Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Whether it's for your iPod Touch 1G or 2nd, what houses your iPod Touch right now and ...personally, why? Why did you choose the case/protection you chose?

Personally I think I might just get the Invisible Shield for myself...still deciding.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN
Right now I have a leather belkin case I didn't buy it was a gift it's ok but too bulky. I have an invisible shield on the way from amazon gonna give that a try and use the belkin when I need the belt clip and what not

Bladehntr

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
I bought a Griffin hard case at Best Buy last week. Only reason cuz its the only one available. I had an Incase neoprene case for my 1st gen Touch, and i'll probably get another for my 2nd gen. when they're available.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Right now I have a leather belkin case I didn't buy it was a gift it's ok but too bulky. I have an invisible shield on the way from amazon gonna give that a try and use the belkin when I need the belt clip and what not

So you'll just be using the invisible shield?

I ask cause my friend is encouraging me to just get the invisible shield and no case. He knows I'm not clumsy and won't drop it, and I don't wanna add bulk to the Touch since It'll be in my pocket most of the time.

Dejavu

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
I like my iTouch bare.

Honestly, I think cases and all that are a waste of money. A few scratches don't hurt, and like all electronic devices, they lose half their value in a year anyway.

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
black4.jpg

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN

I ask cause my friend is encouraging me to just get the invisible shield and no case. He knows I'm not clumsy and won't drop it, and I don't wanna add bulk to the Touch since It'll be in my pocket most of the time.

Yes I will mostly be using just the invisible shield and when I am in a situation that I might need a little more protection I'll use the case. And it is a griffin case I was looking at something that is a belkin just before I typed that and it must of been stuck in my head.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Invisible Shield!

Great protection, unnoticeable, and non-bulky!

Interesting I'm highly considering getting the invisible shield. but i have to ask you too, you just have your Touch with it alone or w/ a case also?

Again, I love the protection it provides and fact it doesn't add any more width to the touch which i'll enjoy but will also be my first time not buying a case.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007

That's a bit presumptuous. That would make you "perfect". Everyone makes mistakes and drops something. If you truly value your iPod Touch you should get a more protective case.

That said, this is the one I got. http://www.senacases.com/Brands/IPOD-TOUCH-CASES/Elega-Pouch-for-Ipod-Touch

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
i'm sure it will be dropped at least once and that's why i'm considering getting a case too....but don't want the added bulk in my pocket. for the past few days i've had it in my pocket with only an old screen protector same as invisible shield and i can hardly tell its in my pocket. sometimes i freak out thinking its gone.

Nitromaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Ireland.
does this still connect well in a dock? Specifically asking cause i want it to connect well into my bose sounddock. is that the case where the back has those ripples? kinda like a tree?

I have the same one
Apple store link http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ917LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MzQ2MTA3&p=1&s=topSellers

Has to be taken off for docks, etc which really sucks.
Works ok with the composite/component cables etc with it on though.

I don't really like it though , when you take it on/off a few times it becomes slightly streched and doesnt hold your ipod perfectly. (meaning you get tiny little scratches/whatever on the back)
Could just be me though

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I have the same one
Apple store link http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ917LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MzQ2MTA3&p=1&s=topSellers

Has to be taken off for docks, etc which really sucks.
Works ok with the composite/component cables etc with it on though.

I don't really like it though , when you take it on/off a few times it becomes slightly streched and doesnt hold your ipod perfectly. (meaning you get tiny little scratches/whatever on the back)
Could just be me though

damn, if i was to get a case it probably would've been InCase. The other's i've seen at Best Buy or Circuit City just aren't impressing me. I can only imagine the bulk the Slider would provide not allowing me to dock my Touch.

Hmmm, i'm more and more drawn now to just an invisible shield.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
XtremeMac Microshield.

Works great. Affords some impact protection as well as IS-like abrasion protection. I also like the slight bulk it gives, as it makes the Touch easier to handle.

jmann

macrumors 604
Interesting I'm highly considering getting the invisible shield. but i have to ask you too, you just have your Touch with it alone or w/ a case also?

Again, I love the protection it provides and fact it doesn't add any more width to the touch which i'll enjoy but will also be my first time not buying a case.

Well I personally don't use another case besides the invisible shield, because I mostly leave my ipod in the car. But my brother has a silicone case on top of the invisible shield to protect from falls. And since the invisible shield is on there the silicone won't scratch anything.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Well I personally don't use another case besides the invisible shield, because I mostly leave my ipod in the car. But my brother has a silicone case on top of the invisible shield to protect from falls. And since the invisible shield is on there the silicone won't scratch anything.

No offense dude, but that's quite excessive. First you have the Invisible Shield and a silicone case on top of that. Honestly what's the point of doing so much, you can't really enjoy it if you're gonna cover it all up just to protect it from a few hairline scratches. Also leaving it in the car is like candy to a thief, that's scary.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
I use the Sonic Wave Two-Tone Silicone Sleeve for iPod touch (2nd Gen) from Belkin. For some reason its listed as not available on the Belkin Site....but i just got one a Best Buy.

Attachments

• STD1_F8Z364-XXX.jpg
    STD1_F8Z364-XXX.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4,431

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I use the Sonic Wave Two-Tone Silicone Sleeve for iPod touch (2nd Gen) from Belkin. For some reason its listed as not available on the Belkin Site....but i just got one a Best Buy.

I really want that one for my touch!!!!!! but it's for a 2nd Gen, think it'll fit well with a first?

If I got one case, it be this one.

jmann

macrumors 604
No offense dude, but that's quite excessive. First you have the Invisible Shield and a silicone case on top of that. Honestly what's the point of doing so much, you can't really enjoy it if you're gonna cover it all up just to protect it from a few hairline scratches. Also leaving it in the car is like candy to a thief, that's scary.

Yeah I personally don't have a silicone shield on my iPod. But yeah, I keep it in the glove box sometimes. I don't just leave it on the car seat for anyone to see. ;)

yorkshire

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
UK
I like my iTouch bare.

Honestly, I think cases and all that are a waste of money. A few scratches don't hurt, and like all electronic devices, they lose half their value in a year anyway.

I agree. Case or not, you're always going to be fighting a losing battle trying to keep an iPod scratch free. By having it bare, you get to feel the beauty of the device as it is. It also looks better without a case. However, I do have a little bag that it goes in when I'm not using it, just to stop the keys from scratching it. iPods and keys don't mix.

pingvuiini

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
I use the Contour Showcase or iSee mostly because of the 4 way belt clip so I can work out with it. In addition to listening to music while I exercise, I use the iPod Touch to keep track of my sets/reps in iCal (it's sure a lot better than the notebook and pen I used to have). Like almost all other Touch cases, dust will infiltrate due to the open touchscreen panel.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
BodyGuardz, back only so far. pretty minimal. i might get a thin leather slip case once a decent one comes out (like the looks of the Belkin eco sleeve).
i was just looking to prevent scratches. i don't see the front glass scratching, but i may install the screen protector eventually. the leather case would just be more of a carrying case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.