Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Perez is an animal. I wish he was losing his seat. Ocon has done nothing wrong, but he really needs some luck to retain a seat.

Shame Max couldn't keep pace with the big boys. Going to see the two WC contenders drive off.

I don’t think Lewis will be too upset if he finishes second. If Vettel has a dive expect a fair but cautious defence.

EDIT: interesting the front two have gone onto different compounds. I wonder if the Mercedes was seeing high degradation at race pace.

EDIT2: sounds like the plan from Ferrari was for a 1 stop, but maybe they have to 2 stop and hope for a safety car around the time of the stop window to have a go at the end? But Verstappen and the Mercs seem to have the optimal strategy.o_O

Last edited:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I don’t think Lewis will be too upset if he finishes second. If Vettel has a dive expect a fair but cautious defence.

At this point even an overtake attempt would be thrilling. Absolutely nothing has happened in the first 12 laps. Oh wait, Ferrari are touching the tyre blankets in the garage!

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
At this point even an overtake attempt would be thrilling. Absolutely nothing has happened in the first 12 laps. Oh wait, Ferrari are touching the tyre blankets in the garage!

Channel 4 must be a bit peeved considering the Belgium Grand Prix. The only excitement is if there’s a safety car or rain otherwise it’s only about how far back Vettel will end up if he has to pit again.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Channel 4 must be a bit peeved considering the Belgium Grand Prix. The only excitement is if there’s a safety car or rain otherwise it’s only about how far back Vettel will end up if he has to pit again.
It's not the best is it? Even a SC isn't going to be that good. I expect everyone would come in for fresh rubber.
[doublepost=1537103896][/doublepost]Perez should be banned! He just drove into his second car this race.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
It's not the best is it? Even a SC isn't going to be that good. I expect everyone would come in for fresh rubber.
[doublepost=1537103896][/doublepost]Perez should be banned! He just drove into his second car this race.

Yep agree. That’s worse than Vettel in Baku last year. George Russell to Force India for a race!

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
It’s daft for Williams - Sirotkin is clearly not going to last the race, but held up the entire field. He’s even been overtaken by Perez who trundled back to the pits and had a tyre change.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It’s daft for Williams - Sirotkin is clearly not going to last the race, but held up the entire field. He’s even been overtaken by Perez who trundled back to the pits and had a tyre change.
Sad. They used to be my favourite team with McLaren. But they are a shadow of their former self.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Great result for Lewis

I do have to laugh at the coverage though lol. The computerised animated graphics, stat card style photos of the drivers and the atmospheric music over the top at the end?! WTAF? I haven’t caught many races this year as I’m busy but liberty media really have Americanised the way we now view the sport and I must say I hate it! No offence to Americans here, I just think it’s the difference between cultures and how we broadcast.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Great result for Lewis

I do have to laugh at the coverage though lol. The computerised animated graphics, stat card style photos of the drivers and the atmospheric music over the top at the end?! WTAF? I haven’t caught many races this year as I’m busy but liberty media really have Americanised the way we now view the sport and I must say I hate it! No offence to Americans here, I just think it’s the difference between cultures and how we broadcast.

I’m quite like some of the graphics. This big screen Lewis landed on with the sponsor appearing is just a fancier bit of the post football match interview. The bit I found strange was when they got interviewed in Parc ferme and also on the podium which seems a duplication. I also miss the interaction between the drivers in the pre podium room which hasn’t been happening recently.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
;);)
I’m quite like some of the graphics. This big screen Lewis landed on with the sponsor appearing is just a fancier bit of the post football match interview. The bit I found strange was when they got interviewed in Parc ferme and also on the podium which seems a duplication. I also miss the interaction between the drivers in the pre podium room which hasn’t been happening recently.

Could not agree more. Some of my fondest memories are from conversation in the “ Cool Down Room.” Liberty wants to turn F1 into Indy Cars on Steroids. Never thought I say it but it was better with Bernie. ..... and he always sided with Ferrari.;)

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

Our feed showed them in the "cool down" room before the trophy ceremony. I wish it was mic'ed better though...

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Just started to watch it, talk about utterly fixed! They thre the safety car the SPLIT SECOND Seb overtook Max. That’s so so so so rigged! The Sky commentators stating this is what the Race Control chap does, let’s them race for a bit after someone smashes into the wall then throws the safety car up!

Not happy by that.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just started to watch it, talk about utterly fixed! They thre the safety car the SPLIT SECOND Seb overtook Max. That’s so so so so rigged! The Sky commentators stating this is what the Race Control chap does, let’s them race for a bit after someone smashes into the wall then throws the safety car up!

Not happy by that.
You've just seen the highlight of the race!

Reactions: apolloa

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

Not happy by that.

While I understand your comment if one looks at Singapore from a historical perspective it really was A-Typical. Historically, Charlie will hold off on the Safety Car with an early crash a tad longer to let the cars spread out a bit given the layout at Singapore. I think if one does some research on this it can be confirmed. :apple:

Reactions: apolloa

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Our feed showed them in the "cool down" room before the trophy ceremony. I wish it was mic'ed better though...

Yeah just after I posted they showed the pre podium stuff! I think they’re experimenting - Monza had two interviews (parc ferme and on the podium) and I can’t remember being shown any pre podium stuff. Singapore has a better balance.

Reactions: pachyderm

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
You've just seen the highlight of the race!

Yeah now on lap 47.. Serocin and Force India driving angry though Aaahhhh Gggrrrrr Anggggrrryyy driver! Haha.

While I understand your comment if one looks at Singapore from a historical perspective it really was A-Typical. Historically, Charlie will hold off on the Safety Car with an early crash a tad longer to let the cars spread out a bit given the layout at Singapore. I think if one does some research on this it can be confirmed. :apple:

That’s what the commentators were kind of saying, still ggrrr.....! Lol
[doublepost=1537130546][/doublepost]Gotta say, at the end a sign of age difference? Max seemed less tired then Lewis?

Reactions: Glideslope

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yeah just after I posted they showed the pre podium stuff! I think they’re experimenting - Monza had two interviews (parc ferme and on the podium) and I can’t remember being shown any pre podium stuff. Singapore has a better balance.

They are using a “Loop Delay” after Lewis’ Bottom End Rubbing that went viral after Spa. :eek::eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.