Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
KoyS36V.jpg
5209.jpg

Reactions: 0388631

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So free practice is over in Australia for the day.
Lewis fastest. But Max is looking quick to. Ferrari seem to be behind RBR which isn't great for the fans.
Honda seem to have had a good winter though. Not sure how Alonso will feel about that!

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
So 2018 is going to be just like 2017...

I might have a lot more free time on race weekends.

Yep.. those were the predictions. They tried to distract the product with halo's and grid girls (now kids) but the results will be the same. The sport is stupid. Mercedes has so much in the bag, it doesn't even matter what everyone else develops over the year.

Reactions: pachyderm

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Cheer up everybody, we've only had a couple of practise sessions. Might be worth seeing the outcome of the first few races before writing off the whole 2018 season. :D
Very true. If RBR are close then we could see Max verses Lewis which could be interesting.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Unfortunately I see the new season as a repeat of the old season. I predict that Max will try too hard and cause a shunt at the start with Hamilton sailing off in the sunset. The race is live here in the Colonies (0100 Sunday), I'll still give it a look just to see how ESPN carries it and watch the new (to us) presenters from Sky.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Ok Lewis for the last run you can turn off the engine limiter.

Only one guy with a car (engine) good enough to beat him, and he puts it in wall!

Good to see Kimi beating Vettel though :)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Rrriiiggghhttttt peeps... first race tomorrow :D I placed a ten pound bet on my mates Max and Daniel.. either way so if either comes first or second I’ll win, probably not much but anyway here.

So I naturally predict both drivers to now have the worst seasons of their careers ever!,, :D

I’m confused by Alfa though, is it just the Alfa Romeo sponsoring the team or did they build the car?

I will be keeping my eyes on Haas and Honda though as I predict they will be the surprises of the season?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Rrriiiggghhttttt peeps... first race tomorrow :D I placed a ten pound bet on my mates Max and Daniel.. either way so if either comes first or second I’ll win, probably not much but anyway here.

So I naturally predict both drivers to now have the worst seasons of their careers ever!,, :D

I’m confused by Alfa though, is it just the Alfa Romeo sponsoring the team or did they build the car?

I will be keeping my eyes on Haas and Honda though as I predict they will be the surprises of the season?
Just a sponsorship deal at the moment, but who knows what the future holds.

Reactions: apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Just a sponsorship deal at the moment, but who knows what the future holds.

Thanks, I was wondering as I know with Red Bull and Aston Martin it’s just sponsor money at the mo and more subtle branding, but the Alfa car has a giant Alfa badge and branding so was curious?

I can’t get over the halo, it just looks daft to me..wonder how much more chassis stength it adds? If it helps the suspension as it makes the car more solid?
[doublepost=1521911504][/doublepost]

One of the reasons I love the team is it’s colours, seeing them in person, especially the blue they used to have, it’s a lush design.

Also wonder if the Force India drivers will again spend more time hitting each other as opposed to racing?

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Thanks, I was wondering as I know with Red Bull and Aston Martin it’s just sponsor money at the mo and more subtle branding, but the Alfa car has a giant Alfa badge and branding so was curious?

I can’t get over the halo, it just looks daft to me..wonder how much more chassis stength it adds? If it helps the suspension as it makes the car more solid?
[doublepost=1521911504][/doublepost]

One of the reasons I love the team is it’s colours, seeing them in person, especially the blue they used to have, it’s a lush design.

Also wonder if the Force India drivers will again spend more time hitting each other as opposed to racing?
What I don't like about the Halo is the in car camera view. It's now much higher and obscured.
You can't read the steering wheel data or see much of the helmet.
DC suggested they put the drivers name on top backwards so you can at least read it from the in camera view.

Force India drivers won't misbehave. They both know they need to behave this year.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
What I don't like about the Halo is the in car camera view. It's now much higher and obscured.
You can't read the steering wheel data or see much of the helmet.
DC suggested they put the drivers name on top backwards so you can at least read it from the in camera view.

Force India drivers won't misbehave. They both know they need to behave this year.

Yeah the camera view is obstructed a lot, but I’m watcher no the qualifying repeat and just watched Hamilton and it was certainly an impressive view! And a damn fast one too! Brave driving.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yeah the camera view is obstructed a lot, but I’m watcher no the qualifying repeat and just watched Hamilton and it was certainly an impressive view! And a damn fast one too! Brave driving.
A great driver and a great car is an awesome combination. Lewis is unstoppable on certain tracks. Qualifying in Australia is one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.