Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN
I just got my invisible shield today. I put it on better then I thought I would but it's still not perfect. And I need to blow dry it to tighten the sides down. I like it much better the screen looks good, and it will be nice not having so much bulk.

Fus3r

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Oak Lawn, IL
I use a BSE and am really happy with it. I know I'm not going to be stupid and drop it so all I really wanted was protection for the back (the iPod is too sexy to bulk up!). It's great and one of the edges is a tad bit iffy but hey, can't complain too much.

david1943

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009
Need a case to prevent losing my Itouch

I just lost my 1Gen ITouch, now I am paranoid about losing my 2G Itouch. I am looking for a case that I can attach to a belt or belt loop so that I have a minimal chance of losing it. Anyone found one?

db

apearlman

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Red Hook, NY
$30 socks, only from Apple.

iPod Socks.

Wow, I just googled it and am blown away by the existence of this product.
My "case" is also a sock, but it's one that formerly belonged to my 3-year-old son. The matching sock is missing, so my total cost = $0.

If I want other colors, I just wait until my son loses another sock. I have my eye on Lightning McQueen.

For extra protection in my briefcase, I sometimes slide the iPod+sock into an old leather Handspring Visor sleeve. It's very professional-looking, and really impresses all the other top executives when we have a board meeting.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I use the Macally metro currently- but have used and like the Incase slider and silcone cases, and love PowerSupport Air Jackets....

metrot_t.jpg

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Wow, I just googled it and am blown away by the existence of this product.
My "case" is also a sock, but it's one that formerly belonged to my 3-year-old son. The matching sock is missing, so my total cost = $0.

If I want other colors, I just wait until my son loses another sock. I have my eye on Lightning McQueen.

For extra protection in my briefcase, I sometimes slide the iPod+sock into an old leather Handspring Visor sleeve. It's very professional-looking, and really impresses all the other top executives when we have a board meeting.

Absolutely hysterical post.

"Dad, where's my other Lightning sock?"

Dad, hastily/guiltily shoving something in his pocket: "I have absolutely no idea."

I'll admit it; I spent $34 on iPod socks.

Touchy

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Cape Breton
For iPod Touch, Uniea, a rubber slip on. Protects well, dock is open, volume and on/off easily work thru the rubber rim. Best part is that it easily comes off to clean the clean and then slips back on again so nothing gets wedged under the edge of the protector.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
BTW, may be a little off subject, but I saw people mentioning concerns about using some cases with their docks. This product will allow to use any dock connector or product that fits the apple supplied dock inserts. A bit pricey, but well worth it..

dext-1.jpg

dext-2.jpg

213iK-ML7IL._SS400_.jpg

Who makes this and where can you order it from?

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
Invisible Shield!

Great protection, unnoticeable, and non-bulky!

hell yeah!! inisible shield is great. i just got one today. i just have bubbles on the edges on my iPod where the black barrier goes higher than the screen..... which is like all around and on the side there is a small part that wont stay down... i dont know if i put it on wrong =/ i followed the youtube vid perfectly

SurfMacJpMtb

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2008
USA
re: You Current Case

My current iPod Touch case is none, just an iPod Suede Jacket for protection when getting transported and stored. I bought a few for my iPod family from:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/ipodsuedejacket/ipodsuedejacket.htm

It is a simple suede sleeve to protect the Touch when it is my pocket or backpack. I prefer to use my iPod Touch as is (naked).

Apple should provide these with their iPods like the old days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.