Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
My old 1G iPod Touch's white silicon case:

TQ851

From here

and

My new 2G iPod Touch's black silicon case:

9015941_sa.jpg

From here

intempo808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
iPod Socks.

They look good, clean my ipod everytime I take it out of the sock, protect very well, reusable on new iPod's I get.

:D

Kwats

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
i just ordered the capsule rebel touch for my 2nd generation ipod and also right now im using the griffin iclear for the 2nd generation touch :)

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
ipod socks. never found a better case. most cases if dirty cause scratch to an ipod: these do not and can be washed. ive had mine for 3 years and they still work wonderfully and fit every ipod out there though a bit big on the 3g nano and of course: the shuffle!

got it on my 1 and 2g touch now

S

SupremeArt

Personally, I use iSkin's iPod Touch case, which is designed for the 1G iPod Touch, and they should have a new one for the 2g model as well soon. What I appreciate most about that case is that it completely covers everything except the screen (even the button and the dock port when not in use). I use this in conjunction with a screen protector made by Proporta. The iSkin case comes with a screen overlay, but the $6.95 Proporta overlay covers everything but the power button while the iSkin one covers only the screen itself (not the surrounding front surface). The iSkin case also can be used with or without a belt clip, which is not huge either. Case is not bulky and provides good protection when dropped (rubber, BTW).

iskin-touch4.jpg

apple_touch_cover.jpg

Proporta Screen Protector:

proporta-advance-screen-protector-ipod-touch.thumbnail.jpg

S

SupremeArt

BTW, may be a little off subject, but I saw people mentioning concerns about using some cases with their docks. This product will allow to use any dock connector or product that fits the apple supplied dock inserts. A bit pricey, but well worth it..

dext-1.jpg

dext-2.jpg

213iK-ML7IL._SS400_.jpg

bijou

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
For now I'm using the Power Support anti-glare for regular use http://store.apple.com/us/product/TP871LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MTcxODc2, along with the Suede Jacket w/pocket from Waterfield Designs http://www.sfbags.com/products/ipodsuedejacket/ipodsuedejacket.htm

The suede cover arrived yesterday (ordered it Friday afternoon) and it fits perfectly. It's very thin so it slips into my pocket when going for a walk perfectly, and you can store your earphones into the pocket which stretches quite easily.

When someone makes a clear contact cover for the 2nd gen Touch which covers all the metal, then I'll pick up that. Right now I'm not convinced that anyone has a design out yet that does that good of a job w/out puckering or leaving edges bare.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
for first gen., it is Incase slide case orange color. for second gen., they are Incase silicon case (new one), griffin reflect case (new one, too). these two cases are available in Apple store now. go & get them.

Tragedies

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I currently use a DLO Jam Jacket Multiclip for my iPod touch. I got it for around nine dollars including postage in Australia from a great aussie mac forum (mactalk).

It's no doubt bulky, but it provides great protection, comes with a nice screen protector, and has an interesting clip. I put it on my belt rather then in my pocket and it works great, and its also a stand and headphone management capable.

Great case, although bulky.

JJmulti_touch.jpg

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
I use a bestskinsever.com skin. I used it on my 5G iPod for almost 3 years until the logic board died. I put it on my iPod touch and it's nice having protection and being able to slide it in and out of my pocket and keep it's sleek form factor.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
I use a bestskinsever.com skin. I used it on my 5G iPod for almost 3 years until the logic board died. I put it on my iPod touch and it's nice having protection and being able to slide it in and out of my pocket and keep it's sleek form factor.

I got BSE as well. I love it, it was cheap and easy.

mariotheotaku

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
I have the Nu Form on my ipod touch 2g and on the screen I have a Bodyguardz screen protector.

Attachments

• moto_0083.jpg
    moto_0083.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 265
  • moto_0084.jpg
    moto_0084.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 277

whoisrhp

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2008
do you guys put the films on both the front and back if your planning to get a case still? or do you guys just put the film on the front?

whoisrhp

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2008
I tried to put the Nu Form with the full body BG but it didn't fit. so I removed it.

thanks for the response bro. also did your back film for your BG go on perfectly or did the edges not come out that good? did they stuck up or were they all sticking well and down?

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
I have the Nu Form on my ipod touch 2g and on the screen I have a Bodyguardz screen protector.

Just ordered 2 Nu Forms, one for me and one for my niece, both 2nd Gens, currently have an Incase 1st Gen touch case on as I got the touch and was travelling the next day. I prefer the openings for the buttons as it makes them a little bit harder to press in error.

mariotheotaku

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
thanks for the response bro. also did your back film for your BG go on perfectly or did the edges not come out that good? did they stuck up or were they all sticking well and down?

I had a little trouble setting the back but it covered the ipod touch pretty well, the reason I got the Nu Form was because of the falls I may have with the touch (you never know) but when I took the back off it was perfect, no scratches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.