Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
I have a XS Max, planning on upgrading to the 15 pro. Potentially the 14 if I think USB-C will be too much of a hassle.

Phone is in great shape, just the comms are terrible. LTE disconnects constantly, wifi is up and down. Nothing wrong with the processor or screen, it’s the “internet communication device“ aspect that is failing.
You might want to try Reset Network Settings before you make a decision on that, or even Reset All Settings. Be a shame to erase it before resale only to find there was nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: ZebraDude

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Not sure if I posted already or not, but I’m on the fence. My 14 pro is fine, but I was on the fence about going to a pro max last year, and I find myself wishing I had the larger phone.

Considering pro max or possibly just 15+ depending on features.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
There are rumours the 16 is the bigger upgrade when it does come out. Any truth this year will be an incremental update and I should wait?

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Still very happy with my 13 Pro Max. Doubt if I will upgrade unless there is something which knocks my socks off with the newer phones. Also I hate the removal of the physical SIM. I like being able to take the SIM out and put it in any phone that I choose that accepts them. Takes like only a minute or two -- and the hardest part for me anyway is removing the case from my older phone.

And my guess is Apple will widen it's eSIM only phones to all of North America and possibly most of Europe as well.

jfim88

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Spain
I’m very happy with my 13PM, but will see what the 15 offers and think about it.

My wife will upgrade from it’s regular 12.

Flowstates

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2023
From what some leakers had shared, we should see a hole notch next year.

The killer features for this one being the bezel and the usb-c port.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
No just moved into a house and have paper shades lol. Too many things to buy for a house.

Plus is it really going to change my phone use from my 14 pro?

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
I’ve upgraded yearly since the 12. This year, I decided to “downgrade” from 14PM to the 13 Mini. I love having the latest and greatest but I love the Mini form factor more.

Reactions: Breezygirl

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
I keep coming back to this thread and reading everyone’s responses to see if I can convince myself to not upgrade lol
Haha I feel you. I’m a sucker for getting caught up in the hype & marketing. However, I realise every single year I’ve succumbed to that hype, I feel meh after a month or so.

It honestly feels like a bit of an addiction (Appleholics Anonymous) and it’s just breaking the habit.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Haha I feel you. I’m a sucker for getting caught up in the hype & marketing. However, I realise every single year I’ve succumbed to that hype, I feel meh after a month or so.

It honestly feels like a bit of an addiction (Appleholics Anonymous) and it’s just breaking the habit.

Same here. If I’d have gone with the pro max last year, I wouldn’t even be considering an upgrade this year. At least I feel like if I DO upgrade to the larger phone (either pro max or plus), and have USB-C, I would be able to skip a year or two. I’d definitely like to get on an every other year phone and every other year watch, so I was never doing both at the same time. I’m definitely not upgrading my watch, so I figure I may go ahead and do the phone since I’m on the fence anyway.

Honestly I really haven’t cared much about switching to USB-C, but it would simplify things to have one charger/cable combo that would work for all the devices around here.

Reactions: ctjack

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
What are you doing? Why are you trying to convince someone with a 14PM to upgrade one year later???

The 14PM deserves to be used for at least 3 years.

Why people feel like they need to upgrade from one flagship to another every year is beyond comprehension.
WE MUST KEEP APPLE RICH!!!!!!!!! KEEEP FEEDING THE $$ MACHINE

• Haha
Reactions: Carlsberg69

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I keep coming back to this thread and reading everyone’s responses to see if I can convince myself to not upgrade lol
What do you have currently?

Self-control from spending thousands on a phone that's not going to complete your life any more than one that's 2-3 years old, is pretty easy.

Social media (main use for most) won't be any better on the latest model...

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
People just get tired of things.

I'm on 12 Pro and a 15 Pro Max would be a nice upgrade. 120hz, dynamic island, better battery, more ram, periscope lens, new frame material, better camera. Am I missing anything?

Reactions: maxrest

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
People just get tired of things.

I'm on 12 Pro and a 15 Pro Max would be a nice upgrade. 120hz, dynamic island, better battery, more ram, periscope lens, new frame material, better camera. Am I missing anything?
3 generation gap, so makes sense, especially for battery & RAM. These are things you should notice in your day to day usage.

120Hz on such a small screen that’s already fluid at 60Hz & dynamic island (Not made full advantage of yet by many popular Apps)…maybe not so much.

Periscope Lens/Camera…Understandable. More zoom has been missed on iPhones for too long.

Frame Material… Not sure what benefit is here - unless it makes for a lighter chassis.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Same here. If I’d have gone with the pro max last year, I wouldn’t even be considering an upgrade this year. At least I feel like if I DO upgrade to the larger phone (either pro max or plus), and have USB-C, I would be able to skip a year or two. I’d definitely like to get on an every other year phone and every other year watch, so I was never doing both at the same time. I’m definitely not upgrading my watch, so I figure I may go ahead and do the phone since I’m on the fence anyway.

Honestly I really haven’t cared much about switching to USB-C, but it would simplify things to have one charger/cable combo that would work for all the devices around here.
This 15 lineup seems like a keeper with their usbc. Wife has 14pm that i am not hesitant to trade in - i think 13 pm was a better phone or upgrade year to year.

Reactions: xxray and Djones96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.