Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I would thank everyone for the kind words. Our last CAT scan was just before Thanksgiving, there were no signs of cancer. I have returned to work and am slowly getting back out with my cameras. I will continue to be monitored and I am limited in what I can do, but I intend enjoy moment I have! Again thanks!!

Somehow liking this post doesnt seem enough! that is a fantastic update! long may you keep that abomination in retreat! and keep shooting!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I would thank everyone for the kind words. Our last CAT scan was just before Thanksgiving, there were no signs of cancer. I have returned to work and am slowly getting back out with my cameras. I will continue to be monitored and I am limited in what I can do, but I intend enjoy moment I have! Again thanks!!
That's fantastic to hear. Looking forward to seeing your best of 2017!

jaduff46

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2010
Second star on the right....
Wonderful news!! Battled malignant melanoma myself for 24 years (prostate cancer as an aside 6 years ago) and was declared free last April.

Prayer works!

Wonderful shot, by the way.

Reactions: kenoh and MacRy

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Awesome news. Great to hear.

Also awesome photo.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
That, sir, is fantastic news! All the best to you. And a wonderful shot of you in silhouette.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Visited Hakodate, Japan last summer - here's a photo from our last day. An incredible trip.

1*2qlO7-3boPzCZ12FdHg58A.jpeg

More photos here!

Reactions: jjk454ss and MacRy

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Visited Hakodate, Japan last summer - here's a photo from our last day. An incredible trip.

1*2qlO7-3boPzCZ12FdHg58A.jpeg

More photos here!

Your blog is awesome, and really great imagery. I've become disenchanted with sharing photos to social media and I was thinking about building my own blog similar to yours - regardless of whether anyone is watching or not, cause I take the photos for me, not an audience. Very inspiring.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
Your blog is awesome, and really great imagery. I've become disenchanted with sharing photos to social media and I was thinking about building my own blog similar to yours - regardless of whether anyone is watching or not, cause I take the photos for me, not an audience. Very inspiring.

see, that there is where so many people go wrong. When you shoot for yourself, it is fun. i quit caring long ago. I also don't try to sell myself or make a living at this, even though that would be amazing.

here is a shot from last February at Mesa Arch. I shot this one time before in March 2012 i think, and it was a nightmare. In February, there were 2 other photographers and maybe 10 other people here.
iridescent.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
During 2016 I really didn't do much shooting, but in December I finally got my hands on the jet black iPhone 7 Plus and of course wanted to put her through her paces..... Not exactly the best photo I've ever taken but probably the best of the few I shot in 2016. Taken in early December 2016 at my local shopping mall at one of my favorite haunts:

p2187278499-4.jpg

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA

Thanks for the kind words! Definitely shoot for yourself because you're always the only audience who matters... Let me know if you start your blog. Would love to check out your shots.

Reactions: MacRy

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
see, that there is where so many people go wrong. When you shoot for yourself, it is fun. i quit caring long ago. I also don't try to sell myself or make a living at this, even though that would be amazing.

here is a shot from last February at Mesa Arch. I shot this one time before in March 2012 i think, and it was a nightmare. In February, there were 2 other photographers and maybe 10 other people here. View attachment 686004
That's a great sunstar ! I was there in September 2013 IIRC . Missed the sunrise by oversleeping and getting distracted at Dead Horse Point . Was about 20 folks at the arch and everyone was great except this one moron who was on the arch dancing around . Might have been stoned out of his mind , but he finally came down when his companions impressed upon him that the folks picking up rocks were serious .

j62lee

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2004
Hope I'm not too late to this thread! There were a few photos that I'd consider to be my "best" from 2016, but this one stands out for me. I recently moved away from LA, but went back for a visit over Christmas. It wasn't until I left LA that I realized how much I missed out on while I was there. This shot, taken at Venice Beach, captures one of the many beautiful scenes in LA that I wish I took advantage of while I was still living there.

32352867971_92a5c6e535_z.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.