Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QuietGamer

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
US
Most likely. Hoping the 3nm chip and x70 modem will get ProMax battery life in the reg 15Pro size. I am over the 14PM size and weight. Love my 13 Mini but the battery life is short. Having 2 phones on the same # has been an interesting journey but the occasional tech issues are no longer worth tolerating. Hoping to get back to 1 phone for simplicity.

Reactions: ht5pilot

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
14 Pro here and fully intending to get the 15 Pro Max when it comes out. It’s also a trickle down year so rather than sell the 14P it will go to my partner and her 12 will go to her sister etc

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I hope so. I like my iPhone 11 and it will certainly get me through another year, but I am hoping to upgrade to the 15PM IF my eyes can tolerate the OLED display (PWM & dithering). I want the biggest display I can get as I basically use my phone like a mini tablet. I've been unable to use any OLED iPhone so every single year since the X I live in the hope that "this is the year"! The anticipation during September is a fever pitch for me.
I’m good on my refurbished 12 Pro Max in terms of pwm tolerance, but I still own my 14 Pro Max. I would have loved to keep the 14 Pro Max. I love the purple and I got 1TB with the thought that I would hold this phone for at least 2 years.

The 12 Pro Max modem isn’t as good with connectivity. When I was with my husband at a particular location a few days ago he had a good 5G signal and I had 1 bar LTE. :( I’m also getting back into hiking so I want that emergency satellite feature back.

So yeah I’m going to try my luck with the 15’s also. I will try all of them until I find one that doesn’t give me pwm problems. I’ll start with the 15 Pro Max and work my way back down. My 14 Pro Max will go in trade.

I’m not going for 1TB this time, though. Pro Raw ended up being a pain in my backside because most of my photography turns out being meant for instant sharing and not for artistic expression.

• Love
Reactions: jimmy_uk

Frankenstein's Fat Foot

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2021
Because phones cost so much now, I'm really trying to keep my phones for longer. I just did 3 years with a SE and got a iPhone 14 pro max 2 weeks ago. I'm really trying to look after this one and I'd be happy if I can get 5 years out of it.

As I'm getting older I find it more financially wasteful to keep changing every 2 years. although I find I'm battling with my inner teenager who tells me to get the newest device so will have to see how I get on!
Nuts buying a 14 pro max now when the 15 is a few weeks away. Even if you dont want the 15, the 14 you have just bought will be discounted once the 15 lands.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
I've only had a 14 for a few months but I dislike it so much that I am now seriously considering a 15 plus, or maybe even Pro Max depending on the monthly cost.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
14 Pro here and fully intending to get the 15 Pro Max when it comes out. It’s also a trickle down year so rather than sell the 14P it will go to my partner and her 12 will go to her sister etc
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing tbh. I had the 14 Pro Max but felt it was too heavy. I am very intrigued by the idea of a lighter titanium 15 Pro Max.

I do find the Pro Max awkward to use at times however it makes for the very best two handed typing experience personally.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
I will be upgrading in September. I upgrade every year and pass my previous phones down to family members and sell one of the older devices that my one replaces to put towards buying my new iPhone sim free 😄

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Nuts buying a 14 pro max now when the 15 is a few weeks away. Even if you dont want the 15, the 14 you have just bought will be discounted once the 15 lands.
Don’t they just discontinue the pro line immediately but keep the regular line after a new iPhone release? Not sure, but where I live people still want that sim tray so buying now isn’t all that crazy an idea.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
For people who are already in the iPhone Upgrade Program is 780+ credit score great or does it need to be higher? I had 800 but it drop to 780 since I don't have any bills will this affect me if I join the iPhone upgrade program?

Frankenstein's Fat Foot

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2021
Don’t they just discontinue the pro line immediately but keep the regular line after a new iPhone release? Not sure, but where I live people still want that sim tray so buying now isn’t all that crazy an idea.
Amazon and carriers always discount following the new release to clear through their stock. If it were me I would return it and watch Amazon when the 15 is released.

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing tbh. I had the 14 Pro Max but felt it was too heavy. I am very intrigued by the idea of a lighter titanium 15 Pro Max.

I do find the Pro Max awkward to use at times however it makes for the very best two handed typing experience personally.
I’ve been happy with the Pro but i had the 13PM and have recently started missing the size

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
I will be upgrading in September. I upgrade every year and pass my previous phones down to family members and sell one of the older devices that my one replaces to put towards buying my new iPhone sim free 😄
Similar here. I usually sell my phone to fund sim free new one then every 3rd year or so my phone moves down the chain instead

Reactions: AlexJ092

Rembixe

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Probably not.

Still using a 12 Pro and is quite happy with it.

I used to upgrade my phone every year but for the last 2-3 generations of phones there has not been any features that justifies the upgrade for me.

Better cameras are great but most of the pictures I take are of receipts for travel expenses or stuff I need to buy so quality not that important.

If Apple was to launch a feature like Samsungs Dex I would be upgrading ASAP at pretty much any price they would charge me.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
I’m excited for the upgrade from iPhone 11 to iPhone 15 pro. It’s gonna be a huge upgrade for me since I’ve had my iPhone 11 November 2019. The last true great iPhone before COVID

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
No. My iPhone SE 2022 is doing what I need a phone to do. An extra benefit is that the display does not cause PWM problems.

Pepperfection

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2017
Depends how big of a jump is camera wise 12 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max/Ultra. I upgrade mainly for the camera cuz I travel a lot.

jfeathe

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2015
Just replaced my 12 Pro battery so will need to see something amazing to upgrade. The rumors haven't shown me anything worth an upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.