Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
dates for car launches...?
[doublepost=1484778485][/doublepost]2017 car launches
February 21: Renault, TBC
February 22: Force India VJM10, Silverstone
February 23: Mercedes W08, Silverstone
February 24: Ferrari, Fiorano and McLaren, Woking
First test days are what I'm looking forward to. Just want them all to close the gap on Mercedes.
Of course I'm dreaming. RBR or Ferrari might.

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
First test days are what I'm looking forward to. Just want them all to close the gap on Mercedes.
Of course I'm dreaming. RBR or Ferrari might.

That's cool.

I know that's gonna happen so i just wanna see which car is the prettiest.

By the way Williams, Renault, and Red Bull all tied for the 2016 PCWC*.

PCWC - Prettiest Car World Championship. A title decided by @pachyderm. @pachyderm heads the PCWC governing body and nobody else is allowed to have an opinion. He tutored under fomer FIA boss Bernie Echelstone**.

** I don't care if I misspelled that ass hat's name.

;)

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
As I stated earlier, I want to see Mercedes do big things. However, I do want to see the likes of Red Bull (Ricciardo) do well, and really give us some close/tight racing. I don't want to see any team just 'drive away with it', that's boring.

Sort of like when bloody Man Utd. would win the league back-to-back all the time, boring, as well as depressing ;(

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I think another season with a single dominant team will be really damaging for F1. Fingers crossed the new regulations level the playing field a little and we see at least 3-4 teams potentially fighting for the win, rather than 2-3 fighting for 3rd place.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I think another season with a single dominant team will be really damaging for F1. Fingers crossed the new regulations level the playing field a little and we see at least 3-4 teams potentially fighting for the win, rather than 2-3 fighting for 3rd place.
I tend to think another year of Mercedes dominance will likely be bad for the sport, overall. Red Bull would still be kind of bad but not as bad as Mercedes. I feel like Ferrari winning would be exciting for a year and then get old fast.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
You're right.

It ain't gonna happen, but you're right.

For the best thing to happen would be for McClaren/Honda or Williams to up their game.

But it ain't gonna happen.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Yes but at least McClaren are returning to more traditional team colours.

this?
16105607_972142396220163_8946678899149244425_n.jpg

hideous.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
I've seen an article or two regarding the new cars and their new aero and tires etc. Supposed to take corners almost flat out. Supposedly they will sound better too. One observation that I didn't like was that these new wide tires and width of the cars will make passing difficult which is the last thing that F1 needs. More passing, less parade. Doesn't F1 get it? Ideally I'd like to see 5 teams that could win every week but don't think that will happen. I'm interested in how Bottas and Hamilton get on but if it's another Mercedes blowout I'm gonna pass.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I've seen an article or two regarding the new cars and their new aero and tires etc. Supposed to take corners almost flat out. Supposedly they will sound better too. One observation that I didn't like was that these new wide tires and width of the cars will make passing difficult which is the last thing that F1 needs. More passing, less parade. Doesn't F1 get it? Ideally I'd like to see 5 teams that could win every week but don't think that will happen. I'm interested in how Bottas and Hamilton get on but if it's another Mercedes blowout I'm gonna pass.

then your weekends are gonna be wide open. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.