and improve it with software BUT I don think it's just marketing hype.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I get this, however I don't think it's just a marketing tool. I really like the Dynamic Island, using it with Apple Maps is great, also other Apps to interact with without opening the actual app is also great. AirPods to see how much charge I have left, granted Apple could add more functionality to it and improve it with software BUT I don think it's just marketing hype.
I agree, actually. It is great for the things that it does do, I guess I just don't get a lot of use of it. But I agree, when I need to use maps, the DI is very convenient. Same goes for seeing my AP charge.

Reactions: Dave245

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
plus i don't see how its saving the environment if every year apple will just be releasing new phones with minor tweaks except for the 6'7 inch ones. might as well add a charging brick with it. afterall they are taking our money anyways.

solq

Suspended
Sep 9, 2022
A bit of a solution in search of a problem, if I may say so. I have the Airpods Pro and the Beats Fit Pro and have zero issues knowing the battery life, there's a battery widget that shows the pods and the box...

As for Apple Maps, are people actually using that? I thought it was all Waze and Google Maps, or is that only Europe? They show traffic and Apple Maps has no data since nobody's using it.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
A bit of a solution in search of a problem, if I may say so. I have the Airpods Pro and the Beats Fit Pro and have zero issues knowing the battery life, there's a battery widget that shows the pods and the box...

As for Apple Maps, are people actually using that? I thought it was all Waze and Google Maps, or is that only Europe? They show traffic and Apple Maps has no data since nobody's using it.

I don’t know about everyone else but I use Apple Maps. Having the Dynamic island isn’t essential, but it is nice to have. I like using it with Apple Music and other apps, being able to change my music or check a direction while inside another app is useful.

I do think Apple should add more functionality to it tho. With it coming to the iPhone 15 across the board, maybe this year it will get more attention.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I honestly do not know if it will be worth it to me upgrading to the 15 pro for a new charger and incremental upgrades... paying off the current phone early just to get it makes no sense either...

Reactions: Davidnguyen_89

chevman

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
Yes - running an iPhone XR 128GB that I got back in April 2019. Getting kind of glitchy!

Do folks generally think the new phones will be available this week following the event?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.