Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I think I’ve just watched some of the MOST DISGUSTING. EHAVIOUR BY ANY F1 TEAM! So not only did the total utter blind idiot release Kimi, Kimi then just storms out of his car into the garage and didn’t even look at the direction of the poor bloke he’s left lying in the pit lane floor in agony...

Ferrari fully deserve a 10 place grid penalty for the next two races for BOTH drivers and a massive fine for the disaster and arrogance they just shown!

Red Bull holding up to the usual reliability this part of the season, and Torro Rosso coming fifth with the Honda engine, well so far they hare hahahaha

Yet the fifth place is OVER 30 seconds behind the top three, that is why the changes in 2021 cannot come soon enough and if it means Ferrari and Mercedes quit then good riddance.

Anyway, Ferrari were unbelievable in this race! And Kimi showed no thing but total arrogance.. and I noticed he wasn’t the only Ferrari employee who didn’t bother to go and check in the poor mechanic...

The system that they use can be overridden by the person who releases the car, they have eyes and are stood at the front of the flipping car! I suggest they train people to use their flipping eyes instead of looking at some lights going off or changing colour!

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think I’ve just watched some of the MOST DISGUSTING. EHAVIOUR BY ANY F1 TEAM! So not only did the total utter blind idiot release Kimi, Kimi then just storms out of his car into the garage and didn’t even look at the direction of the poor bloke he’s left lying in the pit lane floor in agony...

Ferrari fully deserve a 10 place grid penalty for the next two races for BOTH drivers and a massive fine for the disaster and arrogance they just shown!

Red Bull holding up to the usual reliability this part of the season, and Torro Rosso coming fifth with the Honda engine, well so far they hare hahahaha

Yet the fifth place is OVER 30 seconds behind the top three, that is why the changes in 2021 cannot come soon enough and if it means Ferrari and Mercedes quit then good riddance.

Anyway, Ferrari were unbelievable in this race! And Kimi showed no thing but total arrogance.. and I noticed he wasn’t the only Ferrari employee who didn’t bother to go and check in the poor mechanic...
To be fair Kimi may have just been keeping out of the way.
As a first aided the last thing you want is people crowding round to see if they can help, when clearly they can't.
[doublepost=1523206442][/doublepost]

Also thinking about the gap from the top three to fourth, if RBR had been there, I suspect it would all have been much closer to fourth and fifth.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
To be fair Kimi may have just been keeping out of the way.
As a first aided the last thing you want is people crowding round to see if they can help, when clearly they can't.
[doublepost=1523206442][/doublepost]
Also thinking about the gap from the top three to fourth, if RBR had been there, I suspect it would all have been much closer to fourth and fifth.

No, sorry their is NO excuse for not bothering to pay ANY attention to someone you just ran over, NONE! I bet the only thing on Kimis mind was how upset he was his race was ruined.
The commentators also said this was the second unsafe release Ferrari had made this year or this weekend. It was an accident waiting to happen.

And the gap is now over 50 seconds. This is the reason people turned off F1, because it gets utterly boring watching the exact same teams winning, they need the new regs to come in ASAP. I can see why people say Forumla E will overtake F1 within five years or so.

And Lewis was doing his usual throwing his toys out the prom because he wasn’t winning, telling his team he doesn’t know what the **** is going on accusing his team of not telling his.

Hmm bad attitudes from Mercedes and Ferrari this weekend.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
No, sorry their is NO excuse for not bothering to pay ANY attention to someone you just ran over, NONE! I bet the only thing on Kimis mind was how upset he was his race was ruined.

And the gap is now over 50 seconds. This is the reason people turned off F1, because it gets utterly boring watching the exact same teams winning, they need the new regs to come in ASAP.
That race was anything but boring.

Reactions: nebo1ss and edvj

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Thoughts to Ferrari's Crew Member. Hope all is well. P1 Master Class by the Master. Great win for Ferrari. Tough for Kimi. Ferrari needs to fix the pit issues. Should have been P1, P3.
What you say? Torro Rossa/Honda P4 !!!!!!! Outstanding. Great drive for Alonso as well. Looks like the mediums may have had some issues around 35 laps. Bottas should have been able to pass Seb. Made a couple errors on lap 56.

