Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
I can understand why people like it. It's new and fits the titanium branding. I don't like it as it seems boring. I love the white but they didn't have it so I got black and Im happy with it.
I got white for the first time with the 14PM... and within an hour I was bored with the color and regretted getting it.

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
Still don't understand why white and black aren't considered just as if not more boring. They've been the staple iPhone colors since 2016 haha.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Looks plenty gray to me. :)

Some quick after unboxing photos, including some comparisons to my Space Gray iPhone X — yes, it had an accident, surviving a tumble on asphalt at ~15 mph.

iPhone-15-Pro-Max_Nat-Ti_Clear-Case_direct-sun-1.png iPhone-15-Pro-Max_Nat-Ti_Clear-Case_direct-sun-2.png iPhone-15-Pro-Max_Nat-Ti_Clear-Case.png iPhone-15-Pro-Max_vs_iPhone-X_rear_height.png iPhone-15-Pro-Max_vs_iPhone-X_rear_width.png

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Reactions: Fozamo

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Still don't understand why white and black aren't considered just as if not more boring. They've been the staple iPhone colors since 2016 haha.
Speaking specifically to black, I can understand this point. Every upgrade I’ll generally buy the darkest phone/tech.

Back in the day it was for the bezels, but continually I purchase them because they are essentially unassuming. Not much flash, but still looks sleek, IMO.

I try other colors from time to time because they do give me a bit of excitement, NaTi included, but typically I go back to black/space gray.

Knowing my color ahead of time, regardless of the device type does become kind of boring, but I thoroughly enjoy the device itself, especially this 15PM. So, it works for me.

Also, I like ecosystem color uniformity, or as close to it as possible. The only two colors that really fit the bill, for me, are space gray/black or silver. I would love to see some of these other colors like (cool) NaTi, blue or purple be offered across all devices.

Reactions: LoveMyPens

neil74

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2017
I was torn between the natural and the blue and leaning towards the natural. The deciding factor for me was I mostly use my phone caseless and I was worried about how the coloured phones would show scratches. My natural 15P is due to arrive today so I'll know more then as I have not seen one in the flesh yet.

Last edited:

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
We've had our Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max for a couple of days now. Although they're in Otterbox Defender Pro cases, the Natural Titanium provides a great contrast to the case color. When the phone came out of the box, it appeared to be the same color as the platinum American Express card. With Natural Titanium, everyone knows that, for this year, you own the most popular iPhone 15 Pro model color.

Reyden

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2021
We've had our Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max for a couple of days now. Although they're in Otterbox Defender Pro cases, the Natural Titanium provides a great contrast to the case color. When the phone came out of the box, it appeared to be the same color as the platinum American Express card. With Natural Titanium, everyone knows that, for this year, you own the most popular iPhone 15 Pro model color.
Thanks for letting us know you have Platinum, we'll all be dying of envy now 😂
For me, however, it matches my Model S Plaid for the week and the Urus for the weekends

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I love mine in my Otterbox Symmetry Stardust case!! It’s so pretty! I usually have the white color every year. Except last year when I had the purple 14 Pro Max for 3 months. I liked it for a month then it drove me nuts when I could see dust around the camera lens. When we switched back to Verizon I went back to white. I don’t see myself getting sick of the Natty Tit though! 😍
IMG_3438.jpeg

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
If i was upgrading to the iphone 15 pro, I’d definitely get the Natural Titanium color. I think it’s the best one this year, plus it won’t scratch like the other colors which are painted titanium.

Reactions: svish

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Had originally bought a black Ti Max, but decided to switch to the regular Pro before my return period ended. My local Apple Store only had natural Ti in stock so I got that. Quite pleased with it! The natural definitely shows off the brushed texture of the metal band better than the black did. Pictured next to my favorite bolt action pen, also made of titanium.
IMG_0581.jpg

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Had originally bought a black Ti Max, but decided to switch to the regular Pro before my return period ended. My local Apple Store only had natural Ti in stock so I got that. Quite pleased with it! The natural definitely shows off the brushed texture of the metal band better than the black did. Pictured next to my favorite bolt action pen, also made of titanium. View attachment 2291823
This is very aesthetically pleasing, to me. Nice shot! If it were this cool (temp wise) at every angle I would’ve definitely kept it.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Still enjoying my Nati choice.. been naked since day 1 so far and no scratches or issues *knock on wood* I just love the way the phone feels in the hand and the way it looks too much to put a case on it. Color and aesthetic wise I think this is my favorite iPhone so far.... right behind my first love the iphone 4. You never forget your first ;)

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
@bigjnyc same here. Naked at home, thin TPU case on the go. Definitely the most unique Pro color Apple has released since Sierra Blue and Midnight Green (neither of which I owned unfortunately). Also, my first love would have to be the refurbished original iPhone that I purchased from AT&T and was able to jailbreak and use on T-Mobile back in the day. For sure the 4 is a close second though.

Reactions: bigjnyc

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
@bigjnyc same here. Naked at home, thin TPU case on the go. Definitely the most unique Pro color Apple has released since Sierra Blue and Midnight Green (neither of which I owned unfortunately). Also, my first love would have to be the refurbished original iPhone that I purchased from AT&T and was able to jailbreak and use on T-Mobile back in the day. For sure the 4 is a close second though.
I had the Sierra blue and loved that color... I too missed out on the midnight green unfortunately and I always regretted it.

Reactions: Jeweller

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Had originally bought a black Ti Max, but decided to switch to the regular Pro before my return period ended. My local Apple Store only had natural Ti in stock so I got that. Quite pleased with it! The natural definitely shows off the brushed texture of the metal band better than the black did. Pictured next to my favorite bolt action pen, also made of titanium. View attachment 2291823
This picture actually made me decide to keep my Nat iPhone 15 Pro. I had ordered a black PM because I was having second thoughts about my Pro. The more I've used it though the more I appreciate its smaller size so I cancelled my order. Made me appreciate what I had.

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
. IMO the color is identical to the AW Ultra, and I have liked that for a year now.

The Natural potentially looks identical but it seems to depend on the lighting conditions (some pics here seem to show it as identical), but it color shifts into these light sandy golden hues, and I've never seen the Ultra do that. Sometimes I see these grayish blue hues with it. I was in 2 different Apple Stores, and Nat Titanium looked different in both of those Stores since the lighting was different in each one. MKBHD from YT compared the Nat Titanium more to Starlight and I think that was a good comparison but only one way this color picks up.

Last edited:
Reactions: svish

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
This is probably what 98% of people do lol... Everyone gets all worked up in to a tizzy over colors only to immediately slap a case on it as soon as it arrives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.