Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
With the high cost of living, everything jumping 30-50%, 12 interest rate increases, tanking AU dollar, pretty sure upgraders will be the under 40's renting or living at home lol
No doubt apple will still hold back stock to make them look like they are flying out the door and hard to get.

• Haha
Reactions: 1rottenapple

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Last year, the iPhone 14 was the first time I skipped an iPhone generation. Still on my 13 PM. Considering going another year. Inflation is rough. We will be paid off to Verizon this month. Looking to possible switch to Mint Mobile for even more savings.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Last year, the iPhone 14 was the first time I skipped an iPhone generation. Still on my 13 PM. Considering going another year. Inflation is rough. We will be paid off to Verizon this month. Looking to possible switch to Mint Mobile for even more savings.
And you are not losing! We upgraded my wife from 13PM to 14PM and battery life went from 13hrs to 9.5 hrs straight.
Dynamic island is annoying for my taste. Genshin Impact is lagging on a top end smartphone due to 120hz problems.
It still dims during the summer when hot. Overall it was very so-so upgrade on our part except 48 MP(it is mind blowing difference) - but wife is not even using that.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
I've heard about the three year iPhone design cycle. Might be a stupid question, but where are we that at the moment with regards to the upcoming 15? Do we think it'll be an incremental update?

vyral_143

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2023
Though my 13 is doing fine, I have exhausted storage. I think I would need 256GB variant. Wife would probably see upgrade from her 11. If base 15 inherits camera from 14 Pros, once can hope for '2x zoom' along with extra RAM, better battery and 'faster' proccy.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Currently have the 14 Pro Max.
The announcement is a few weeks away and I still have no idea what they are going to announce that is the big feature.

So far, I know...
It will be more expensive.
The bezels will be almost non-existent (current bezels are invisible to me now)
USB-C (nice but not a feature, more of a mandate)
Camera improvements (I expect this will be the meat of the presentation)
Pro Max a little bigger?

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Yes. Had a 14 PM since launch and sold it two weeks ago in anticipation of the 15 PM.

Currently using a 12 mini to tie me over haha
Did you get it from that amaysim deal? I got 2 used one for a while after selling my 13 max, then got a brand new 14 pro 256gb off FBM for $1KAUD (bargain), so sold them both, even got the sims on both refunded from amaysim.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Did you get it from that amaysim deal? I got 2 used one for a while after selling my 13 max, then got a brand new 14 pro 256gb off FBM for $1KAUD (bargain), so sold them both, even got the sims on both refunded from amaysim.
Yeh I got the 12 mini from the amaysim deal. Cost me about AUD$300 for the phone from memory which is unheard of for any new Apple device that’s less than 2 yrs old.

I think I’ll keep the 12 mini as a backup phone when I wait for the new phone every year.

Reactions: Surfsalot

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
I’m really considering just getting a pixel 7a to replace my iPhone 11.
What’s your thoughts on it?

juice3250

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
I'm likely going to trade in my Pixel 7 pro for the 15PM. I hate that all the high end Android phones in the U.S. have curved edges on the screens. There's too many camera features absent from mid range phones for me to consider staying on Android. I kept looking at the S23 ultra and plus but I didn't like how the screen and cameras aren't as good on the S23 plus. I'm just tired of the inconsistency of Android phones. My Pixel 7 pro has been very disappointing. I was set to stay on it for a long time, but the hardware is unreliable. I enjoyed my iPhone 12 pro the last time I was on iOS.

My only issue will be selling my Galaxy watch 5. I'll have to do without a smart watch for a while. Maybe I'll look into the AW SE.

Reactions: maxrest and RRC

bhall110

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Short answer Yes. I have had every iPhone so why stop now. I have been looking forward to getting the USB-C port on my iPhone for the last 3 years. I only have 2 pieces of tech that don’t charge via the USB-C port AirPods and my iPhone this year I get to get rid of at least one. Fingers crossed for thunderbolt support in the pro.

Reactions: AlexJ092

Marty80

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
I am still using a iphone 12 pro max, based on the rumor mill, i prefer to wait for next years Iphone 16 ultra. Given the screen is going larger.

nerdgenius

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2017
I’ll only upgrade if the cameras are a big deal. I currently have the 13 Pro Max and my battery health is still at 100% after almost 2 years of use. I only use 5/12 watt chargers from my older iPhone and iPads and it’s help tremendously with battery health. Plus I can sell it on swappa as it’s the last model with the sim and it’s a highly sought after model.

Now the cameras on the 13 pro max I do not like as everything looks painted and would be my only reason for the upgrade.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Now the cameras on the 13 pro max I do not like as everything looks painted and would be my only reason for the upgrade.
Probably it is not going to happen for a long time. 14PM is also painted and i don't see a reason why 15PM would not be a messy paint as well. Though shooting RAW helps so if you are into it then it might help - others are not into editing RAW thus keep enjoying the paint.

nerdgenius

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2017
Probably it is not going to happen for a long time. 14PM is also painted and i don't see a reason why 15PM would not be a messy paint as well. Though shooting RAW helps so if you are into it then it might help - others are not into editing RAW thus keep enjoying the paint.

I miss 12pro camera it was sharp and well detailed and had the ability to turn off apples HDR mess.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.