Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I've been thinking about it quite a bit lately, and even though I have the 14 PM, I'm about 60% sure I'll upgrade to the 15 PM. The deciding factor will be how much I can get for a trade in.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
For sure it’s time for an upgrade my iPhone 11 non-pro 128 gb is already full, (mostly pics and videos from my travels) it only has 500 mb of space left.

My iPhone 11 has been with me traveling the world and the USA. It’s one hell of a durable phone.
I’m hoping I can get my hands on the new iPhone 15 by September 22 because I plan to travel the following week.

I might go with the 256 gb version

I know it’s just rumors but when can we expect the iPhone 15 to be released?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
For sure it’s time for an upgrade my iPhone 11 non-pro 128 gb is already full, (mostly pics and videos from my travels) it only has 500 mb of space left.

My iPhone 11 has been with me traveling the world and the USA. It’s one hell of a durable phone.
I’m hoping I can get my hands on the new iPhone 15 by September 22 because I plan to travel the following week.

I might go with the 256 gb version

I know it’s just rumors but when can we expect the iPhone 15 to be released?
Rumors are saying preorder date on September 15 with a launch date of September 22.

Reactions: Djones96

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Fold 5 both folds and opens flat (and is flat on the table) due to a redesigned hinge.

Ok. Glad they fixed the henge. However there remains a crease down the center of the display that I don’t like. Others it probably won’t bother, but not me. I can’t stand android anyway, and having a folding phone vs carrying an iPad, I’d rather the iPad. If an iPad Pro mini was made, that would be awesome, however I’d still prefer the 13” though. Also there will be too many complaints about the weight as there are currently with the pro max iPhones.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I have a XS Max, planning on upgrading to the 15 pro. Potentially the 14 if I think USB-C will be too much of a hassle.

Phone is in great shape, just the comms are terrible. LTE disconnects constantly, wifi is up and down. Nothing wrong with the processor or screen, it’s the “internet communication device“ aspect that is failing.
Have you tried resetting your network settings? This clears all the cellular and other settings and forces the carrier to reload the network bundle. It could/might help...

Reactions: LionTeeth

Aoligei

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2020
Not me. I have not get single iPhone since iPhone 12. Price is just way to expensive, not that I can't afford, but not able to justify the cost.

I will instead, wait around and grab used Pixel 8 Pro couple month after release.

Reactions: wegster

Aoligei

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2020
My Flip 5 will be delivered tomorrow and my 13 mini will be my backup. I will upgrade iPhone until Apple innovates to give me one physical SIM.

Just travel to Canada and buy one, lol. Canadian iPhone has SIM, but you won't get mmWave, if you care about it

Reactions: Hot Apple Cider

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2022
Have you tried resetting your network settings? This clears all the cellular and other settings and forces the carrier to reload the network bundle. It could/might help...
Actually I was just reading about that the other day, for some reason I’m hesitant to do it. I know it erases all your saved Wi-Fi passwords. But it doesn’t break anything correct?

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
please tell how does a usb-c port get you excited?

I’m not the person you asked, but along with being able to use once cable for all my main devices and faster data transfer speeds, I should finally be able to connect my DAC to my iPhone (instead of my iPad or MacBook Pro) so I can use my audiophile headphones setup. Big convenience factor for me there.

brewer08

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
I plan on upgrading day one. I have a 14 Pro Max and this is the least happiest I’ve ever been with a new iPhone. I don’t know if I got a bad one but im just not happy with the camera quality, the battery life and just overall experience. My phone seems slow as hell and clunky.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I plan on upgrading day one. I have a 14 Pro Max and this is the least happiest I’ve ever been with a new iPhone. I don’t know if I got a bad one but im just not happy with the camera quality, the battery life and just overall experience. My phone seems slow as hell and clunky.

Agreed. I’ve been unhappy with my 14 Pro Max, but I haven’t really been able to pinpoint why. If I think about it, I think it’s just a collection of iOS 16 bugs from the start, disappointing battery life, and just overall not a great experience that’s left a bad taste in my mouth.

The minimum focusing distance for the main camera being farther away is annoying. The fact that I have to remember to tap a button to shoot in 48MP is annoying, but it’s also annoying how long the 48MP take to shoot. It’s annoying how there’s no HEIC option for the 48MP camera mode so all the photos use up a ton of storage.

I find the lock screen/wallpaper changer clunky and annoying. I hate the changes iOS 16 made to the Books app. Barely any apps use Dynamic Island or Live Activities. I don’t really like the AOD that much, but it feels weird and like I’m wasting my money not using it. Deep Purple looks gorgeous in bright light but very dull and blah in any other lighting. The bright screen is great until it’s 75 degrees or higher outside and the phone just overheats and dims the screen and makes it unusable anyways.

I don’t know how iPhone 15 will fix these annoyances, especially the iOS related annoyances since iOS 17 is extremely similar to iOS 16. But I don’t really know how I became so unhappy with my 14 Pro Max in just one generational change after I loved my 13 Pro. So, maybe that should give me hope that things can swing back the other way.

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I was planning on upgrading to the 15 PM but I think I’ll just wait till the 16 PM. I’m really happy with my 14 PM so I think I’ll try and hold out the urge to upgrade just for the latest and greatest

Reactions: ibookemo

Remington Steel

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2016
Unless the 16 or 17 has a MAJOR overhaul, I will be sticking with my 12 Pro Max (still looks brand new out the box because I baby my phones). I used to upgrade every year prior to this. 13 & 14 upgrades were insignificant to me. 15 will probably be the same. My 12 Pro Max will hopefully be good through at least to iOS 19. We'll see.

Last edited:

OneSon

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
No. Currently using an XR that I bought in 2019. Recently it's starting to show sluggish animations so may pick up an iPhone 13 when all the prices fall. I really like the blue colour in the 13.

I have a dedicated camera so getting a new smartphone is not a big deal for me. They all feel the same these days.

Reactions: wegster

WarmWinterHat

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2015
Naa. My 13 Pro is fine, and I don't really care about the cameras.. I have a mirrorless when I need a really good photo.

My phone is mainly a texting, talking and email device, so whatever.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Actually I was just reading about that the other day, for some reason I’m hesitant to do it. I know it erases all your saved Wi-Fi passwords. But it doesn’t break anything correct?
No it will as you said clear the wifi passwords but it can really fix radio issues. I have done it twice in the last 2 years on my 13 Pro Max. It will change the device name back to the default "iPhone" I could really help you! :)

Reactions: LionTeeth

ray6088

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2013
Just travel to Canada and buy one, lol. Canadian iPhone has SIM, but you won't get mmWave, if you care about it
Why should I pay for full price & travel expense to buy an iPhone instead of $800 off from t mobile. I don't understand Apple marketing decision.

Aoligei

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2020
Why should I pay for full price & travel expense to buy an iPhone instead of $800 off from t mobile. I don't understand Apple marketing decision.

Well, Apple is full on portless iPhone and they have fully embraced e-sim. US is their first attempt to try market reaction on removing SIM card. If you want iPhone with SIM card slot, you won't. Not from T-Mobile nor from Apple directly.

I am not surprised that iPhone 15 will be full e-sim only in Canada as well or sometime in future.

I personal only use e-sim for travel purpose and still prefer physical SIM card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.