Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I have been hot and cold on the idea.

A part of me was really keen to get the 15 Pro Max, mainly due to:
- USB-C (finally my iPhone and iPad can share a charging cable again!)
- Possibility of periscope camera for better zoom
- possibility of upgrade to 8GB RAM (for longevity)
- 3nm A17

Now that I am reading that it may only come with 6GB RAM, not sure I will get it, but let’s wait and see what Apple present, I could change my mind. I have been meaning to get a new iPhone so that I can give my 13 Pro Max to a relative, but we will see.

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
I'm on the fence. I most likely will. Ive had every Iphone since this 3G.. I cant imagine myself stopping now. I mainly use magsafe charging... the smaller bezels although so incremental the combination of that and USB C and the action button will probably make me change my mind on pre order date.

The presentations also always gets me lol

Reactions: xxray

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
I wanted a 15 non pro because of USB-c, but given the latest rumor about the 15 non pro getting the 14 Pro's processor, I think I'll skip. No upgrade is no upgrade...

ht5pilot

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
MS
Plan to upgrade from iPhone 13 Pro Max to iPhone 15 Pro because of weight and size issues. My current phone is just too heavy to hold after an extended time of use. Even after using it for roughly 2 years now, I still haven’t gotten use to the seer weight or the gigantic screen size. The battery is awesome, but I think form factor is overriding everything for me now.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I'm considering it. Depends if apple tones down or gives me the option like the 12 pro max to turn off the processing of pictures. I can't stand how bad the pictures are on the 13 pro max sometimes

Zest28

Suspended
Jul 11, 2022
Going from iPhone 11 Pro Max --> iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Seems there are enough features now to warrant an upgrade.

And the battery life is supposedly improved also.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Going from iPhone 11 Pro Max --> iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Seems there are enough features now to warrant an upgrade.

And the battery life is supposedly improved also.
iPhone 13 Pro Max is already an upgrade in terms of battery life...

Bigger battery and more efficient chip even with 5G network...

LiDAR introduced in iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max is already an upgrade for photography/videography when it comes to dark scenes/low light shooting... However it has a smaller battery compared to iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max and it introduced 5G network...

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68010
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I have the 14 Plus and I'm thinking about upgrading but it depends on what the prices are and what the trade value is. I would like Dynamic Island and I guess the 120 htz is better than 60 but I really haven't noticed sluggishness. I have used the 14+ for close to a year and it's been a very nice phone.

aespana

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2020
I used to upgrade just about every year. But since 13 mini will be the last of the small phone, I will hold on to it as long as I can ... unless Apple changes its mind and makes another mini down the road.
I'm with you. Since Apple killed the Mini, all those who own one will just stick with the Mini as long as possible since the next size is just to big.

I had a 13 Mini that was sadly stolen but now i have a 12 Mini and after using some other phone in the meanwhile, returning to this desing is just amazing. Love the size, design and performance of this little phone

inthequantum

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I was planning on upgrading to the 15 PM but I think I’ll just wait till the 16 PM. I’m really happy with my 14 PM so I think I’ll try and hold out the urge to upgrade just for the latest and greatest
what's your maximum battery capacity at with your iPhone 14PM?

Gaven

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2011
Sitting on the fence now. I have a 13 Pro Max with warranty ending in end Sep, if I upgrade to 14 Pro Max now I only need to top up half of amount as compared to the potential new prices of 15 Pro Max with also the selling of the 13 Pro Max. What should I do?

Reactions: StardustRedding

StardustRedding

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2021
Sitting on the fence now. I have a 13 Pro Max with warranty ending in end Sep, if I upgrade to 14 Pro Max now I only need to top up half of amount as compared to the potential new prices of 15 Pro Max with also the selling of the 13 Pro Max. What should I do?

I would get the iPhone 14 pro max if you are okay with the lightning port. I know some say the battery life is terrible but others say they have great battery with it… if you have an 11 or older, do it. The value will cut in half for the 15 series if you decide to trade in then

9512tacoma

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
I have a 12 pro and was considering the 15 pro but if they can’t put the periscope camera in that model I will skip the 15 Pro. The features just don’t entice me enough on what has been rumored. I miss the S days where they had such a great feature that made me want to upgrade. 3GS video, 4S Siri, 5S Touch ID, 6S 3D Touch, 10 face id, 12 pro 5g. I just don’t see it with action button and titanium for $1100.

Reactions: StardustRedding

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
I have a 12 pro and was considering the 15 pro but if they can’t put the periscope camera in that model I will skip the 15 Pro. The features just don’t entice me enough on what has been rumored. I miss the S days where they had such a great feature that made me want to upgrade. 3GS video, 4S Siri, 5S Touch ID, 6S 3D Touch, 10 face id, 12 pro 5g. I just don’t see it with action button and titanium for $1100.
HONESTLY! I remember when 5S was launched with TouchID! I even skip keynotes since 12, I’m just not that excited anymore

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
Because phones cost so much now, I'm really trying to keep my phones for longer. I just did 3 years with a SE and got a iPhone 14 pro max 2 weeks ago. I'm really trying to look after this one and I'd be happy if I can get 5 years out of it.

As I'm getting older I find it more financially wasteful to keep changing every 2 years. although I find I'm battling with my inner teenager who tells me to get the newest device so will have to see how I get on!

Nepera

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2017
Going from Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra to iPhone 15 pro max / ultra.
Back to apple garden.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.