Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
upload_2018-9-15_8-5-44.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-15_8-5-44.png
    upload_2018-9-15_8-5-44.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: jdechko and apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Yeah I’ve seen some of these concepts, stunning looking, sexy and still purposeful looking.
Seems Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull have shown some so far. If you notice they are all designed in a way that begs for a canopy, but we have the halo instead.
Cool though..

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yeah I’ve seen some of these concepts, stunning looking, sexy and still purposeful looking.
Seems Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull have shown some so far. If you notice they are all designed in a way that begs for a canopy, but we have the halo instead.
Cool though..

Quite a reduction in downforce though, yes? The car is so low I wonder what the aero effect of the Halo will be? :apple:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just hearing about Hass being disqualified for an illegal floor at the Italian Grand Prix.

Also Channel 4 (UK) has won the rights for next years highlights. So at least I haven't got to pay sky to watch it.

Who's going to get poll today then? I fancy Kimi to outshine Vettel.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
79 pole positions? Say what you like about Lewis, but over one lap nobody has come close!
IMG_4009.PNG

Agree that Max will be one to watch out for at the start. Lewis will be happy to be second if Vettel is third. Max has nothing to lose, so will go for it in the first corner I think.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Amazing lap by Lewis - Mercedes have done all their preparations in race pace too so they should have a decent setup for tomorrow. Spare a thought for Williams - yes there were mistakes but Sirotkin in 19th was 1.7seconds off 18th and 5seconds off Lewis. That’s enormous. They need new drivers and a new car; I suspect the rest of the season is going to be a painful write-off.:(

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
why do i keep watching this?

Because NASCAR is like Tractor Pulling? ;););)

Amazing lap by Lewis - Mercedes have done all their preparations in race pace too so they should have a decent setup for tomorrow. Spare a thought for Williams - yes there were mistakes but Sirotkin in 19th was 1.7seconds off 18th and 5seconds off Lewis. That’s enormous. They need new drivers and a new car; I suspect the rest of the season is going to be a painful write-off.:(

Agreed Mercedes was far better prepared. Ferrari seemed unfocused, preoccupied. Really missed the call on the tires in Q. Tomorrow will be key. If they can’t adjust then I think today’s pole by Lewis will hand him the WDC and the WCC to Mercedes. They should have given Kimi one more year. The team has clearly lost focus. Maurizio making faces and shouting at the box from across the lane is not a sign of focus. :apple:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
aah.. my bad.

Have any of you been to the F1 site?

Seems it had a redo. It's really nice.

I'm actually watching a replay of the entire qualifying session on there right now.

Reactions: Glideslope

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Fair enough. Was an attempt at humor. I’ll be more careful next time. ;)
And I snapped at ya for really no reason.

But as I was saying at least with NASCAR you get a different result more often than not. It's all ovals for the most part and I agree it is kind of boring from that aspect. I do love the road courses though. This season they are racing on one at Charlotte .. I think...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well we do have three different teams in the top three on the grid today.
I can't ever remember F1 having more than 2 or 3 cars likely to win a race.
Reliability obviously keeps the top cars winning. Back when I started watching, it was common for many cars to not make the finish. Of course those turbo blow outs made for some fun times!

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Well we do have three different teams in the top three on the grid today.
I can't ever remember F1 having more than 2 or 3 cars likely to win a race.
Reliability obviously keeps the top cars winning. Back when I started watching, it was common for many cars to not make the finish. Of course those turbo blow outs made for some fun times!

2008? was that the season we had 7 or 8 different winners?

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
And I snapped at ya for really no reason.

But as I was saying at least with NASCAR you get a different result more often than not. It's all ovals for the most part and I agree it is kind of boring from that aspect. I do love the road courses though. This season they are racing on one at Charlotte .. I think...

It’s fine. My use of humor over my life has always had a heavy sarcastic tilt. I forget at times how people who do not know me on a personal level can at times perceive it as something other.

By no means are you the first. I need to remember these forums are not the Annual Family Picnic at my brothers camp. :rolleyes:

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
aah.. my bad.

Have any of you been to the F1 site?

Seems it had a redo. It's really nice.

I'm actually watching a replay of the entire qualifying session on there right now.

I haven’t looked at the site but the YouTube channel is pretty amazing compared to pre-Liberty era. Same day race highlights (using Sky commentary) and some cool other stuff. I quite like their “best of team radio” compilations they do for each race.

Last edited:

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Bad error by Pérez at the start to put Ocon into the wall. Vettel luck to get the pass on Verstappen done just before the safety car came.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.