Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
I actually thought it looked very dull outside for some reason, in both shade and direct sunlight. Couldn’t pinpoint it but I just did not like it at all. Returned it on launch day and kept the blue instead, which still surprises me every day with how unexpectedly amazing it looks. I really thought I was going to like the natural better, but nope. White was way better in person. But the blue though, I’m just really loving it.
Blue is definitely beautiful! It reminds me of pacific blue without the green tint. Would’ve been nice to lighten it up a little, but it is a stunner nonetheless.

Reactions: bevsb2

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
I really like titanium. I have some watches and some hiking gadgets with this material. Would have chosen the natural titanium too. For me the best color with gold (if it's available)

Reactions: MisterMillz

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
The Apple Store allowed you to do so? My local one wouldn’t let me swap without returning my phone and buying another one.
Assuming there were no special discounts involved, i.e. military, they generally have the option to exchange in one transaction.

However, practices change a bit during launch time for simplicity and efficiency. You should be able to refund to a gift card and repurchase the phone if it’s available.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
I actually thought it looked very dull outside for some reason, in both shade and direct sunlight. Couldn’t pinpoint it but I just did not like it at all. Returned it on launch day and kept the blue instead, which still surprises me every day with how unexpectedly amazing it looks. I really thought I was going to like the natural better, but nope. White was way better in person. But the blue though, I’m just really loving it.
Agreed. I like the white more than the natural. Great choice with blue.

Reactions: shr631

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
I checked out this color in Pro Max at Best Buy recently and I like it. My immediate reaction is the difference in weight and the comfort in holding it from rounding the edges. This is the color I ordered and I think it will age well. I get why some people think it’s bland and it doesn’t stand out. I’m ok with that. The blue titanium was next to the natural color and that was a nice color as well. You can’t go wrong with these new Pro colors.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
The natural titanium is basically a shade of gray. Ask yourself: if the phone was called gray would you have bought it vs other colors? I got white and am so happy.
Maybe. If it acts like the natural Ti watches, then no. Those take on a reflect the colors/lighting around them (bands, shirt color). That was the big difference between the Al and Ti watches.
My assumption is that the phone will do the same.

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
Couldn't disagree more but it's all subjective and, hey, enjoy your "blue" Pro. Feel like Natural is the divisive choice this year. People seem to love it or bash it. It's like everybody forgot what the Ultra looks like and/or were unaware of the way raw Titanium interacts with light 🙄

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
I just got natural. It was whatever color was available in store, but surprisingly my Apple Store had natural in stock today so I went and bought it. All other colors weren’t available for the Pro versions.

I’m glad I got this color. It’s unique to the iPhone 15 pro. It’s going in a case anyways

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Hey my guy, please get that red mole checked. I have about the same complexion as you and that mole would have my dermatologist freaking out.

I like the color of the phone though. :)
Ha, thanks for your concern... but I have cherry angiomas all over my body and have had them since birth. Regularly go to the dermatologist and there is no cause for concern.

I feel like this thread is trying to spot health issues like that one TV Reporter that was told by a viewer their lump was thyroid cancer and it saved her life.

I mean props to the group for being on the look out... solid human thing to do, just funny it's been done twice now to both of us that posted our hands. 😆

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Couldn't disagree more but it's all subjective and, hey, enjoy your "blue" Pro. Feel like Natural is the divisive choice this year. People seem to love it or bash it. It's like everybody forgot what the Ultra looks like and/or were unaware of the way raw Titanium interacts with light 🙄
It’s definitely blue, no need for the quotes 😉

I still have my titanium watch and compared it side-by-side to the phone, and it definitely looks different. It is certainly the same color, but the way the light reflects at so many different angles makes it look much different since it’s completely rounded without a flat side like the phone. But I was still never a huge fan of it. I switched to the graphite SS S8 watch last year and like it much better.

Anyway the natural titanium just had too much of a warm champagne hue for my tastes. And if I could find any lighting scenario to reduce that color effect, it then just looked super bland for some reason. I never found a way for it to wow me. Instead it just made me question it every time I looked at it. Cue the blue, which looks downright fantastic all the time 😆

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
It’s definitely blue, no need for the quotes 😉

I still have my titanium watch and compared it side-by-side to the phone, and it definitely looks different. It is certainly the same color, but the way the light reflects at so many different angles makes it look much different since it’s completely rounded without a flat side like the phone. But I was still never a huge fan of it. I switched to the graphite SS S8 watch last year and like it much better.

Anyway the natural titanium just had too much of a warm champagne hue for my tastes. And if I could find any lighting scenario to reduce that color effect, it then just looked super bland for some reason. I never found a way for it to wow me. Instead it just made me question it every time I looked at it. Cue the blue, which looks downright fantastic all the time 😆
Haha I only included the quotes because it can really appear near black. Again, just like with Natural, depending on lighting. While I was at the Apple Store waiting to swap my black 14 Pro I picked up what I thought was the black 15 Pro to do a comparison. Took me a few seconds to realize it was the blue one.

Anyway, I love the warmth that Natural displays in dim and/or soft lighting, and especially at night. Likewise I love that it can appear a sort of all-business pale steel gray during the day. We have different perspectives, I suppose, but I will say that blue would have likely been my choice had there been no Natural as I did like the look of my Midnight 13. That said, it'll be in a dark case 90% of the time so it's nice to have a lighter color pop around the camera module for a change.

Reactions: DDustiNN

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
Ha, thanks for your concern... but I have cherry angiomas all over my body and have had them since birth. Regularly go to the dermatologist and there is no cause for concern.

I feel like this thread is trying to spot health issues like that one TV Reporter that was told by a viewer their lump was thyroid cancer and it saved her life.

I mean props to the group for being on the look out... solid human thing to do, just funny it's been done twice now to both of us that posted our hands. 😆
Okay, rad. :) I just had some biopsies so I'm fresh on the lookout lol.

Reactions: adam1080

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Wait until you encounter the term "Goods sold are not returnable or refundable"...
You can return anything to the Apple Store with 14 days, for any reason (or no reason at all), even if it’s been opened.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
It's just a really boring color, unless you like staring at your stainless steel kitchen appliances.

Maybe with all the heat-gate issues, Apple was trying to remind everyone that the phone is like a toaster.

Reactions: sjperformance

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
It is a bit funny that we spend so much time obsessing over the color of the back of the phone, when in reality most of us rarely look at the back, especially not with a case on the phone.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Your photos make the phone look much more gold than it is, OP. It’s s slightly warm gray in 99% scenarios.

Reactions: Jeweller

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
The natural titanium seemed like a color I would get bored of pretty quickly so I didn't get it.
Its the complete opposite for me... Blue or black seemed like colors I would get bored of quickly... While I find the Nati to be cool and different. I love it so much so far and glad I made the choice.

Reactions: Jeweller
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.