As always, Lewis the Manchild yelling at the team, swearing in the cool down room requiring apologies from the commentators. Looking like he would cry on the podium. Complete basket case now. :eek:

Going to be a great season. ;)

Reactions: apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah, we don’t know what any of them can actually do. Lance stroll could be the best driver on the grid, but he’s in crap equipment. Not saying he is, just making a point that the cars are so far apart no one could take a Williams or toro rosso to victory right now.

Totally agree, it’s becoming boring again with the same old dogs winning, I like Torro Rosso. They ran in fifth to fourth the entire race and were at best 30 seconds plus behind the leaders. Trouble is it’s a very political sport, like Mercedes persuading Pirelli to change the tyre thickness because their car had trouble with them blistering on certain tracks, other teams had no issues... and that’s not mentioning the money the top teams including Red Bull are allowed to throw at the sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonybarnaby

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
The commentators also said this was the second unsafe release Ferrari had made this year or this weekend. It was an accident waiting to happen.

And the gap is now over 50 seconds. This is the reason people turned off F1, because it gets utterly boring watching the exact same teams winning, they need the new regs to come in ASAP. I can see why people say Forumla E will overtake F1 within five years or so.

And Lewis was doing his usual throwing his toys out the prom because he wasn’t winning, telling his team he doesn’t know what the **** is going on accusing his team of not telling his.

Hmm bad attitudes from Mercedes and Ferrari this weekend.

Agreed. I was very disappointed to see Kimi not go over to his crew member. He is better than that deep down inside. I'm sure he regrets it now. :apple:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That was a surprisingly entertaining race. I hope that Ferrari pit member is ok. Any updates?
Broken his lower leg. Flown to hospital.
[doublepost=1523207675][/doublepost]
Thoughts to Ferrari's Crew Member. Hope all is well. P1 Master Class by the Master. Great win for Ferrari. Tough for Kimi. Ferrari needs to fix the pit issues. Should have been P1, P3.
What you say? Torro Rossa/Honda P4 !!!!!!! Outstanding. Great drive for Alonso as well. Looks like the mediums may have had some issues around 35 laps. Bottas should have been able to pass Seb. Made a couple errors on lap 56.

As always, Lewis the Manchild yelling at the team, swearing in the cool down room requiring apologies from the commentators. Looking like he would cry on the podium. Complete basket case now. :eek:

Going to be a great season. ;)
Haters gonna hate.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
I wish Bottas could make a run. Or put Alonso in top equipment again. Lewis Hamilton and vettel are both very hard to like. Arrogant cry babies.

Did anyone catch that comment during the pre race where some guy (can’t recall who) jokingly made a comment about needing to put up a wall because Perez somehow made it over. Very odd in this extremely politically correct time we live in.

It was awesome seeing Honda power up front at the end. As someone who doesn’t like Ferrari or Mercedes, there is little to cheer for most race weekends. The top teams are led by arrogant ****s and the bottom teams are leagues behind. Alonso should be #2 at Ferrari or Mercedes. Nothing against Bottas or Kimi, but Fernando is probably the most skilled and honest driver on the entire grid.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
All too often the dominant driver in F1 is an egomaniac and very hard to like them. Schumacher, vettel, Hamilton all seem to only care about themselves and cry constantly at anything they dislike. Give me another Jacques villeneuve who takes no BS and isn’t a diva.

It’s a shame, because Lewis seemed really likeable earlier in his career. That top gear segment where he drove Senna’s old car was amazing, and he seemed humble and down to earth. I guess massive success must be hard to handle. I may be the same way if I were one of the best ever. Just hard to really care about a lot of these drivers.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I wish Bottas could make a run. Or put Alonso in top equipment again. Lewis Hamilton and vettel are both very hard to like. Arrogant cry babies.

Did anyone catch that comment during the pre race where some guy (can’t recall who) jokingly made a comment about needing to put up a wall because Perez somehow made it over. Very odd in this extremely politically correct time we live in.

It was awesome seeing Honda power up front at the end. As someone who doesn’t like Ferrari or Mercedes, there is little to cheer for most race weekends. The top teams are led by arrogant ****s and the bottom teams are leagues behind. Alonso should be #2 at Ferrari or Mercedes. Nothing against Bottas or Kimi, but Fernando is probably the most skilled and honest driver on the entire grid.
No racist comments on my coverage. DC isn't really the type!

