Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
please tell how does a usb-c port get you excited?
My iPad Pro 12.9” has a USB-C and….well it’s ok I guess. Personally I feel that the lighting connection holds much tighter. USB-C does nothing for me. It’s being added due to technological demands. Car & trucks have them in the console now, not lightning. USB-C doesn’t charge any faster from what I’ve seen. Charging too fast is bad for the battery anyway. I charge my iPhones randomly, never do I leave it plugged in overnight, I charge to 85% and disconnect. Battery health on both iPhone 14 pro max iPhones is still at 100% from launch.

Reactions: Surfsalot

snakesayan

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Chicago
Yes. I’m on the 12 pro now and I waited till the 15 because I love this pros blue color as was waiting for USB C and for island to be improved.

dante_mr

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2023
Nah. I like the look of Dynamic Island and the upgraded cameras compared to my iPhone 13.

But I'm probably not buying a new model until maybe 2025?

An iPhone 14 Pro Max (I prefer the larger size) with 256GB costs 1/3 of the Vision Pro. iPhone 15 is rumored to cost even more.

So personally I'd rather save that money towards the Vision Pro, which I'm absolutely going to buy unless Apple drops the ball somehow.

Reactions: tunastink

KOTN91

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
Yeah. I’ll be upgrading to the standard 6.1 inch iPhone 15 256GB in the most edgy colour available. Looks like a decent upgrade from my 13, and seems like this year the standard models are getting more in the way of upgrades compared to the last couple of cycles where the major focus has been on the Pros

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I’m on the fence now. At first I was going to upgrade every 2 years, but every time we get close to September, I always end up undecided. Now I’m going to wait for the keynote and decide from there.
I'm in this exact same boat. I always tell myself that I'm not going to, but then the keynote comes around and I get FOMO like no other. So, we'll see if this year is any different.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I'm in this exact same boat. I always tell myself that I'm not going to, but then the keynote comes around and I get FOMO like no other. So, we'll see if this year is any different.
I held out on upgrading to the 11 Pro Max and 13 Pro Max as they didn’t excite me. I’ve been reading up on all the rumors and am starting to get excited for the keynote next month. If there isn’t a color that I like, I’ll more than likely think about keeping my 14 Pro Max. Plus I want to use up my lightning cables before buying more USB-C cables, which my iPad mini 6 and 12.9 iPad Pro use.

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I held out on upgrading to the 11 Pro Max and 13 Pro Max as they didn’t excite me. I’ve been reading up on all the rumors and am starting to get excited for the keynote next month. If there isn’t a color that I like, I’ll more than likely think about keeping my 14 Pro Max. Plus I want to use up my lightning cables before buying more USB-C cables, which my iPad mini 6 and 12.9 iPad Pro use.
Your willpower is better than mine for sure lol. I think I've upgraded every iteration since the 10. I'm with you on the color aspect, but like I said, my willpower isn't the best so I'd probably end up replacing my black 14 PM with silver or something. I had a silver 12 and I loved that colorway, don't know why I ever went away from it, but the black on the 14 PM is very sexy.

The only other Apple products I have are the Airpods Pro 2 and my AW. The AP obviously still do use lightning, but I don't have any other product besides my phone that uses lightning. I understand the fuss about needing USB-C, but for me it wouldn't be a necessity.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Your willpower is better than mine for sure lol. I think I've upgraded every iteration since the 10. I'm with you on the color aspect, but like I said, my willpower isn't the best so I'd probably end up replacing my black 14 PM with silver or something. I had a silver 12 and I loved that colorway, don't know why I ever went away from it, but the black on the 14 PM is very sexy.

The only other Apple products I have are the Airpods Pro 2 and my AW. The AP obviously still do use lightning, but I don't have any other product besides my phone that uses lightning. I understand the fuss about needing USB-C, but for me it wouldn't be a necessity.
Believe me it was hard to not upgrade. I Love my Deep Purple 14PM, but I’m anxious to see what colors debut for the Pro and Pro Max. I have about 6-7 USB-C cables not counting the 2 that came with my iPads. I’ll have to buy several adapters for my car since I can only use USB-A, and I have to use my phone for navigation as my SUV’s trim level don’t come with factory navigatio.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Believe me it was hard to not upgrade. I Love my Deep Purple 14PM, but I’m anxious to see what colors debut for the Pro and Pro Max. I have about 6-7 USB-C cables not counting the 2 that came with my iPads. I’ll have to buy several adapters for my car since I can only use USB-A, and I have to use my phone for navigation as my SUV’s trim level don’t come with factory navigatio.
Although I know Apple loves their blue phones, I'm holding out hope that they introduce that red color that was rumored for the 15's, that render was BEATIFUL.
I don't own any usb-c cables that I know of lol. I would need to buy several USB-A to USB-C cables for my car, or buy adapters to use carplay in my little Honda Civic lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devyn89

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Although I know Apple loves their blue phones, I'm holding out hope that they introduce that red color that was rumored for the 14's, that render was BEATIFUL.
I don't own any usb-c cables that I know of lol. I would need to buy several USB-A to USB-C cables for my car, or buy adapters to use carplay in my little Honda Civic lol.
I have a few adapters for my kids to charge their iPads in the car so I have some of those. I hate the color red, but if it’s nice looking, I may upgrade for it.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I have a few adapters for my kids to charge their iPads in the car so I have some of those. I hate the color red, but if it’s nice looking, I may upgrade for it.
I meant that was rumored for the 15's but you knew what I meant lol. I love when new iPhones get released so I'm excited to see what Apple has in store this year.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
Nope I’m getting the galaxy zfold5. I’ll be back though but when  finally ups the battery life on the watch which seems like it’ll be never cause they’ve had 9 years to do it.
I am seriously contemplating on this 😭 if I do trade in my iPhone12 I get $350 (roughly) trade in value. but I’m deep into the apple ecosystem.

I just wish they create another purple iphone with the same shade as iphone 12 or a periwinkle/orchid shade.

Reactions: xxray

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I am seriously contemplating on this if I do trade in my iPhone12 I get $350 (roughly) trade in value. but I’m deep into the apple ecosystem.

I just wish they create another purple iphone with the same shade as iphone 12 or a periwinkle/orchid shade.

Oh man I feel you.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
this is also me. I sort of got tired of the hype going to the release that I ended up skipping it. I felt it with the 13 and 14. I have the iPhone 12 lavender for the color and the white 12pm just to get the feel of a pro max

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I am seriously contemplating on this 😭 if I do trade in my iPhone12 I get $350 (roughly) trade in value. but I’m deep into the apple ecosystem.

Apple will give me $460 for my 12 Pro Max, but since it’s the first 5G iPhone, I don't want to trade it in. It make me wonder what Apple will give for the 14 Pro Max this year? If it‘s that amount or higher, I’ll definitely be upgrading this year.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Have 12 pro in blue. Going for the 15 pro max. Three years is my normal turnover. Battery is down to 84%. Time to upgrade.

Last edited:

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2014
Maybe, have 14PM now and it's paid off, so if it's only 200$ for a new phone, maybe I will consider it.

dsusanj

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
I’ve seen the galaxy fold and I don’t like it. You probably won’t either. There is always a crease (indentation) on the screen that will always be there where the unit folds. It’s a distraction. The screen doesn’t open and lay flat without a crease.
Fold 5 both folds and opens flat (and is flat on the table) due to a redesigned hinge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.