Agree I enjoyed Honda's fourth, but if Kimi had finished and RBR both finished, it would most likely be an seventh.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
No racist comments on my coverage. DC isn't really the type!

Agree I enjoyed Honda's fourth, but if Kimi had finished and RBR both finished, it would most likely be an seventh.

I should of watched the coverage on none Sky, I hate Brundles commentary sometimes, he’s as arrogant as Lewis can be!

All too often the dominant driver in F1 is an egomaniac and very hard to like them. Schumacher, vettel, Hamilton all seem to only care about themselves and cry constantly at anything they dislike. Give me another Jacques villeneuve who takes no BS and isn’t a diva.

It’s a shame, because Lewis seemed really likeable earlier in his career. That top gear segment where he drove Senna’s old car was amazing, and he seemed humble and down to earth. I guess massive success must be hard to handle. I may be the same way if I were one of the best ever. Just hard to really care about a lot of these drivers.

I agree though, Botas has some personality thank God, but Lewis is a two year old who I think just sees money these days, and Vettel is arrogant sometimes on and off the track. I wonder if Vettel even spent a two second thought for the mechanic with a brocken leg?

Last edited:
Reactions: Glideslope

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
I should of watched the coverage on none Sky, I hate Brundles commentary sometimes, he’s as arrogant as Lewis can be!

I agree though, Botas has some personality thank God, but Lewis is a two year old who I think just sees money these days, and Vettel is arrogant sometimes on and off the track. I wonder if Vettel even spree a two second thought for the mechanic with a brocken leg?
We’ll see if he speaks on it at all.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
What's the mechanics name? According to Ferrari drivers it's left rear tyre man!

I've changed my mind after hearing Kimi being interviewed after the race. He seemed to know nothing about how the guy was doing. Shame as he is one of my favourite drivers.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
What's the mechanics name? According to Ferrari drivers it's left rear tyre man!

I've changed my mind after hearing Kimi being interviewed after the race. He seemed to know nothing about how the guy was doing. Shame as he is one of my favourite drivers.
It’s hard for a normal person like us to understand the pressure of f1, but this is different. He didn’t have a wheel fall off because of a loose lug. He hit and seriously injured a team member. The way he dropped his wheel into the car and walked back to the pits showed someone who was upset for himself, period. He didn’t run back to check on him from what I saw. No doubt the crew member was yelling in pain, so it’s not like he was unsure of the severity.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Just watched Kimi being interviewed, disgusting attitude, a lot of ‘I don’t know’... seemed to come across as I don’t care to me..
Kimi is known for being cold/blunt, so we also need to remember that. It’s too bad he doesn’t seem empathetic, but I do feel he’s a decent guy at heart. Any word on it from vettel? Ferrari is supposedly a “team”, lol.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Kimi is known for being cold/blunt, so we also need to remember that. It’s too bad he doesn’t seem empathetic, but I do feel he’s a decent guy at heart. Any word on it from vettel? Ferrari is supposedly a “team”, lol.

I think in this instance he could have showing some kind of remorse apart from his usual blunt expressionless face!
And Vettell mentioned the incident willingly when interviewed on the podium and sent his best wishes to the guy, in ten seconds he came across so much more sincere then Kimi did in a 30 second interview.

It will be interesting to see if the FIA does anything to Ferrari over this. They should heavily fine them really but I bet they don’t.
[doublepost=1523213265][/doublepost]Hmm reading more into the incident, from what I can gather, they now heavily rely on sensors telling the release man all wheels are on the car and he releases, now that includes the system showing any wheel as being ‘green’ that hasn’t been changed in 2 seconds!
It seems to be an utterly stupid system, they couldn’t get the wheel off in under a second so the system showed green because it was still on and the car released....

This is a system with accidents just waiting to happen, I think they must return to the system with mechanics putting arms in the air to confirm the wheel has been changed, a hell of a lot safer it would seem, because the release guy I don’t think will check all mechanics are clear, they’ll see green lights and go... even if their job IS to check mechanics are clear of the car first.

And apparently the reports are the mechanic is called Francesco and has in fact brocken two bones in his leg, let’s hope he doesn’t need surgery for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonybarnaby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.